Meanwhile at USH this weekend...

Phroobar

Is that really a thing with some LA people??? What--did Fred Meyer start taking over Vons?
4e94e1cf1c5cebf7be10ccef9c0b435e.jpg

Yes. Yes, they did.

Californian Elitist

Is that really a thing with some LA people????

Angelenos really don't care about other cities. Vice versa, some people in Northern California just love to express their hatred towards us. San Diegoans as well. I went to school with someone, a dear friend of mine, who was from San Diego, and she made it a point to talk about how much she hated Los Angeles whenever she could.

The Portland thing is not true.

shortstop

Angelenos really don't care about other cities. Vice versa, some people in Northern California just love to express their hatred towards us. San Diegoans as well. I went to school with someone, a dear friend of mine, who was from San Diego, and she made it a point to talk about how much she hated Los Angeles whenever she could.

The Portland thing is not true.
My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. I'm well aware LA people generally don't care about other cities! But I did see remember seeing this article, which I guess I didn't remember was in response to Voodoo at USH.

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/05/stop_griping_about_voodoo_doug.html

D

Deleted member 107043

As a person who never heard of Margaritaville (I live in New Jersey) what is the show about and why is it huge in Florida?

It's not a show. It's a cheesy chain restaurant inspired by Jimmy Buffet featuring Caribbean fare.

shortstop

LOL yes, yes, and yes!
Isn't Powell's amazing?
I have a family of readers, and we love to go there and just spend hours looking around.
Same here! My one complaint is that I wish there were more books about WDW or Disneyland outside of the standard travel guides... lol but despite that, one of my favorite places in the city.

Californian Elitist

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. I'm well aware LA people generally don't care about other cities! But I did see remember seeing this article, which I guess I didn't remember was in response to Voodoo at USH.

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/05/stop_griping_about_voodoo_doug.html

Don't take it the wrong way. When I say "we don't care," I mean we don't worry/care about people from other states and cities moving here, setting up shop, speaking ill of the city, etc. We accept everyone. I don't mean we don't care for the well-beings of our fellow Americans. Of course not. That's ridiculous and cold.

I'm guessing others here took it the wrong way.

shortstop

Don't take it the wrong way. When I say "we don't care," I mean we don't worry/care about people from other states and cities moving here, setting up shop, speaking ill of the city, etc. We accept everyone. I don't mean we don't care for the well-beings of our fellow Americans. Of course not. That's ridiculous and cold.

I'm guessing others here took it the wrong way.
Don't worry, I know what you mean! I've got some LA in my blood and now go to school there, so I know you guys aren't ruthless savages or anything like that. In fact, I respect the care-free mindset people have. Much better than pretentiously looking down upon people from other places, that's for sure. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom