MSEP Returns

Nland316

If we must have Marvel or Star Wars in a parade, I'd much rather have it in PTN. It'd fit much better with that parade's IP lineup and technological capabilities. Those properties would be horrendous and completely out of place in the MSEP. More so if it is only for a "limited engagement".

TP2000

Mermaid has two rides in DCA, a restaraunt, appearances in every night offering from PTN, Fantasmic, fireworks and various iterations of WoC. It appears in the stage show, Storybook land canal boats and Small world. I think Soundsational too?

Yup, Mermaid has a big float and a dozen performers in Soundsational.

I couldn't think of what the "two rides" were in DCA. Obviously there's The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure, the big Omnimover dark ride. But after staring at the ceiling for a couple minutes I remembered there is King Triton's Carousel Of The Sea, an opening day DCA attraction from 2001.

4775883583_ba719b1e83_b.jpg

Funny how no one seems to care about Little Mermaid being used way too much in both parks; in four different rides, stage shows, multiple parades and nightly entertainment, dining, and merchandise.

brb1006

Yup, Mermaid has a big float and a dozen performers in Soundsational.

I couldn't think of what the "two rides" were in DCA. Obviously there's The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure, the big Omnimover dark ride. But after staring at the ceiling for a couple minutes I remembered there is King Triton's Carousel Of The Sea, an opening day DCA attraction from 2001.

4775883583_ba719b1e83_b.jpg

Funny how no one seems to care about Little Mermaid being used way too much in both parks; in four different rides, stage shows, multiple parades and nightly entertainment, dining, and merchandise.

To be fare it did kick of the Disney Rennisance

MoonRakerSCM

It's going to be difficult for Disney to have the electrical parade again... I can't imagine they've gotten back all the bulbs they sold back when it was "glowing away forever"... right?

Phroobar

I really don't get the fascination with Ariel. She's not a role model for girls. She's scantily clad, disobeys her father, makes a deal with a villain for selfish purposes, falls in love with some guy she's never even met and marries him two days later, even though she's underage.
It's her sea shells she sells by the sea shore.

D

Deleted member 107043

Cuz I don't want the whole park to be all Starvel Wars. Same as I wouldn't want Peter Pan and Snow White to be everywhere. Everything in moderation is nice.

Oh. I thought you were saying that SW and Marvel should be kept separate from other franchises in the park.

D

Deleted member 107043

I care and I've been complaining for years about the over abundance of all the princesses at the magic kingdom parks.

mickEblu

I care and I've been complaining for years about the over abundance of all the princesses at the magic kingdom parks.

To be honest I never really noticed the over abundance of princesses in the parks. In addition to me being sort of numb to them as they have been a huge part of the Disney fabric through out the years, I don't do meet and greets, rarely ever watch shows/ fireworks/ parades and spend most of my time on the west side of the park, aside from Space Mountain, Matterhorn and the occasional FL dark ride or two.

Edit: forgot about the Plaza Inn. I Spend a lot of time on that fried chicken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

To be honest I never really noticed the over abundance of princesses in the parks. In addition to me being sort of numb to them as they have been a huge part of the Disney fabric through out the years,

The exploitation of Disney princesses as a brand in Disney Parks has been a relatively recent development. Growing up in the 70s and 80s it was rare to see anything princess related beyond a character or two roaming the park or in a parade, and on merchandise of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

Wait...what?

That said, I'm OK with Ariel since she's clearly the best princess. You can never get enough Ariel.

Haha yea, it's just not where I spend my time or what I'm paying attention to. I'm sure on some subconscious level I realize that they re all over the place. I definitely realize it, when it comes to merch, as I do like to shop at the parks but rarely find something I'm that interested in.

I'm sure if I had a daughter who was super into princesses, it would be different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom