Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

There are still components of the buildings that were hidden. Most of the Horizons show building was obscured. Personally, I'll take the Mission: SPACE facade over anything that has ever been in Future World East. Just my opinion, but I've always felt that the Future World East buildings have been ugly.
17496072_399568150414191_1896197749_n.jpg

Get out.

There are still components of the buildings that were hidden. Most of the Horizons show building was obscured. Personally, I'll take the Mission: SPACE facade over anything that has ever been in Future World East. Just my opinion, but I've always felt that the Future World East buildings have been ugly.

I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but I think all of the original Future World buildings in their original incarnations were beautiful. The Mission:SPACE facade is very nice, but it lacks the depth of the Horizons building.

Also, the Test Track entrance is just flat-out hideous compared to the World of Motion entrance. (Sorry, I know you didn't mention that, but it really bugs me. :)

articos

I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but I think all of the original Future World buildings in their original incarnations were beautiful. The Mission:SPACE facade is very nice, but it lacks the depth of the Horizons building.

Also, the Test Track entrance is just flat-out hideous compared to the World of Motion entrance. (Sorry, I know you didn't mention that, but it really bugs me. :)
Hiding behind the track and all the garbage in front, the WoM building is a statement in architecture.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was more about seeing a piece of good architecture from any angle. The designers of the original park were proud the pavilions looked good from any angle. Even the back. Such was the scale and depth of EPCOT Center.

Horizons and Energy BTW were designed to look great from the back and the sides. They would have been clearly visible from these angles from the LBV monorail.

Wow. Your first paragraph, in particular, was amazing. Never had a clue about the effort put into the (entirety) of the exterior design. Indeed, I always thought the buildings looked great (ever since my first visit in 1985). Yet, as usual, you've shared additional information that has given me a deeper appreciation for these buildings. Thank you, Marni.

Father Robinson

Sorry, I did some searching through these pages but can't see any posts corroborating the title of the thread, particularly the word (confirmed). Please don't shoot me down, I admit I didn't read all 13 pages, but has an update in fact been announced? And if so, by whom?

janoimagine

If they had actually built the entire pavilion, then there would be no reason for a gut and redo... original pavilion concept, the centrifuge was only the conveyance to arrive at the Space pavilion...there would be other attractions and things to explore in the pavilion itself...like The Living Seas... Unfortunately it was dumbed down into the ride with a bounce house and gift shop...
If Soto had gotten his way it would have been pretty epic.

Goob

The first and only time I rode Mission:Space I very nearly had a severe panic attack. Not because of the Orange, more intense side I chose, but the absolute claustrophobia I suffer from. As soon as I got in the capsule and they lowered the harness over me, I knew I was in for it. The door was shut and so began my freak out. I hardly remember anything from the ride. It was such an intense experience, that I will never ride it again. And I will ride ANYTHING. I just can't handle the claustrophobic aspect.

Patcheslee

That's pretty much how I feel (in retrospect) about having never experienced Horizons though obviously that's not coming back.
Guess it's one of those thought I'd never be able to even go to Disney. And growing up wanting to be an astronaut it seemed awesome. It's that being a kid feeling that goes with it. But I think thats alot of people who go to Disney lol.

RoysCabin

This is all taking me back to one of my last trips down there; my girlfriend and I had perfectly normal breakfasts and wound up on Mission: Space before lunch time...and the feeling we got afterward nearly ruined the rest of the day, just threw both of us off somehow. It was weird, too; before that trip I had never had that type of trouble with the ride, even just the previous year.

I do sincerely hope they do something to plus the overall show of the pavilion, though; updating the ride itself is a much needed and overdue idea, but there's just so little to the rest of the pavilion that it hardly feels worth visiting most of the time.

Daveeeeed

Sorry, I did some searching through these pages but can't see any posts corroborating the title of the thread, particularly the word (confirmed). Please don't shoot me down, I admit I didn't read all 13 pages, but has an update in fact been announced? And if so, by whom?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ing-for-lengthy-refurbishment-this-summer.htm

Disney has not confirmed what will be a part of it, but @marni1971 and others have said new missions, and major improvements etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom