Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Tested today 1/19/06

goof29

Word is on the street they are doing all day testing today. Not sure if that's true since I am working and can't get into MK today. I also heard that there is a possibility it will be opening sooner than later.

These are just things I have heard and are to be taken with a grain of salt.

shmmrname

I'm glad to hear some reports come back about the Laugh Floor that are positive. We witnessed a testing in NOV on our honeymoon, and it really rough. We knew it would be just a testing, and by no means finished, but I was surprised they even let guests see something so incomplete. Still it was just a test, and I'm hoping it could have been just a fluke as well. But, I would be lying if I didn't admit it made me less excited about seeing the final project.

EpcotServo

3. That queue is horrible. :(

I've been in there three times now and all I saw each time, was a detailed and well-themed waiting area. You can't judge it by two blurry pictures! Those pictures don't show...
-the well-done "door illusion" that makes it look like people disappear after entering the Monsters Inc. door.

-the locker area, complete with themed vending machines.

-the window looking out into the monster world.

-the Monsters Inc. routunda area.

-and all of the really funny details on the "What the critics are saying" board.

-Most of the doors are properly themed to the monster world, with two door handles. (one down low, one up higher.)

And that's just what I saw in the portion of the waiting area I was in! So don't judge a queue by it's cover. You have too really see it before you can be a critic!

ToTBellHop

I've been in there three times now and all I saw each time, was a detailed and well-themed waiting area. You can't judge it by two blurry pictures! Those pictures don't show...
-the well-done "door illusion" that makes it look like people disappear after entering the Monsters Inc. door.

-the locker area, complete with themed vending machines.

-the window looking out into the monster world.

-the Monsters Inc. routunda area.

-and all of the really funny details on the "What the critics are saying" board.

-Most of the doors are properly themed to the monster world, with two door handles. (one down low, one up higher.)

And that's just what I saw in the portion of the waiting area I was in! So don't judge a queue by it's cover. You have too really see it before you can be a critic!
yeah, I agree...they actually did put some time into this attraction and I'm happy to see they have been improving the animation and the jokes...it would have really stunk if this attraction failed due to a few Imagineers having a lame sense of humor. This show certainly has more charm than its neighbor across the way...

Damien666

Ok, I am glad hearing some actual positive reports so that shows they are trying to make it better! (Unlike something across the way)

Though I am very curious about the "Door Illusion" EpcotServo mentioned, that's something I would love to see since it does sound very unique!

EpcotServo

Ok, I am glad hearing some actual positive reports so that shows they are trying to make it better! (Unlike something across the way)

Though I am very curious about the "Door Illusion" EpcotServo mentioned, that's something I would love to see since it does sound very unique!
It's a clever use of mirrors, that make it look like there is nothing but empty space behind the door you are about to enter, when you are really looking at the wall! They do something similar to this in Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin at Disneyland. Classic WDI "illusioneering" at it's best!

Damien666

^ Thanks EpcotServo, that sounds very familiar. It might be like the endless hallway trick in the HM. The one where there's a floating candle in a long hallway that seems to go back very far.

aaron2525

I was at wdw from feb 9th-14th, and i was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at the show. I did not see the first material but the material i saw was funny, lots of crowd participation. You could text message jokes to "scream" and 4 audience jokes were used at the end of the show. the auditorium holds about 50 people and the show was quite long. there was an imagineer there and he asked us about 5 questions after the show, to long to short more crowd interaction less crowd interaction etc. then we did a questionaire took about 30 secs to complete. they gave us all fast passes at the end which was nice :). The room itself is large with 2 screens one for the characters the other screen was for the audience participation camera. when the crowd is involved a cast member brings a microphone over to you and a light shines on you and you are on the bigscreen while the character talks to you. the benches are blue hard plastic, there is a big laughometer in the room ..the more ya laugh the more energy they can collect etc. but really cool cant wait to see the finished product. ps they did say something about mixing up material so you would not see the same shows:)

rlbadger

Monster's Inc. Opening Date?

I'm heading to Disney on 2/28. Anyone have info on to when this is going to open to the public?

Thanks!

SGT623

Original Poster
Hey again. It's been over a month since I've seen Monsters' Inc. and while I didn't hate it, I thought it could use some tweeks but had great potential. I am happy to say that after yesterdays viewing, the experience has increased by leaps and bounds. The comedy was sharper, the deliveries were right on, and even the voices were funnier! I can only see this show getting better and more in line with a good night at the Adventures' Club.

Kungaloosh!

Shawn
ºoº

EpcotServo

Hey again. It's been over a month since I've seen Monsters' Inc. and while I didn't hate it, I thought it could use some tweeks but had great potential. I am happy to say that after yesterdays viewing, the experience has increased by leaps and bounds. The comedy was sharper, the deliveries were right on, and even the voices were funnier! I can only see this show getting better and more in line with a good night at the Adventures' Club.

Kungaloosh!

Shawn
ºoº
I agree. Like I've said in another thread, Who came in overnight and took away the quirky always-changing show with choppy animation from time and time that had mixed reactions from guests. I think they did a great job on making the show work, and I think the guests love it. I think that after so many good reviews just from right here on WDW Magic, the grumples may have to admit that people like it!
:lol:

They never will though.
:lookaroun

Snapper Bean

I saw it twice this week. Once on Sunday 3/18 and the other time on Thursday 3/22. My kids are 6 and 9 and they loved it both times. It was tighter on Sunday but that was because the people chosen from the audience led to a smoother delivery. On Thursday, a person who did not speak English was chosen and it brought the show to a dead stop. I think I like Sam and Ella's geography bit the best though Marty Wazowski was pretty tight too. All in all I think it has potential, if the right people in the audience are picked (it works better if the audience members DON'T try to be funny on their own IMO). I think it was more enjoyable than Timekeeper but frankly its been so long since I've been able to do Timekeeper that I'm not sure its a fair comparison.

In contrast, I saw Lights Motors Action today and did not find it to be very entertaining.

Snapper Bean

Matpez

I saw it twice this weekend... the 2nd time I was "That Guy" and got a promotion!

Overall I think it is done very well for being a show. I don't think I will go to it every time (I go about once or twice a month to WDW) but I will always try to bring friends and family to it.
I can not say the same for Stitch, unless they have never seen it and they really have some Stitch obsession...

napnet

CM only today...

just walked by it and they are running CM only today. there were some upset people who wanted to go on it outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom