Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yea I don't think it should be a huge thrill ride but I would hope they make it alittle better than barnstormer.

I'm hoping that you are immersed into the world of MOnster's Inc. If the ride is set to be like Barnstormer, but indoors, then I can see this being pretty ok. Add some show scenes, some AA's, and we got a nice dark ride, except you are on a coaster.
The barnstormer reference was for size only. I seriously doubt the track layout will even be remotely similar.

the-reason14

Well thats a complete waste of space! Why does it have to be a small six flags kiddie coaster to be family friendly? There probaly isn't enough room but couldn't they at least make it along the lines of BTMR?

So true. Everest is pretty much a kiddie coaster, and its kinda sad to know that its one of the more thrilling disney coasters. I can see it being a bit difficult to make this proposed Monsters inc coaster really thrilling. They'll have to have sets and hopefully AAs and such, and it seems like it would be too difficult to make it on par with Rockin coaster.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Solid info on this isnt out of the bag yet, so I wouldnt read anything into what is being posted on it's size and scale.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Solid info on this isnt out of the bag yet, so I wouldnt read anything into what is being posted on it's size and scale.
How big is the studio that it is being built in? Isen't it just a little smaller then the foot print currently being taken up by Primeval Whirl?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How big is the studio that it is being built in? Isen't it just a little smaller then the foot print currently being taken up by Primeval Whirl?

When it goes ahead it will be bigger than the soundstage, there is quite a bit of space back there with a few changes.

drew_dawg

With John Lasseter over WDI, I am sure this won't be just some dinky family coaster. It maybe not be EE or RnR but they won't build something less then awesome.

WDW Insider

Here's a little tidbit of information:

The unnamed coaster headed for the Pixar Studios section of Disney's Hollywood Studios will be a first of it's kind (well, along with its sister coaster). WDI has been working with a European manufacturer to design an inverted coaster which can fit in very small spaces and can emulate the theme we're needing. I can't give you any specifics at this time, but there's nothing like what is going to be built, and there's one inversion that's going to be absolutely fabulous!

For you coaster enthusiasts out there, this is one to be excited about. It's not a gigacoaster, or anything like that, but it's something brand new... and in my opinion, so cool.

Fun2BFree

The unnamed coaster headed for the Pixar Studios section of Disney's Hollywood Studios will be a first of it's kind (well, along with its sister coaster). WDI has been working with a European manufacturer to design an inverted coaster which can fit in very small spaces and can emulate the theme we're needing. I can't give you any specifics at this time, but there's nothing like what is going to be built, and there's one inversion that's going to be absolutely fabulous!

For you coaster enthusiasts out there, this is one to be excited about. It's not a gigacoaster, or anything like that, but it's something brand new... and in my opinion, so cool.

Taking everything with a pinch of salt, but a tight inverted hairpin coaster with a small footprint would be quite a unique alternative to the "build it bigger", "build it faster" philosophy in the world of rollercoasters.

WishIwasThere

Sounds good to me. The Crush coaster in DSP looks pretty cool and has gotten some good reviews for being a somewhat small, mostly indoor, family type of ride. This gives me hope that we will get something of similar quality for DHS.

EPCOT Explorer

Wait for the official announcement. And don`t take the size of Stage One as a guide.
Hope we are not waiting long...:D

Very interesting...And something that would work nicely in DHS.

yeti

So... barnstormer-like or not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom