Muppets' New Show is a "documentary" exploring their adult lives

FoozieBear

But there are lot of positive reviews too. I'm also unsure about it. I think it'll grow on me, but for now I like it. All shows develop with time, so we should keep giving this one a chance. I need at least a few episodes to make a proper judgement.

Fox&Hound

I looove the muppets but while I found the first episode enjoyable I did not laugh at any of the jokes. But, I have faith it will find its footing. Great characters, great format, tons of potential...

FoozieBear

I looove the muppets but while I found the first episode enjoyable I did not laugh at any of the jokes. But, I have faith it will find its footing. Great characters, great format, tons of potential...

Really? NONE of the jokes? There were a lot of really great ones. Anyway I think things will really pick up after just a few episodes.

Fox&Hound

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that nothing elicited even a smile. The bit at the end with Tom Bergeron alone was priceless.

Haha, maybe I was tired. Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed just SEEING the Muppets on tv again. That was worth the price of admission. I just thought the jokes were a little lacking. I have no fears that the next episode will WOW.

FoozieBear

Haha, maybe I was tired. Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed just SEEING the Muppets on tv again. That was worth the price of admission. I just thought the jokes were a little lacking. I have no fears that the next episode will WOW.

I'm not exactly sure that the next episode is WOW... But it's fun. And the show is still finding it's footing.

Like I said, after a handful of episodes is where things will really pick up.

erasure fan1

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that nothing elicited even a smile. The bit at the end with Tom Bergeron alone was priceless.
Agreed. While I didn't laugh from start to finish, it had more funny parts than I had expected it to. I did laugh out loud when Scooter jumped back on the cart with Elizabeth and said "I'm back!" Very Muppets. Like others have said, it's hard to judge after just 1 show.

DABIGCHEEZ

After the first episode.. I was very worried. But I just got around to watching episode 2... and thankfully it was much much better than the first somewhat weird episode. Hopefully the show stays like this.

Phineas

Really? NONE of the jokes? There were a lot of really great ones.
AGREED. My girlfriend and I will constantly quote Miss Piggy's "I don't know what you see in your new girlfriend, and you're getting a bit of a tummy" to each other, as well as Sam's tirade on making babies.

Matt_Black

I think the bits with Fozzy have been hit or miss. The first episode was great, and I loved him quitting to become a screen writer, but the bits with Leno and this week's bits were weak. And this week's bits had Statler! They should have been much funnier (they were funny, but ill-paced).

I personally think Bunsen and Beaker stole the show on this week's episode. "Hey, if it happens outside of the office, we DON'T owe him an explanation."

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Hopefully they don't ruin it -

"All of these changes would not be surprising if The Muppets was failing to bring in an audience. But The Muppets is actually doing quite well, and it has been Tuesday night’s highest-rated new TV show. However, Disney and ABC have much higher expectations of The Muppets, and they want the show to be a bigger hit than it currently is."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom