Mr toad, leaving? Or staying?

Ismael Flores

Is there really any room for anything if they removed Toad? The show building is shared with Alice in wonderland.
I just don't see why they would remove it and for what. I don't think they need another meet and greet since they already have a dedicated Princess meet and greet area.

mikenatcity1

It was a nice chat article but no one was sure or not so I asked a insider

I just read that article...wow...according to that, there will be so many casualties to the various refreshes...while some maybe, it's hard to believe all of those. I sure hope Disney learned from their last removal of Toad...I would be devasted with the loss of Toad...

BasiltheBatLord

For anybody curious about the source on this (as I was), this rumor is from an MC article in March in which it was reported that a "Disneyland insider" was claiming that the next big project in DL after SWL will be a "high-tech overhaul" of Fantasyland "to bring it into the 21st century" and that "Mr. Toad has missed the chopping block a lot of times; this time, it might not".

Sped2424

For anybody curious about the source on this (as I was), this rumor is from an MC article in March in which it was reported that a "Disneyland insider" was claiming that the next big project in DL after SWL will be a "high-tech overhaul" of Fantasyland "to bring it into the 21st century" and that "Mr. Toad has missed the chopping block a lot of times; this time, it might not".
Wasn't FL supposed to receive that update for the 60th but then it got sidelined?

BasiltheBatLord

If I recall someone mentioned the mickey ride possibly being cloned there? I may be hallucinating but I swear that was something said by an insider.
Is the show building big enough for that? I mean they could always downsize it of course, compared to FL, but GMR's building is massive if I remember right.

I guess it's also possible that the Mickey ride will not be using all of GMR's current space (as was done with Journey into Imagination)

Sped2424

Is the show building big enough for that? I mean they could always downsize it of course, compared to FL, but GMR's building is massive if I remember right.

I guess it's also possible that the Mickey ride will not be using all of GMR's current space (as was done with Journey into Imagination)
I truly don't know and I am probably super wrong but I vaguely remember someone insinuating that as a possible place.

mikenatcity1

While I know they want to keep changing the park, I can't see the leaders destroy a few of the 1955 originals left (this article mentioned this and Autopia). The article also shows launch bay, the old people mover track, moving the Astro Orbiter, the entire Bugs Land and I think a couple other things...I guess only time will tell...

Bacon

Original Poster
So my guess is if anything d23 expo 2019?

CHOX

While I know they want to keep changing the park, I can't see the leaders destroy a few of the 1955 originals left (this article mentioned this and Autopia). The article also shows launch bay, the old people mover track, moving the Astro Orbiter, the entire Bugs Land and I think a couple other things...I guess only time will tell...

Bringing the People Mover back and especially moving the Astro orbiter back to its home automatically makes me discredit the story.

I mean, that's what we all want. Forgive me for being cynical, but if it involves those two projects have a hard time believing it.

Ismael Flores

If I recall someone mentioned the mickey ride possibly being cloned there? I may be hallucinating but I swear that was something said by an insider.
If that is true then
1) it would be a very watered down clone since the GMR building that is supposedly going to be used is huge compared to the small footprint of the toad building.

2) they don't plan on using all the ride building in Florida and instead they will be gutting out a huge ride there and replacing it with something short that doesn't use the whole structure

Also once the guy out toad then that area is not anymore grandfathered Into older codes. That means that anything that goes there will have to be ADA compatible. So bigger ride vehicles and Wider evacuation routes. I just don't see much room for anything significant.
Right now the toad ride seems to work well with the tight curves. Small vehicles and tight sets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom