My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Weather_Lady

This is going to be unpopular...

I don't see why someone who only visits twice a decade (by choice) would be frequenting and posting on a WDW Forum. Of course that's not saying anyone should stop, but I just don't see the maintained interest level possible to discuss the parks if you aren't going as often as you can. There's usually something new to see and discuss every 12-18 months.

If you're financially unable, that's a completely different story.

Perhaps, like me, they enjoy the planning as much as the visiting, and like to "keep up" on WDW between trips as a substitute for being there. I love WDW and we go as often as our finances and schedules allow -- which in our case is 2.5-3 years between visits, and candidly, if we went any more often, I think the place would lose some of the magic and excitement for me that long waits between visits generates -- and which visits to forums like this helps to sustain.

AshaNeOmah

we go as often as our finances and schedules allow

That's what I would expect from forum-frequenters. For us, it's an AP every 18-24 months with 4-6 visits on that pass coming in from 600 miles away.

I got the impression from Florida_is_hot that there is no desire to visit more than once every five years. I'd unpopularly argue that the magic hasn't taken hold if you're totally satisfied with two trips a decade.

newhorizons1

I will preface this by saying that one of my biggest pet peeves is people being personally unaware at the parks. So...I will try to resist the urge to let my husband put our child up on his shoulders during parades and/or fireworks.

Asriel

• Even during the summer, the heat isn't that bad. Wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat, and drink some water. I find Disney does a great job of putting enough shading and AC in their parks.
  • Character meets and parades do nothing for me. Even as a kid I didn't like them.
  • Rain ponchos are ugly and smell terrible. All that sweat you collect caked inside that thick plastic is just disgusting. Bring umbrellas or raincoats people.
  • Magic Kingdom food is horrible (some table service is alright, but maybe only 10% of guests do that). They need to both revamp their current menus and add way more seating. I wouldn't be opposed to converting the entire Tomorrowland Speedway into one giant canteen. Related: lunching pad (the food place right under TTA) needs to go. It takes up way too much space in a super dense area. Looking at the trash left in this area is an eyesore.
  • Jungle Cruise is not worth 60 minute wait time, and desperately needs a better attraction in its space.
  • Pirates is OK, but doesn't even come close to the other MK classics like HM, small world, etc.
  • Buzz Lightyear is terrible compared to Universal's Men in Black ride. Also why is the queue so dirty?
  • Hollywood studios isn't even worth the ticket price until the new areas open. I really love the park, but right now it's just half a park. Unless you really love Star wars stuff of course.
  • Journey to Imagination is a personal favorite because it is unintentionally hilarious and never has a wait time.
  • Test track > Soarin any day. Although the new test track is inferior to the old version.
  • I have no intention of ever riding the original version of Mission Space. N/V at Epcot? Pass.
  • World showcase needs more to do. It is the weaker half of Epcot. I'm not a big shopper so I feel much of world showcase has no content other than food and the dated films.
  • Kali River Rapids is one of the worst river raft rides I've ever been on. Theming is decent but it's soooo short and you barely get splashed.
  • Dinoland USA (the fair part, not the institute) and the nemo theater stick out like a sore thumb. Animal Kingdom is so masterfully crafted and immersive, and then you have this horrible parking lot and a giant concrete theater. Bleh.

Eddie90210

I loved the food at Backlot Express.
'Ohana is meh, I don't get the hype, and Lapu lapu drinks are yuck.
Opening a "land" with only 2 rides (no matter how good one of them is) is lame.
Fantasmic! Is a huge waste of time
I love that Animal Kingdom is a zoo with rides!!
Disney should do away with all upcharge events

There. I said it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom