Mr toad, leaving? Or staying?

mickEblu

Anything involving the Toad space would be very far down the pipeline at this point, and I'd be shocked if it ever happened at all. That show building is TINY.

I am not all knowing by any means, but I'd be shocked if we heard about Toad at this expo or frankly, any other for a very long time.

The tiny size of the show building is the only reason why Toad (and Probably Tiki room too) has survived this long (fortunately).

GiveMeTheMusic

So @GiveMeTheMusic are there any mild surprises that we should be expecting from D23 this year?

Honestly, I don't know. Every day I hear a different slate of announcements, so I'm not comfortable making any predictions.

In 2015 the announcement list changed just hours beforehand. The DCA Marvel expansion was going to be announced then - until it wasn't.

What this should demonstrate to you is that these people have no idea what they're doing or how to plan, but that should be more than evident to anyone who's been watching WDPR for as long as we all have.

mickEblu

Honestly, I don't know. Every day I hear a different slate of announcements, so I'm not comfortable making any predictions.

In 2015 the announcement list changed just hours beforehand. The DCA Marvel expansion was going to be announced then - until it wasn't.

What this should demonstrate to you is that these people have no idea what they're doing or how to plan, but that should be more than evident to anyone who's been watching WDPR for as long as we all have.

Ya this has been pretty clear for a while.

So what if I rephrase the question. Have you heard anything outside of the Marvel announcement and all the additional stuff we ll hear for Star Wars? I.e. were the Mickey Ride for DCA or Fantasyland expansion part of any of the possible announcements?

Do we finally get names for Big Bird and Alcatraz?

Will we find out if Marvel Land will have another attraction in addition to the Avengers Coaster?

Bacon

Original Poster
Anything involving the Toad space would be very far down the pipeline at this point, and I'd be shocked if it ever happened at all. That show building is TINY.

I am not all knowing by any means, but I'd be shocked if we heard about Toad at this expo or frankly, any other for a very long time.
Is it a packaged deal with Alice Included if they ever desired to demolish?

Bacon

Original Poster

Ok so is Marvel Expansion on the slate as of now for this year? If so replacing The pictures backlot? the parking lot behind MB? both?

GiveMeTheMusic

Ya this has been pretty clear for a while.

So what if I rephrase the question. Have you heard anything outside of the Marvel announcement and all the additional stuff we ll hear for Star Wars? I.e. were the Mickey Ride for DCA or Fantasyland expansion part of any of the possible announcements?

Do we finally get names for Big Bird and Alcatraz?

Will we find out if Marvel Land will have another attraction in addition to the Avengers Coaster?

I expect the Marvel expansion to be announced. Beyond that I doubt we'll hear much more about DLR.

We should get *full* details on SWL and its rides. The model that will sit in the WDI pavilion is insane - huge, gorgeous, detailed. It will be covered in fanboi slobber after 3 days on display.

Curious Constance

They really need to put you in charge.

Curious Constance

I expect the Marvel expansion to be announced. Beyond that I doubt we'll hear much more about DLR.

We should get *full* details on SWL and its rides. The model that will sit in the WDI pavilion is insane - huge, gorgeous, detailed. It will be covered in fanboi slobber after 3 days on display.
Have you heard what Bob will be wearing yet? Any chance it'll be leather?

Ismael Flores

I would think that if they did anything with toad it would just be a retheme to try and maintain the integrity of the ride system and avoid loosing and grandfathered ADA exemption.

D

Deleted member 107043

Did the article say anything about a Tron coaster coming to TL? Now that it appears to be confirmed to replace the TL Speedway in the MK I wonder if the same will happen to Autopia.

Phroobar

Did the article say anything about a Tron coaster coming to TL? Now that it appears to be confirmed to replace the TL Speedway in the MK I wonder if the same will happen to Autopia.
Old news. Jim Hill confirmed that back in March. However nothing has been said for it coming to Disneyland.

GiveMeTheMusic

Old news. Jim Hill confirmed that back in March. However nothing has been said for it coming to Disneyland.

Tron for MK is not a done deal, but it is a possibility and could get greenlit this week for a D23 announcement. If Hill "confirmed" it in March, then he was guessing because he might have heard it was one of the options on the table. Since it isn't even decided on at this very second, how could it have been set in stone in March?

Some people who trade in Disney rumors guess a LOT. I at least let you know when I'm guessing, which is the difference between me and someone like Jim who has a content farm and podcasts to keep going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom