Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

nace888

Wow... So, is it official that PEACH will be Monorail#12's color?? I don't think they should use Peach, cuz they do have Coral...

nace888

No...all signs seem to point to it being Maroon...NOT PEACH.

Good... PEACH is too much like CORAL... MAROON seems to be the best option in this case... Although... A nice Purple variation would be nice... But it seems right that if Purple gets retired, so should the variations...

Kamikaze

Can we stop with the colors for the colors? We get it already. The color of #12 has nothing to do with the topic at hand, either.

nace888

Sure!! I could see that Blue! And sorry for the color-capade... Maybe I will just post another thread about it. The progress of 12 and such...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Sure!! I could see that Blue! And sorry for the color-capade... Maybe I will just post another thread about it. The progress of 12 and such...

The color could be Wagon Queen Family Truckster flat green for all I care. I will be glad for Disney to be back at 12 and be give some of the others a rest. A color is a color and I fail to see the big deal revolving around it.

PS I have yet to have a monorail problem with 14 visits in the past five years.

olinecoach61

The color could be Wagon Queen Family Truckster flat green for all I care. I will be glad for Disney to be back at 12 and be give some of the others a rest. A color is a color and I fail to see the big deal revolving around it.

PS I have yet to have a monorail problem with 14 visits in the past five years.

Haha! I like it.

disney9752

Without reading the 41 pages of rants, comments, complaints, & straying into various theories, my feeling is they are doing this to take some of the stress of the trains, more frequent maintenance which they need, maybe some work on the beams. plain & simple back in the 80's when they ordered these trains they never planned on such heavy use, emh's were NOT EVEN thought of back then, when the park closed it closed, resort guest or not everyone out, the only after hours events when these trains arrived was night of joy, grad nite, & FEW mvmcp nights. these trains were not designed to be running 18 hours a day nearly 7 days a week with the crappy care they have taken care of them. it's time TDO gets of their cheap a*s & buys new trains, with the cost of tickets going up recently, & the amount of bonuses meg, iger & other seem to rake in they need to spend spend spend:brick:

nace888

A color may be a color... Lets just hope it is not Pea Soup colored, eugh..... They do need to update the trains though... They need them... Not only that, but they are going to have to keep the pilots, because that is an icon of Disney World as well.

wolf359

I agree the trains need updating, and I'm hoping the reduction in service is a stop-gap move to make the fleet last until they can get replacements.

I know the general feeling is that Disney is rich enough to do whatever they want but I wonder how long it takes to have trains built. It's possible Disney already has a plan to replace the current trains and it's just a question of how long the construction will take. I have a feeling even if Disney ordered new trains last week I doubt they'd actually be in service for a least a year, maybe more.

Kamikaze

I know the general feeling is that Disney is rich enough to do whatever they want but I wonder how long it takes to have trains built. It's possible Disney already has a plan to replace the current trains and it's just a question of how long the construction will take. I have a feeling even if Disney ordered new trains last week I doubt they'd actually be in service for a least a year, maybe more.

I know its a long thread so I'll mention it again.

Last time the trains were replaced, it took 3 years for all 12 to be delivered. So basically 3 months per train.

I agree the trains need updating, and I'm hoping the reduction in service is a stop-gap move to make the fleet last until they can get replacements.

i said the exact same thing. i seriously don't think that the head honcho would have overlooked the most important means of transportation for magic kingdom and epcot. i personally do think Disney may have a partial fleet already constructed or atleast orderd. they might of been smart when they replaced the last fleet and began investing money into a secret account so when the monorails they currently have couldn't run anymore they could replace them.

wolf359

I know its a long thread so I'll mention it again.

Last time the trains were replaced, it took 3 years for all 12 to be delivered. So basically 3 months per train.

Thanks, I did miss that. :)

Wow, three years? Then yeah, I'm even more inclined to believe this reduction is a stop-gap to make the trains last long enough to get a new fleet built and online.

Since Walt Disney World got a new head of transportation last year they've made some changes to the way transportation is operated and maintained, and it is possible that they finally have someone willing to make tough decisions for the overall improvement of the entire system. It is clear the reduction of the monorail's operating hours is going to be a big PR headache for WDW, but that's why I can't see this being just a cost cutting move, but one made looking toward the future while still keeping the system running for the present.

If the two choices are keep the trains running 20/7 and run the risk of completely killing them before new ones are ready or use those extra hours gained by shutting down early to improve the reliability I think the better choice seems pretty clear.

Honestly, if management were as concerned about penny-pinching as some believe I think they would have kept the status quo and simply run the monorails into the ground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom