Must Dos for "Drinking Around the World"

NeedMoreMickey

tried and failed at this. made it through 7 and tapped out. was on the verge of throwing up and it was only 2pm.

my advice is to stay away from sweet drinks. beer, dry wine or even straight alcohol but the sugar WILL get you.

if you really want a margarita get a smokey mezcal margarita instead of some strawberry/mango concoction or a "frozen" slushie style one full of sugar.
We started at noon but also did a little shopping in each country and stopped for TS late lunch. Finished around 7:00

crxbrett

Have any of you that have attempted Drinking Around the World tried just splitting a drink with your SO? I was thinking this may actually be extremely doable!

NiarrNDisney

The drinks at the stand in China (near the water, not technically in the pavilion) are great. Tipsy Ducks in Love is good and theres another one with mango and ginger but I can't remember the name. I also enjoy a frozen Kirin in Japan or sake at the sake bar inside the Japan store.

Joy of Tea - Mango Gingerita

The frozen Kirin is great on a hot day and I would second the sake bar. The "bar" needs to be a lounge to make it perfect...

Love a glass of Hana Awaka (Sparkling Sake) I agree with you that a small lounge would be a nice addition in Japan where you could order some sushi and other snacks and enjoy a drink in an air conditioned area. Just leave out the Karaoke

SeanWM48

Have any of you that have attempted Drinking Around the World tried just splitting a drink with your SO? I was thinking this may actually be extremely doable!
eh to be honest that doesn't really count if you're splitting everything. you're right; it'd be extremely doable but where's the fun in that

NiarrNDisney

eh to be honest that doesn't really count if you're splitting everything. you're right; it'd be extremely doable but where's the fun in that

Maybe I'm alone on this or just a lush but 11 drinks isn't that much when you pace yourself and stay away from the large sized and sweet frozen concoctions. As I said before I either do just beer, just cocktails, or just wine and when you opt for a shot in lieu of a full drink it can help so you're not filling up on mixers and whatnot. Just remember to eat and carry along water so you are keeping hydrated especially since you are walking around in the Florida heat and as others have said it seems to keep you from getting to drunk. Finally if you start around lunch and finish by the time the park closes you have given yourself about 8 to 10 hours to play with so a drink and hour is doable.

Matt_Black

Make sure you hydrate well, get plenty to eat (sop up all that alcohol), and have some Sprite or a similar beverage after every drink. Sprite does WONDERS for preventing and curing hangovers. I've tried it. It's fantastic.

crxbrett

If I was going to be at the park all day from say Noon til 11pm when they close then I would totally be able to do 10-11 drinks no prob. But we are planning on only doing our park visits in halves, so we well be at Epcot either from 9am-1pm (which WS isn't even open til 11am) or from 6p-11pm. So we will have 4-5 hour on any of the 3 nights we will be there. So it's either each of us have a drink and do 5 countries one night and another 5 the other. Or we both just split a drink and do all 10 (11) in one night. I'm opting for doing 2 nights but each of us getting a drink.

Believe me, I can drink and do know how to pace myself with the waters in-between to avoid getting plastered. But my GF doesn't have the same tolerance I do - for alcohol or for the Florida heat and humidity lol

NiarrNDisney

If I was going to be at the park all day from say Noon til 11pm when they close then I would totally be able to do 10-11 drinks no prob. But we are planning on only doing our park visits in halves, so we well be at Epcot either from 9am-1pm (which WS isn't even open til 11am) or from 6p-11pm. So we will have 4-5 hour on any of the 3 nights we will be there. So it's either each of us have a drink and do 5 countries one night and another 5 the other. Or we both just split a drink and do all 10 (11) in one night. I'm opting for doing 2 nights but each of us getting a drink.

Believe me, I can drink and do know how to pace myself with the waters in-between to avoid getting plastered. But my GF doesn't have the same tolerance I do - for alcohol or for the Florida heat and humidity lol

Well since your more of a seasoned pro I would say go ahead and share drinks with you GF but maybe get a shot or drink here and there for yourself to get a little closer to your goal.

Extra Credit - Future World, Outpost, and Showcase Plaza/Promenade ;)

Last edited:

SeanWM48

Maybe I'm alone on this or just a lush but 11 drinks isn't that much when you pace yourself and stay away from the large sized and sweet frozen concoctions. As I said before I either do just beer, just cocktails, or just wine and when you opt for a shot in lieu of a full drink it can help so you're not filling up on mixers and whatnot. Just remember to eat and carry along water so you are keeping hydrated especially since you are walking around in the Florida heat and as others have said it seems to keep you from getting to drunk. Finally if you start around lunch and finish by the time the park closes you have given yourself about 8 to 10 hours to play with so a drink and hour is doable.
no doubt. i wrote above how i blew it - sweet drinks like the tipsy ducks in love in china. it tastes great but not when you're 4 deep trying to reach 11. i reached #7 by 2pm and started at like 12 so that tells you i was being an idiot haha. luckily i had someone with me to point out that i looked like i was about to vomit so it was time to tap out. after some food and water i was fine, but gave up

overall i think pacing yourself, avoiding sweet drinks, and having good company with you can actually make this a very fun experience and you can compare/contrast different wines and beers that you'd never normally try back home.

Maxwell_Edison

I could never do the Drinking Around the World challenge. I'm a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol, and I prefer sweet drinks. I'd tap out after three countries, four tops. Maybe I'd do better mixing up eating and drinking around the world: margarita in Mexico, salmon and egg sandwich in Norway, etc.

BoardwalkGlenn

At Spice Road Table, they offer a clear brandy by the shot called Mahia. However, if you ask, they'll make a cocktail out of it for you. Fresh juices, muddled fruits, the whole nine yards. It's one of the best drinks in WDW, yet isn't on the menu.

Love the sound of this!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For all the naysayers, remember this is an experience "where everything's made up and the points don't matter"

crxbrett

I will say, one thing I like about shots or straight liquor or sweet drinks as opposed to drinking beers is the 'bladder-effect' aspect of it. I can drink about 3, 4 beers usually...and then I have to relieve myself. But the problem with beer is that it's even more water. So if you are drinking water to stay hydrated and avoid getting drunk as well as enjoying beers...phew Let's just say the bathroom breaks are going to be frequent! Hahaha

crxbrett

Well since your more of a seasoned pro I would say go ahead and share drinks with you GF but maybe get a shot or drink here and there for yourself to get a little closer to your goal.

Extra Credit - Future World, Outpost, and Showcase Plaza/Promenade ;)

This is a great idea.

Oh wow. Extra credit...:hungover:

Does the UK still have the half-yards? I remember last time I went I enjoyed 3 of those and was feeling pretty good. Even went on MS that night with no ill-effects whatsoever. :cool:

DISNEY_M@

We always start in Canada making our way around the world showcase. The margaritas from La Cava del Tequila are a perfect ending. There is also a pineapple beer at the outpost that is very refreshing especially on a hot day. We always go in October for food and wine so we eat as much as we drink. Cheers!

NiarrNDisney

This is a great idea.

Oh wow. Extra credit...:hungover:

Does the UK still have the half-yards? I remember last time I went I enjoyed 3 of those and was feeling pretty good. Even went on MS that night with no ill-effects whatsoever. :cool:

Im not sure I usually pick up a pint outside by the garden entrance or I am getting a cocktail or taking shots with my group inside so I have never had one.

freesvoice

World showcase newbie here. Do they only serve drinks inside restaurants or are there street carts of sorts? Can you walk around with your drink once purchased? Are there many options in each country?

NiarrNDisney

World showcase newbie here. Do they only serve drinks inside restaurants or are there street carts of sorts? Can you walk around with your drink once purchased? Are there many options in each country?

You can get drinks pretty much anywhere to include sit down and counter service restaurants, kiosks, bars and tasting rooms

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom