Most Favorite.... Least Favorite Ride....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'd bet, for the most part, the Captain EO haters were born past, say, like 1989ish or just had never gotten to see it when it was meant to (like, the 90's pre creepy Michael stuff)

My husband went on it the first time about 3 years ago and looked at me after and went "What the hell did I just watch...and was that Angelica Houston?!!" but I grew up with it and LOVED it. A trip to EPCOT it was mandatory. If you were born past the super height of MJ I get seeing it as cheesy and outdated though- it is now.

True story - First time I saw Captain EO, was 86/87 or thereabouts (I believe it opened fall 86ish, but I'm old and my memory is too full of crap to always be correct). Anyhoo, I was with 4 of my buddies (we were all metalheads) who hated Michael Jackson. We saw the EO and left the theatre completely wowed (at the time, EO was really amazing), but no one would admit it. Then, one of us said, "let's watch that again" and we did a pirouette as a group and re-entered the pre-show area for a second viewing. You're right...the nostalgic value of the film is huge if you saw it first run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom