'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Actually your AP will be included on the band you will receive for your resort stay. Mine was the first time I got a band last Fall. Just make sure you link everything in your account. I like the band (all 7 of them) and haven't had a problem. I would just like something that distinguishes me from other guests - the slider will do.

I think the PROBLEM here is OP is within the 60 day window for FP+ and his MDE account does not show him as eligible for the band, I'm guessing he's either a long term AP holder or a Premier Passport holder neither of which MDE seems to recognize as being eligible for FP+ or MB.

I'm in the same boat as our stay is within 60 days and MDE does not have us scheduled for MB etc, I'm so looking forward to spending hours at GR getting grey bands working... (just like 2013).

MissM

Is there a way to opt out of MBs completely? I don't mind using them at my resort for charging and having my AP linked to the band, but for my AP, I'd rather have it as a card that goes safely and securely in my wallet.
I completed my order for them to ensure I would get access to FP+ but the bands arrived and I shoved the box in a drawer and there they will stay. I won't ever use/wear them. I'll stick with my card. So feel free to complete the order if you see it in your account to ensure you get full scheduling access and then just don't use them. Your existing RFID AP will work just fine. :)

J061112C

We are AP holders who have bands from a resort stay. Has anyone heard whether we will need to order a new set. We also have an AP on the account that doesn't have a band yet, since it was added after the resort stay.

horizons82

There is nothing at all showing up in my MDE about getting MBs. I've looked under the MagicBands and cards tab and there is nothing there about a MB order needing to be customized, nor does it show about any pending order for MB. I'm also still not eligible to make FP+ plans. However, it does show my annual passes which are linked to my account.

I know this was described as a roll-out, which I'm sure will take time, but does anyone know if there is a date at which all APs should have received notice about getting their MBs?

durangojim

Has there been any word yet on how this will work for those with Premier Pass who still need the standard physical pass for access to DL Resort? I understand that's an overall pretty small number of people but just curious if there has been any word on how they'll support that community.

I'm one of those who never wanted the band anyway because I'm too absent-minded to remember it all the time. i'd prefer the RFID card so it's always in my wallet and I don't have to remember to bring the band.
I have a Premier Pass, the AP option for getting MBs hasn't appeared on my disney experience page yet. However, we've been to DL in October and WDW this past January already and stayed at BC so we actually have Mbs attached to our Premier Pass. I would imagine that they'll just send you the MBs but you still just use the card at DL.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have a Premier Pass, the AP option for getting MBs hasn't appeared on my disney experience page yet. However, we've been to DL in October and WDW this past January already and stayed at BC so we actually have Mbs attached to our Premier Pass. I would imagine that they'll just send you the MBs but you still just use the card at DL.

I used my RFID Premier media at DL in September and continue to use it as normal here in Orlando all the time. It now provides full access to FP+ advance reservation since a one-night resort stay in Jan.

I don't anticipate any issues until I come up for renewal in late June and just curious what I should expect at that stage. Given how messed up all this AP stuff has been I would not be surprised at all if there wasn't an answer to that question but was just curious if anyone had heard anything yet.

I've got a reservation next month and Memorial Day weekend and I don't see the order for an AP Magic Band. I don't really need another band, but the slider would be nice to add to all the other bling on my Band. Does the gold card also work for the discounts or do we still need the AP card?

The gold card works for the discount and parking.

Rob562

There is nothing at all showing up in my MDE about getting MBs. I've looked under the MagicBands and cards tab and there is nothing there about a MB order needing to be customized, nor does it show about any pending order for MB. I'm also still not eligible to make FP+ plans. However, it does show my annual passes which are linked to my account.

I know this was described as a roll-out, which I'm sure will take time, but does anyone know if there is a date at which all APs should have received notice about getting their MBs?

As mentioned in the News item here on WDWMagic, "...planned to take place within the next couple of weeks."
(i.e. If you can't see it at this exact moment, don't panic)

I believe the pics posted earlier in this thread showing what the notification looks like were from someone who was selected for the testing last month. It's not someone who got access from this full roll-out.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...rs-taking-place-within-the-next-few-weeks.htm

-Rob

horizons82

Thanks Rob for that info. Yes, I was starting to check MDE thinking people were already showing screens for how their accounts showed they were getting MBs for their AP affiliations, but if that was just to show what happened for testing then I'll continue to be patient :)

I don't really care so much about the MBs as much as I do being able to have that advance FP available to us APs. As one who likes to pop in the park for 4-5 hours later in the afternoon or evening, this will make it MUCH more enjoyable to be able to get on some of the attractions which seem so impossible to get otherwise (Peter Pan).

cmoliver68

I received the customization message this morning for 1 of 5 APs on my MDE account. Hopefully the others will show up later today or over the next couple of days. Interestingly, my credit card is used to pay for the passes but my band was not the one to be customized.

DisneyCane

I received the customization message this morning for 1 of 5 APs on my MDE account. Hopefully the others will show up later today or over the next couple of days. Interestingly, my credit card is used to pay for the passes but my band was not the one to be customized.

Where did you get the message. Was it an email or did it appear somewhere in your MDE account?

WendyTinkerbell

They must be working on the system now, as some of my family APs completely disappeared from the screen today and it says that "some options may not be available." After going through more screens, I was able to get the missing magic bands back.

erins3204

My linked tickets have disappeared from my MDE app. Does this mean if I re-link them I will be able to order my magic band?

Of course I don't have them on me today to see! Grr!

G8rchamps

I got Olaf telling me they can't seem to put the page together right now and try again later. I have 2 sets of bands already and can configure a 3rd for a resort stay in June, but I keep checking in to see if I can get AP bands...

cmoliver68

It was in the MagicBand/Card section of MDE. All of my other bands and cards are still listed but at the top there is a section to customize a new order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom