MSEP Returns

BrianLo

From the princess infusion under Eisner, Pixar overtaking everything and now the massive push to Star Wars the overall gestault of Disneyland has constantly changed. Every generation has complained and then subsequently deemed them beloved.

The biggest differentiator is execution. I have no time for things done poorly, or on the cheap. If they spend the time and money to do it right, count me in.

BrianLo

I really don't get the fascination with Ariel. She's not a role model for girls. She's scantily clad, disobeys her father, makes a deal with a villain for selfish purposes, falls in love with some guy she's never even met and marries him two days later, even though she's underage.

hipsterariel.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

The biggest differentiator is execution. I have no time for things done poorly, or on the cheap. If they spend the time and money to do it right, count me in.

For me what takes it over the top is when the infusion of a popular IP in the parks starts to feel overly commercial. The Pirates franchise was one that definitely crossed that line for me. I haven't been to DLR since all the SW stuff has been added, but I can easily see how SoTF gives the impression of being one gigantic advertisement for the SW franchise. The magic is lost anytime I feel like I'm being sold to at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom