Mosquitos!! Was Pest control part of the cuts?

HRHPrincessAriel

Talk about a potential PR nightmare. If (God forbid) some guest gets the Zika virus from a WDW mosquito, and it was revealed that pest control was cut back...Iger better start packing his bags.
How the heck would that even be proven? WDW can't control mosquitos.
Are they legally bound to spray? If worried throw some extra spray on yourself. That's like me getting angry at my city for being bitten at the local park
I should star blaming WDW for my sunburns while I'm at it

Magenta Panther

Are they legally bound to spray? If worried throw some extra spray on yourself. That's like me getting angry at my city for being bitten at the local park

Maybe I should start using a sarcasm smilie when I post stuff like that...

EDIT: Fixed!

HRHPrincessAriel

Hey, you never know with some posters ;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was there the last week in April & both my sister and I got bit 3-4x by Mosquitos waiting in line to get into mansion. I have never been bit before at WDW, this is the first time I can remember and I go often.
Maybe they were upset they were in standby and couldn't get a FP to this attraction ...

DrummerAlly

In all of our trips to WDW I've never gotten a single mosquito bite, period. Kudos to WDW - this is one of the best things about vacationing there.
Seriously though, this is going to be a bad year and I really hope they do some serious spraying to get rid of as many of those suckers as possible. We are considering getting pregnant with our third and have a trip booked just after Labor Day. I think I'm going to pack a ton of crazy Deet spray and postpone our baby plans for a few months.

Goofyernmost

In all of our trips to WDW I've never gotten a single mosquito bite, period. Kudos to WDW - this is one of the best things about vacationing there.
Seriously though, this is going to be a bad year and I really hope they do some serious spraying to get rid of as many of those suckers as possible. We are considering getting pregnant with our third and have a trip booked just after Labor Day. I think I'm going to pack a ton of crazy Deet spray and postpone our baby plans for a few months.
Well, if it's after Labor day being pregnant will no longer be an issue. (tee hee)

betty rose

You should, you know they took out all of the trees!;)

CaptainAmerica

YMMV, but I was there for nine nights May 6 - May 15 and I didn't see any mosquitoes at all. The only pest control issue I encountered was the usual nuisance birds in Frontierland and the turkey vultures who hang out in the hippo enclosure at DAK.

betty rose

Palmetto bugs (actual name is the American cockroach) are a cockroach common in the southern US. They are reddish brown in color and between 1-1.5 inches long making them one of the bigger cockroaches. They also have wings and can fly, but not very well.
I had one hit me in the face, on our trip in February. I wonder what the outdoor or indoor kitchens look like the first thing in the morning.:hungover:

Brad Bishop

Welcome to Florida

Having grown up in Florida I'm quite used to the various bugs. That said, WDW was always weirdly, and pleasantly, bug free. Like if you thought about it it was always really weird how you were in a swamp but weren't seeing any bug or being bitten.

Once in a while you'd see a palmetto bug (large roach) but even that was pretty rare.

betty rose

Having grown up in Florida I'm quite used to the various bugs. That said, WDW was always weirdly, and pleasantly, bug free. Like if you thought about it it was always really weird how you were in a swamp but weren't seeing any bug or being bitten.

Once in a while you'd see a palmetto bug (large roach) but even that was pretty rare.
Do those bugs sting. I got a really bad sting from a huge bug in ToT. I had to go to first aid, as it was still stinging after 1/2 hour. They put some miracle cream on it. And all was good, after another 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom