Mission:Space update (confirmed)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sometimes the world needs to burn before something new can be had. Human history is collapse after collapse with great prosperity in between....we are currently in the latter but sooner or later will return to the former.
If that's true, they'll have to add a new floor to Spaceship Earth.

AndrewsJ

I hope this update includes making all the "manual control sticks" vibrate and shake again. That added to the believability for first-time riders.

And honestly, I think they should further emphasize the importance of leaning back, looking ahead, and keeping your eyes open. That would help a lot of guests.
I actually rode MS when the control sticks actually worked and I agree that it was a cool effect.

Seabasealpha1

Oh dear. First thing that comes to mind would be that all centrifuges will cease rotation moving forward. Hope I'm wrong there.

In other news, there really should be a way here that we could all crowdfund the adult beverage bill for @marni1971 when he's stateside. Between the videos and the sharing of knowledge Martin is consistently one of the best things about WDWMagic.

Cheers mate!
I second this. How much ya need? I think the man has earned himself more than a few pints!

Seabasealpha1

Guess it's one of those thought I'd never be able to even go to Disney. And growing up wanting to be an astronaut it seemed awesome. It's that being a kid feeling that goes with it. But I think thats alot of people who go to Disney lol.
I too was (and still am) a major fan of NASA and grew up with dreams of being an astronaut. I was super pumped about this attraction (this was before I knew ANYTHING about Horizons) and I rode it 5 times in a row back in 2004 on my first visit to Disney. I can tell you that from an Astronaut wannabe standpoint, there's nothing like that first ride! It really is a cool attraction...for what it is...and if you know nothing else at that moment about that slot's history/Horizons/the fact that it DOES need a major update etc...

I'm sorry it'll be down.

As far as the feeling like you'd never be able to go to Disney, I feel you there too...my first trip, I always thought would be my last...but, if you make it somewhat of a goal, you do find your way back...I personally don't live there like some folks on the forum do...but when I do get there, I try to make the most of it...and every time I leave I'm tense and concerned about when (or if) I'll make it back...(I know, life priority right?).

I hope you get to experience the attraction at some point, that first time is special is you're a space nerd kid at heart.

UpAllNight

This ride is always a must do for me when I go to EPCOT. Really looking forward to see what's new. Not sure why this gets so much hate but it only seems to be on here. Everyone I know really likes it (except for people with claustrophobia).

It's because there's a segment of the Disney crowd that thinks everything has to be for kids.

I'd argue, if anything they need to cater more to the thrill side than they currently do to become the best family destination that it could be. Families include people who like thrill rides.

RoysCabin

It's because there's a segment of the Disney crowd that thinks everything has to be for kids.

I'd argue, if anything they need to cater more to the thrill side than they currently do to become the best family destination that it could be. Families include people who like thrill rides.

I don't mean this insultingly, but if we're talking about this board, in particular, I don't think "Disney should aim everything at kids" enters into the discussion all that frequently.

BEARSHOUSE4

Original Poster
I don't mean this insultingly, but if we're talking about this board, in particular, I don't think "Disney should aim everything at kids" enters into the discussion all that frequently.
Give me one example of another ride where you experience real G's, like an astronaut in training. Roller coasters don't count.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom