Must Dos for "Drinking Around the World"

Dana223

Original Poster
Hi everyone! What are your must dos in the Epcot world showcase? I think there used to be a moscoto flight or the option of getting wine in multiple countries but I heard they got rid of that? So besides single drinks in the countries (or you can offer suggestions for these) what other exciting drinking offers are there that we should not miss?!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Must do #1: eat a hearty meal before beginning the quest.
Then, DO NOT start in Mexico if you're partial to tequila or margaritas. Otherwise you'll never make it out of the pyramid.
If you make it to Germany, a liter of whatever's on tap is always fun. If you survive that, have a shot of Jagermeister to wash it down with.

durangojim

Hi everyone! What are your must dos in the Epcot world showcase? I think there used to be a moscoto flight or the option of getting wine in multiple countries but I heard they got rid of that? So besides single drinks in the countries (or you can offer suggestions for these) what other exciting drinking offers are there that we should not miss?!
Grey Goose and or Grand Marnier slush in France. Do not get the super sized one, they just add a shot to the top and melts the slush too quickly. La Cava del tequila in Mexico, get a flight of tequila or a margarita, can't go wrong with either. I'm not a beer drinker so I can't really speak to UK or Canada. Also, hop outside of Epcot and walk over to the Boardwalk Inn, spend a little time at the Bellevue lounge at the hotel and enjoy a cocktail. They're quite good there.

danyoung56

My way of drinking around the world is to spend a couple of hours sipping martinis in the Rose & Crown, followed by IllumiNations and then a walk around a mostly empty World Showcase Lagoon. My version of Disney magic!

JimW

Premium Member
At Spice Road Table, they offer a clear brandy by the shot called Mahia. However, if you ask, they'll make a cocktail out of it for you. Fresh juices, muddled fruits, the whole nine yards. It's one of the best drinks in WDW, yet isn't on the menu.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Must Do #2 - drink a cup of water in between each beverage/country. Staying hydrated will help with the inevitable next day hangover if you make it all the way around. And eat some as you go along, not just one meal at the start....

@larryz, good advice to not start in Mexico. I'd never leave the pyramid with those tequila flights....

DisneyGigi

I always start in France with a Grand Marnier slushie, a supersize so I don't have to drink out of each hand. ;) Usually have a drink in Morrocco, Italy, and wherever when Food & Wine or Flower and Garden are going on. Always end in Mexico and have 2 margaritas, real margaritas on the rocks. Don't know that I have done one in each country but have easily had 11. I eat when I drink at most stops and drink water in between. I have never been near drunk, tho. Except maybe Club Villain, after Flower and Garden morning at Epcot- but I was just pixie dusted happy not obnoxious like some stories I have read. Do it responsibly, with food and water would be my suggestion.

Ali Mouse

Totally agree with Must Do #1 and #2!

Although I try to stick to beer. -1 beer, 1 water, 1 snack ...1 beer, 1 water, 1 snack...and so and so on and so on. Cheers!

I am a big fan of Schöfferhofer Grapefruit in Germany...
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 4.56.57 PM.png

Minnie1986

I'm not a huge beer person, but the grapefruit flavored beer, Schoffehofer in Germany is both delicious and refreshing on a warm day. It would also be advisable to split drinks, if possible. In terms of food, what I did was get small snacks between Mexico and Italy, we at pizza at Via Napoli and continued through to Canada. If I'm not mistaken, my friends and I split funnel cakes in America.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Grey Goose and or Grand Marnier slush in France. Do not get the super sized one, they just add a shot to the top and melts the slush too quickly. La Cava del tequila in Mexico, get a flight of tequila or a margarita, can't go wrong with either. I'm not a beer drinker so I can't really speak to UK or Canada. Also, hop outside of Epcot and walk over to the Boardwalk Inn, spend a little time at the Bellevue lounge at the hotel and enjoy a cocktail. They're quite good there.
The blood orange margarita is so good!

S 2

I heard there was a 3 wine flight in France, Italy and Germany... used to be $25 and you'd get a little passport and a stamp in each country..

Minnie1986

I heard there was a 3 wine flight in France, Italy and Germany... used to be $25 and you'd get a little passport and a stamp in each country..
I can attest to the ones in France and Italy. Not sure about Germany. Thebwine flights are very doable and quite delicious.

floridagirl57

The drinks at the stand in China (near the water, not technically in the pavilion) are great. Tipsy Ducks in Love is good and theres another one with mango and ginger but I can't remember the name. I also enjoy a frozen Kirin in Japan or sake at the sake bar inside the Japan store.

MickeyMomV

Love those Grey Goose slushes! They are a must on every trip we do!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom