MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Lucky

Note to self: Never read the boards when it's 3:40 in the morning and you're beyond exhausted. You may miss minor details such as:
"...while the Nationals take on the Mets in New York!"

For a second, I was honestly trying to wrap my head around how in the heck this was going to work out during a ballgame. :facepalm:
They wanted to do that at first, but their insurance company said they'd have to play using whiffleballs.

Lucky

The most surprising teams (in a good way) so far are probably the Brewers (25-19) in the NL and the Twins (23-18) in the AL.

The most surprising in a less good way are probably the Mets (18-24) in the NL and the Blue Jays (19-26) in the AL. That was MLB Network analyst Dan Plesac's forecast for the World Series matchup: Mets v. Blue Jays. It could still happen.

Last edited:

Lucky

I missed this one somehow on May 8: Cubs trade OF Matt Szczur to Padres for minor league pitcher Justin Hancock. I was watching the Nats-Padres tonight and wondering why Szczur was playing. I'll bet @JenniferS heard about the big trade.

Lucky

The Padres' Ryan Schimpf is hitting more homers than singles. He did the same thing last year as a rookie. Of his 84 major league hits, he has 33 homers, 5 triples, 19 doubles and 27 singles.

He's only 5'9" and has a career batting average of .199.

Lucky

Screenshot from Hunter Strickland's Wikipedia page. It'll get edited again soon I'm sure...

IMG_4611.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom