Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

FoozieBear

Do you really trust current Disney to make a new Muppet show that will even come close to the quality of MV3D?

The problem with The Muppets right now, and I say this a lot, is that they have literally no creative direction. Disney's done a lot of great stuff with them, but they bounce from project to project with no oversight and passing hands to different directors/producers. There's no Kevin Feige, John Lasseter or Kathleen Kennedy-type person who oversees that the projects The Muppets take on will stick with the brand quality or have any consistency. That's why you get things like the spectacular 2011 movie and then to the abysmal-at-first but brilliant-before-cancelled 2015 TV show. I trust Disney with making an awesome theme park film, but first they need to figure out exactly what it is they want out of these characters before tossing them around to new people all the time.

Cmdr_Crimson

The problem with The Muppets right now, and I say this a lot, is that they have literally no creative direction. Disney's done a lot of great stuff with them, but they bounce from project to project with no oversight and passing hands to different directors/producers. There's no Kevin Feige, John Lasseter or Kathleen Kennedy-type person who oversees that the projects The Muppets take on will stick with the brand quality or have any consistency. That's why you get things like the spectacular 2011 movie and then to the abysmal-at-first but brilliant-before-cancelled 2015 TV show. I trust Disney with making an awesome theme park film, but first they need to figure out exactly what it is they want out of these characters before tossing them around to new people all the time.

Funny thing is they like to do the "We're getting the X Back together" Thing with Henson Creatures....
v1.bTsxMTIwNTAzNDtqOzE3NDU0OzEyMDA7MjI1MDszMDAw
v1.bTsxMTE1OTIxNDtqOzE3NDU0OzEyMDA7OTY5OzE0NDA

Just throw in a that there on a mission from god and boom..
v1.bTsxMTE3MTk0NTtqOzE3NDU0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Next Big Thing

They should hire Jason Segel as a creative consultant for The Muppet ventures.

He wrote and starred in the 2011 film and is a huge Muppet geek.

FoozieBear

They should hire Jason Segel as a creative consultant for The Muppet ventures.

He wrote and starred in the 2011 film and is a huge Muppet geek.

I wish. Segel did such a great job and I was hoping he would stick around longer to helm the franchise, but I think he thought that he brought the franchise back into the public eye, and that if he sticks around too long they wouldn't be able to survive without him. I think the rest of the team, James Bobin and Nick Stroller, are also really great, delivering an awesome Muppet comedy caper just two years later, but as much as I love it, I don't think it was the movie The Muppets needed after 2011, and don't think the world was ready for that kind of movie yet. With creative leadership, they could have put a better focus on what direction they would head in, which would have come especially handy before making that TV series.

rocketraccoon

Alrighty, here we go. Totally forgot to bring my spare memory card and I sorta filled most of the one I had up with Kilimanjaro Safari photos. Sorry phone users!

J3wdMSp.jpg

qsLEI8w.png

kZJTmaF.jpg

bSHgjss.jpg

wHOzhiv.jpg

uJXoDgp.jpg

Some notes:

- The points for the neon sign on the Coke building are gone, but the regular sign remains.
- The window trims on the Chevrolet building are being painted white. Odd!
- The fire escape is turning blue.
- The transition tunnel thing is slowly coming together.
- Walls are starting to come back up at the old Writer's Shop
- The top DVC part of this is still on the middle building, but sadly nothing below that:
lkb-StreetsofAmerica-DVCWindow.jpg

- The more I look at the new Muppet*Vision 3D sign, the more it grows on me.
- The brick wall that used to separate Muppets Courtyard from Streets of America is now completely gone. It was half demolished for months.
- The construction walls do NOT block the noise of metal being cut. It hurt. A lot.

Have a giraffe being very graceful:
cDbAYna.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Alrighty, here we go. Totally forgot to bring my spare memory card and I sorta filled most of the one I had up with Kilimanjaro Safari photos. Sorry phone users!

J3wdMSp.jpg

qsLEI8w.png

kZJTmaF.jpg

bSHgjss.jpg

wHOzhiv.jpg

uJXoDgp.jpg

Some notes:

- The points for the neon sign on the Coke building are gone, but the regular sign remains.
- The window trims on the Chevrolet building are being painted white. Odd!
- The fire escape is turning blue.
- The transition tunnel thing is slowly coming together.
- Walls are starting to come back up at the old Writer's Shop
- The top DVC part of this is still on the middle building, but sadly nothing below that:
lkb-StreetsofAmerica-DVCWindow.jpg

- The more I look at the new Muppet*Vision 3D sign, the more it grows on me.
- The brick wall that used to separate Muppets Courtyard from Streets of America is now completely gone. It was half demolished for months.
- The construction walls do NOT block the noise of metal being cut. It hurt. A lot.

Have a giraffe being very graceful:
cDbAYna.jpg
Great pics. Many thanks.

dhslxop

Just a thought; there is a Walt Disney Grand Theater in Disneytown at the Shanghai Disney Resort, which currently houses the Lion King show. Maybe the parks division is just trying to theme the buildings separately from the shows that are in them.

But wouldn't it make more sense to call this the Muppet Theater to align with with the IP and have it host the show Muppet•Vision 3D?

The concept of the buildings being separate from the show isn't new - Festival of the Lion King is in the Harambe Theater, Flights of Wonder is on the Caravan Stage, Finding Nemo is in the Theater in the Wild, Beauty and the Beast is in the Theater of the Stars, Fantasmic is in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater, etc. I'm not necessarily saying it's the right choice for the case of the muppets, but it has been done before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom