'MyMagic+' rollout for all Annual Passholders taking place within the next few weeks

MissM

Just to clarify...

As an AP, I will get a MagicBand and I have my current RFID AP ticket/card (which can be used interchangeably once I get my MB).

But what about the "discount card" I keep hearing about? I think I read where APs in the FP+ testing got another card that was called a discount card and it was used to designate whether they received free parking with their AP and other merch/food discounts. But what was the point of this card as I can use my current card for discounts (except for parking designation)?

Will we also be getting this discount card and what does it do that my current AP card does not? Is it something that will replace my current AP card or something in addition to the RFID pass/card I currently have, or will we actually have three related items to carry?
See this post for a photo of the gold cards: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/ap-mymagic-update.879840/page-2#post-5928008

The gold card comes with your magic band order. (If you are a seasonal ap you get a black card to show you don't get free parking.) It does nothing different. It's simply an additional card to use when wearing your magic band. Presumably, they will be issuing magic bands by default moving forward so new passholders won't have RFID cards they can use and will need the card for their proof of free parking/AP discounts. So moving forward it would be band + gold card. (Though if you have an RFID ticket and would like to continue using that instead of magic band + gold card, you can.)

horizons82

Thanks for the response. It sounds like the only thing the discount card does over the AP RFID card is that it designates whether the parking is covered as part of the AP or not. I guess it would really only make a difference then for those with the passes that include parking.

Out of curiosity, what have APs been having to show at the toll plaza to get their free parking up to this point? Or do they give you something to put on or in your car for when you go through the toll plaza?

Thanks for the response. It sounds like the only thing the discount card does over the AP RFID card is that it designates whether the parking is covered as part of the AP or not. I guess it would really only make a difference then for those with the passes that include parking.

Out of curiosity, what have APs been having to show at the toll plaza to get their free parking up to this point? Or do they give you something to put on or in your car for when you go through the toll plaza?

Before MM+, I had to show my RFID card and ID. With MM+, I have to show my gold passholder card and ID.

@MissM is right on point. The MagicBand and parking/discount card will be the standard moving forward. RFID must be specifically requested if desired.

KellyELock

If you are currently an Annual Passholder, then all you have to do is link your Magic Band to your pass. The first time I stayed at a resort that was testing the Magic Bands (last Fall), my pass was linked to the band I received. And it's been linked to the additional 7 bands I now have. My only complaint is that Disney should let you say "I already have a band and don't need another" when you make a resort reservation. But no.....
Is it possible to do this yet? I have looked all over in MDE, and I don't see an option to link our annual passes to our magic band order. My only option when I view our Annual passes is to deactivate them, which I do not want to do. It says my Magic band order won't be shipped until April, since my resort stay isn't until May. I have already customized my Magic bands, but apparently they still won't be shipped until April. I am hoping I am still allowed to use MM+ when it rolls out to the rest of the Annual Passholders in the next couple of weeks and that my resort stay/Magic band order doesn't mess that up. I guess it's a "wait and see how Disney coded for this" kinda scenario.

Rob562

Is it possible to do this yet? I have looked all over in MDE, and I don't see an option to link our annual passes to our magic band order. My only option when I view our Annual passes is to deactivate them, which I do not want to do. It says my Magic band order won't be shipped until April, since my resort stay isn't until May. I have already customized my Magic bands, but apparently they still won't be shipped until April. I am hoping I am still allowed to use MM+ when it rolls out to the rest of the Annual Passholders in the next couple of weeks and that my resort stay/Magic band order doesn't mess that up. I guess it's a "wait and see how Disney coded for this" kinda scenario.

You'll definitely be able to use FP+ since you have a resort stay. The date shown is the Band associated with that stay. The AP roll-out (should) give you an *additional* Band, which can be used interchangeably with the one you'll get from your resort stay.

Getting the AP Band should also open up your ability to make FP+ reservations for dates *before* your resort stay.

-Rob

sjhym333

The gold AP card that ships with MagicBands are for parking and your discounts. The idea is if you have your MagicBand then you use the card for parking and discounts. If you decide not to use your MagicBand then your current AP will still do all that it does now including parking and discounts. It ultimately is your choice on which you want to use at the moment.

Sped2424

My account looked like this:

ap-bands1a.jpg

The "Your Orders" part was new when I was eligible to get the bands. Clicking that brought me to this:

ap-bands1b.jpg

I had to click the "Confirm Shipping Address" link to select the color and name for each band and confirm the address was correct. Disney did not ship the bands until I completed that step. My account had the "Your Orders" field enabled before I got the email alerting me to it. So keep checking and when you see you have a pending band order, confirm it. You should be able to book FP+ as soon as you see the pending order in your MDE account.
Thank you very much for your help!

StarWarsGirl

Is there a way to opt out of MBs completely? I don't mind using them at my resort for charging and having my AP linked to the band, but for my AP, I'd rather have it as a card that goes safely and securely in my wallet.

sjhym333

You could not order one I guess when it is offered to you or you can order one, not use it and keep it as a souvenir. Both my card and MagicBand work so I can use one or the other

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not yet - DW even has a resort stay scheduled for us in the next 60 days (i don't want to go b/c of 2013 bad experience) So it looks like all the fun from 2013 is STILL NOT FIXED.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you already have an RFID AP card, you can continue to use it. I was part of the AP FP+ test and used my RFID cards instead because I don't want to wear/use the bands. No problem. My account currently shows that I have two cards and one magic band. (I left my tickets at home one time and they issued me a second set but didn't deactivate the first set. So I can use either card and/or the band as I wish.)

AP FP+ testers got to pick their color and name options from the normal selection via the website but came with little sliders that say, "2013 Annual Passholder" you can slide on the strap. (Though I'm going to be honest, I don't know how comfortable it would be since it seems like it sticks out weirdly on the sides.)

20140303_225334.jpg

They also included gold "Annual Passholder Discount" cards which you now show for parking and discounts if you're using a band. (Alternately, if you're using your RFID AP ticket you can simply show that as well for now. They may start requiring the gold cards for parking at some point when everyone has one. Either way though, you will still need a card in addition to the band for your AP benefits.) Seasonal AP's who don't get parking get a black card for discount only.

I don't know if this is going procedure at some point, but for now, those in the AP FP+ testing received gold RFID cards to indicate their free parking rights (and 10% merch discounts, etc.) I would imagine that as FP+ rolls out to all AP's they will get the same gold parking pass cards as well to show at the toll booth.

In my case since I was in the AP FP+ test, they mailed them to me. I selected my colors and name options in my MDE profile on the website, confirmed my shipping address and they mailed them out same as resort guests. (In the "Incredibles" box and all.) They also included the 2013 AP sliders and gold AP parking/discount cards. They didn't ship until I confirmed the information though in my account. I would guess they'll do the same and notify you to confirm your info in your account. They overnighted ours due to the limited time of the test.

Great, just what I needed - an 8th Magic Band.....

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has there been any word yet on how this will work for those with Premier Pass who still need the standard physical pass for access to DL Resort? I understand that's an overall pretty small number of people but just curious if there has been any word on how they'll support that community.

I'm one of those who never wanted the band anyway because I'm too absent-minded to remember it all the time. i'd prefer the RFID card so it's always in my wallet and I don't have to remember to bring the band.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don't necessarily see the benefit of scanning the band for parking purposes. If that is the case, then MagicBands with free parking can be loaned to others. Further, if they ask for ID - what's the difference between pulling out your Driver's License at the same time you pull out the gold passholder card?

I not sure there is a viable option from presenting ID and an AP card.

I agree, I have 7 bands so far. What prevents me from giving (or renting) them to others? And won't scanning slow down entry into the parking lots? Or Disney has a special line just for Annual Passholders?

LAKid53

Premium Member

You show your Annual Pass card - they check the back to see what type of pass you have.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not yet - DW even has a resort stay scheduled for us in the next 60 days (i don't want to go b/c of 2013 bad experience) So it looks like all the fun from 2013 is STILL NOT FIXED.

I've got a reservation next month and Memorial Day weekend and I don't see the order for an AP Magic Band. I don't really need another band, but the slider would be nice to add to all the other bling on my Band. Does the gold card also work for the discounts or do we still need the AP card?

LAKid53

Premium Member
You'll definitely be able to use FP+ since you have a resort stay. The date shown is the Band associated with that stay. The AP roll-out (should) give you an *additional* Band, which can be used interchangeably with the one you'll get from your resort stay.

Getting the AP Band should also open up your ability to make FP+ reservations for dates *before* your resort stay.

-Rob

Actually your AP will be included on the band you will receive for your resort stay. Mine was the first time I got a band last Fall. Just make sure you link everything in your account. I like the band (all 7 of them) and haven't had a problem. I would just like something that distinguishes me from other guests - the slider will do.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh I agree! The days of park hopping are done for pass holders.

Then WDW needs to reduce the price for annual passes - that is one of the benefits of having any of the passes (that and the 10% discount and free parking). If we are paying nearly $500 a year for a Florida Resident Annual Pass, then Disney needs to give us a break on FastPass+.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Before MM+, I had to show my RFID card and ID. With MM+, I have to show my gold passholder card and ID.

@MissM is right on point. The MagicBand and parking/discount card will be the standard moving forward. RFID must be specifically requested if desired.

Nice to know that. So just to be on the safe side, I will bring all my AP cards Disney has provided. :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Then WDW needs to reduce the price for annual passes - that is one of the benefits of having any of the passes (that and the 10% discount and free parking). If we are paying nearly $500 a year for a Florida Resident Annual Pass, then Disney needs to give us a break on FastPass+.

You didn't get a discount when FPs were out before... why would FP+ be any different?

Do you not enter a park without FP?

Scuttle

Agreed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom