Mr toad, leaving? Or staying?

CHOX

I don't care about MK, or any of the other Disney parks around the world for that much. Our Tomorrowland needs some serious attention.

Understatement of the year. It really sounds like the Magic Kingdom's TL is going to be overhauled (which also sounds 100% needed). At least they still have the People Mover!

Curious Constance

Tron for MK is not a done deal, but it is a possibility and could get greenlit this week for a D23 announcement. If Hill "confirmed" it in March, then he was guessing because he might have heard it was one of the options on the table. Since it isn't even decided on at this very second, how could it have been set in stone in March?

Some people who trade in Disney rumors guess a LOT. I at least let you know when I'm guessing, which is the difference between me and someone like Jim who has a content farm and podcasts to keep going.

It blows my mind this sort of thing isn't set in stone months ahead. They don't know what all will be announced at D23 IN FOUR DAYS!? They're not even sure if it's being built yet?! Dude, they need to get with the program! I just did my budget for the remainder of 2017 yesterday, get with it Disney!

GiveMeTheMusic

It blows my mind this sort of thing isn't set in stone months ahead. They don't know what all will be announced at D23 IN FOUR DAYS!? They're not even sure if it's being built yet?! Dude, they need to get with the program! I just did my budget for the remainder of 2017 yesterday, get with it Disney!

They're scrambling because everything leaks out early, so they're trying to get more stuff announced at D23 than they had previously planned.

Anyway, TRON is a fun ride, but it takes up a lot of space and is just a more intense Space Mountain with different theming. I don't think it's a good fit for DL or MK - it was built at SDL instead of building a Space Mountain. DL and MK already have Space Mountains.

I'd prefer them come up with something that's higher capacity and substantially different from the E Ticket next door for the domestic parks. But the urge to use the copy and paste button is strong.

mickEblu

They're scrambling because everything leaks out early, so they're trying to get more stuff announced at D23 than they had previously planned.

Anyway, TRON is a fun ride, but it takes up a lot of space and is just a more intense Space Mountain with different theming. I don't think it's a good fit for DL or MK - it was built at SDL instead of building a Space Mountain. DL and MK already have Space Mountains.

I'd prefer them come up with something that's higher capacity and substantially different from the E Ticket next door for the domestic parks. But the urge to use the copy and paste button is strong.

I agree that Tron isn't an ideal fit right next to a Space Mountain but Aesthtically they look very different and TL could use all the help it could get. So it really comes down to the fact that 2 coasters, both indoor at that, would be next to each other. I don't think that's really too big of deal. No different than a bunch of dark rides in the same vicinity in FL.

My one concern is that Tron could possibly make Space Mountain feel kind of dated.

mickEblu

Bingo. Space Mountain, WDW's sadsack Space Mountain in particular, will look like carny level crap compared to Tron.

Lol. It's saving grace could be that after all, it will still be a Thrilling Coaster in the dark so maybe that's timeless enough to keep it current/ relevant.

Stevek

If they are truly going to use this ride tech for a Captain America coaster, makes zero sense to put it in DL. Really makes zero sense to put it in the MK as well next to SM but who really has any clue what they will pull next.

dweezil78

I can't believe they are really putting an in-door coaster right next to another in-door coaster. They would have been better off just revamping Space Mountain to a Tron theme and adding an outdoor element to it (although that would come w/ capacity issues of course).. Are we sure they're not doing that?

Stevek

Not that my son speaks for all kids (although he is one of the two best, premium children in the world), after we got off Space Mountain he asked me why they didn't make it fun.

Daaaaayyyyyuuuuummmmmm!
My girls still love it and they've probably ridden it 100 times. But I get it, not every ride resonates with every guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom