Most Favorite.... Least Favorite Ride....

juniorthomas

Oh.... Mr. Thomas I thought you and I where on the same page.... :)

To be completely honest, I'm not even sure if what I was given was a dole whip. All I know is that I waited in line for a long while to be given something which did not entirely justify the wait. But hey, I'm a strange case. A New Englander who doesn't ski or eat lobster...

...and a DisneyParks fan who doesn't believe in the restorative power of the dole whip.

(If we're not on the same page, perhaps we can be in the same chapter? I'm likely to be a parenthetical though...)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
To be completely honest, I'm not even sure if what I was given was a dole whip. All I know is that I waited in line for a long while to be given something which did not entirely justify the wait. But hey, I'm a strange case. A New Englander who doesn't ski or eat lobster...

...and a DisneyParks fan who doesn't believe in the restorative power of the dole whip.

(If we're not on the same page, perhaps we can be in the same chapter? I'm likely to be a parenthetical though...)

I was a strawberry swirl man and now they are a thing of the past, consigned to trash heap of MK history.

Most: HM
Least: Triceratop Spin because I always seem to wind up in a situation where its one of those odd, chilly days and I'm with my daughter who will ride it 600 times in a row and, of course, there's no wait. Meanwhile, I'm dreamily wishing I could be on Dinosaur with the rest of the fam. I know that some of these things aren't the fault of Triceratop Spin, but too bad, so sad, for you little dinosaur ride. And don't even get me started on the "music" you're subjected to on that thing.

disneysince71

Original Poster
I was a strawberry swirl man and now they are a thing of the past, consigned to trash heap of MK history.

Most: HM
Least: Triceratop Spin because I always seem to wind up in a situation where its one of those odd, chilly days and I'm with my daughter who will ride it 600 times in a row and, of course, there's no wait. Meanwhile, I'm dreamily wishing I could be on Dinosaur with the rest of the fam. I know that some of these things aren't the fault of Triceratop Spin, but too bad, so sad, for you little dinosaur ride. And don't even get me started on the "music" you're subjected to on that thing.

jmorri26

I'd bet, for the most part, the Captain EO haters were born past, say, like 1989ish or just had never gotten to see it when it was meant to (like, the 90's pre creepy Michael stuff)

My husband went on it the first time about 3 years ago and looked at me after and went "What the hell did I just watch...and was that Angelica Houston?!!" but I grew up with it and LOVED it. A trip to EPCOT it was mandatory. If you were born past the super height of MJ I get seeing it as cheesy and outdated though- it is now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd bet, for the most part, the Captain EO haters were born past, say, like 1989ish or just had never gotten to see it when it was meant to (like, the 90's pre creepy Michael stuff)

My husband went on it the first time about 3 years ago and looked at me after and went "What the hell did I just watch...and was that Angelica Houston?!!" but I grew up with it and LOVED it. A trip to EPCOT it was mandatory. If you were born past the super height of MJ I get seeing it as cheesy and outdated though- it is now.
I'm old enough to remember the Jackson 5 so although I don't love Captain EO it's nice to remember the precreepy MJ. That being said my ds likes the show he was 8 on our last visit.

Stu bailey

MK- Best- The 3 mountains Worst-anything that spins aimlessly
Epcot-Best-Spaceship Earth Worst-Imagination (sad)
AK- Best-EE Worst-spinners
HS- TOT Worst-Not really a bad ride in the park. Just not enough of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom