MLB 2017 Season Discussion

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Two-way Japanese star Shohei Ohtani agrees to sign with Angels
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21712038/shohei-ohtani-sign-los-angeles-angels

Thought he wanted to play in a small market? Los Angeles is nowhere close to being a small market for sports.

Two MLB teams (okay, technically the Angels are in Orange County), two NBA teams, 2 NFL teams (3, if the Raiders had decided to move south a 2nd time). And that's just the Big 3.

Yeah, it's a small market.... ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Stanton has turned down trades to both the Cardinals and Giants and wants to play for the Yankees...welp, I guess I know where he's going.

SteveBrickNJ

I look forward to seeing him play. Fastball reaching 102mph......tape-measure home runs.
Gonna be cool to see "The Babe Ruth of Japan".

spacemt354

Chili's
Even the Yankees have spending limits. If they get Stanton now it likely means no Harper or Machado next winter.
Apparently offloading Castro's contract with this deal, large contracts like A-Rod's $27 Mill, and missing out on Ohtani, they'll still be under the luxury tax with Stanton this winter, and be in the hunt for next year's free agent class as crazy as that sounds.

As a Yankee fan I'm pumped. To the rest of the MLB though...the Evil Empire is risen again

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Escalated quickly. As a Yankee fan I am excited to see Sanchez, Judge, Stanton and Bird in the new Murderers Row.

As a Miami resident, I'm excited to see Stanton out, because that means I can get even cheaper secondary-market tickets to watch sub par baseball.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom