My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

ScorpionX

• there's too much Star Wars at Hollywood Studios
  • Disney should have built all-encompassing Pixar Land and Lucasfilm Land instead of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, respectively
  • Downtown Disney is a more exciting name than Disney Springs
  • Pop Century Legendary Years would've been better than Art of Animation
  • paper FPs were better than FP+
  • Hollywood Studios should've stayed a working film studio
  • Disney should have built Beastly Kingdom instead of Pandora
  • the Tomorrowland Speedway isn't a bad ride
  • the new PeopleMover narration isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be

KBLovedDisney

Star Wars Land, yes. Toy Story Land, no. Why a land based on Toy Story? A ride is enough. There really isn't an immersive land that would qualify, unless we all get shoved into a jumbo sized toy box.

Brad Bishop

Mine is:

I don't like the Food & Wine Festival. The expensive, sample-sized food items you get aren't particularly good and the "exotic" beer and wine is what you can find at your local grocery store or liquor store. It's not like you're getting some sample of some fabulous food and a drink you wouldn't find elsewhere.

Add to it that if you want better food and drink it's already available at Epcot year-round.

El_Tomato

About the new Star Wars Land model... I wasn't really impressed by it. I'm sure the land itself will be crazily detailed and all, but after the crazy floating mountains of Pandora and its amazing rockwork, this new planet just feels "meh" and pretty plain to me.

Brad Bishop

I'm in agreement with Midway Mania being overrated. It's like all parents think that their kids MUST ride MM and, it's good, but it's not great. It's definitely not great enough to warrant the huge line that forms each day.

Another one:
I'm not a fan of the "story" fireworks or the endless montages of classic animated movies tossed together for things. They're just showing you a bunch of characters. There's no cohesion. Jiminy Cricket going on and on about "wishes" and "dreams" and the obligatory "evil" part - just shoot the fireworks off, already, and maybe do it to music.

mimitchi33

• Frozen Ever After and Journey Into Imagination with Figment are two of my all-time favorite rides at Walt Disney World.
  • I am always bored by the Haunted Mansion (except the holiday version with Nightmare Before Christmas).
  • I don't get why people hate The Seas With Nemo and Friends.

JusticeDisney

• Even during the summer, the heat isn't that bad. Wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat, and drink some water. I find Disney does a great job of putting enough shading and AC in their parks.
  • Character meets and parades do nothing for me. Even as a kid I didn't like them.
  • Rain ponchos are ugly and smell terrible. All that sweat you collect caked inside that thick plastic is just disgusting. Bring umbrellas or raincoats people.
  • Magic Kingdom food is horrible (some table service is alright, but maybe only 10% of guests do that). They need to both revamp their current menus and add way more seating. I wouldn't be opposed to converting the entire Tomorrowland Speedway into one giant canteen. Related: lunching pad (the food place right under TTA) needs to go. It takes up way too much space in a super dense area. Looking at the trash left in this area is an eyesore.
  • Jungle Cruise is not worth 60 minute wait time, and desperately needs a better attraction in its space.
  • Pirates is OK, but doesn't even come close to the other MK classics like HM, small world, etc.
  • Buzz Lightyear is terrible compared to Universal's Men in Black ride. Also why is the queue so dirty?
  • Hollywood studios isn't even worth the ticket price until the new areas open. I really love the park, but right now it's just half a park. Unless you really love Star wars stuff of course.
  • Journey to Imagination is a personal favorite because it is unintentionally hilarious and never has a wait time.
  • Test track > Soarin any day. Although the new test track is inferior to the old version.
  • I have no intention of ever riding the original version of Mission Space. N/V at Epcot? Pass.
  • World showcase needs more to do. It is the weaker half of Epcot. I'm not a big shopper so I feel much of world showcase has no content other than food and the dated films.
  • Kali River Rapids is one of the worst river raft rides I've ever been on. Theming is decent but it's soooo short and you barely get splashed.
  • Dinoland USA (the fair part, not the institute) and the nemo theater stick out like a sore thumb. Animal Kingdom is so masterfully crafted and immersive, and then you have this horrible parking lot and a giant concrete theater. Bleh.
Barely get splashed on Kali River Rapids? Huh??? You get absolutely DRENCHED on that ride. I literally poured water out of my sneakers after I got off of it last time.

drizgirl

I also like Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
I don't understand the disdain towards Frozen Ever After
Well, your avatar is with Elsa and Anna. So I'm going to assume you're a fan. ;) Not everyone is.

Some were really turned off by the seemingly single minded focus on that movie by Disney for a long time.

Some actually liked Maelstrom and would have been fine with a Frozen ride if it didn't have to replace a traditional favorite.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The food court down on Sunset Boulevard (Sunset Ranch Market) has good meals, or at least, I've never had a bad one there.

Having eaten at both the NBC and CBS commissaries in NYC I'm puzzled as to why Disney allows the ABC commissary(in Orlando) to be so bloody awful, Now I've never been to the ABC commissary (in NYC) but the food at NBC/CBS was pretty damn good and the staff took pride in that

TrojanUSC

Having eaten at both the NBC and CBS commissaries in NYC I'm puzzled as to why Disney allows the ABC commissary(in Orlando) to be so bloody awful, Now I've never been to the ABC commissary (in NYC) but the food at NBC/CBS was pretty damn good and the staff took pride in that

You can't really compare an actual working studio commissary to a theme park restaurant.

STITCHGEFAN

I like it too.. don't really get the hate for it on the board..

Personally just think it has fallen behind in this area of attractions. So many lasers it's impossible to figure which is yours. Compare it to TSM...

My unpopular opinion is that BTMRR is the most overrated ride on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom