Meanwhile at USH this weekend...

TP2000

Uh, c'mon... they also announced there will be a Margaritaville coming to City Walk. You can't just dismiss big news like that.

Oh Gawd. There'll be a Margaritaville in City Walk? I had to spend the early-to-mid 1990's living in the South, and I can't tell you how much I grew to dislike Jimmy Buffet and his boring, cookie-cutter fans.

Seriously, Margaritaville? That's still a thing in the 2010's? In Southern California? I had no idea there were enough boring white people left to keep that sort of thing going. (And I get to say that since I'm a boring older white guy. Well, I'm not boring enough to go to a Margaritaville restaurant, but you get the idea. Look at my avatar.)

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

So Variety has a story on new soundstages at Universal and also talks about expansion at USH. Perhaps Universal pulled a Disney yesterday and announced and announcement before they were ready to announce.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/un...d-soundstage-theme-park-expansion-1201795566/

USH's growth plan for the next 10 years is aggressive, to say the least. Lots of great stuff on the way for a park that was barely an afterthought just 10 years ago.

Californian Elitist

So Variety has a story on new soundstages at Universal and also talks about expansion at USH. Perhaps Universal pulled a Disney yesterday and announced and announcement before they were ready to announce.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/un...d-soundstage-theme-park-expansion-1201795566/

Now this sounds more like it.

Excited to hear Universal is planning to build more soundstages, though I'm still upset about them removing Soundstage 28. Looking forward to more attractions, hopefully not screen-based.

Rich T

Now this sounds more like it.

Excited to hear Universal is planning to build more soundstages, though I'm still upset about them removing Soundstage 28. Looking forward to more attractions, hopefully not screen-based.
I'm betting screens, screens, screens. But, y'know, considering what Universal is... It kinda fits the park's theme to have everything bursting at you from screens. Of all the theme parks in the world, USH actually has a legit, history-based reason to proudly point to screens as their main shtick.

dweezil78

Original Poster
I'm betting screens, screens, screens. But, y'know, considering what Universal is... It kinda fits the park's theme to have everything bursting at you from screens. Of all the theme parks in the world, USH actually has a legit, history-based reason to proudly point to screens as their main shtick.

Disney started as a studio first too, ya know. :) But yes, USH is a studio first and foremost. Still doesn't give it a free ticket to have one-note attractions!

Californian Elitist

I disagree. Rides with sets should be in the mix, too.

I think Universal has a better excuse to have rides based on films, however.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh Gawd. There'll be a Margaritaville in City Walk? I had to spend the early-to-mid 1990's living in the South, and I can't tell you how much I grew to dislike Jimmy Buffet and his boring, cookie-cutter fans.

Seriously, Margaritaville? That's still a thing in the 2010's? In Southern California? I had no idea there were enough boring white people left to keep that sort of thing going. (And I get to say that since I'm a boring older white guy. Well, I'm not boring enough to go to a Margaritaville restaurant, but you get the idea. Look at my avatar.)

I'm with you 100%. Citywalk is a tacky mess and this new addition is perfectly aligned with what's already there IMO.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm with you 100%. Citywalk is a tacky mess and this new addition is perfectly aligned with what's already there IMO.

While I certainly won't be patronizing it, Margaritaville has been successful for years at CityWalk Orlando. I'm guessing that like many vendors make deals with Disney for both DTDs, that's the case here.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

I am but then i make up for it by not being a prick.

Rufus T Firefly

On the plus side, they are also opening a Voodoo Donuts.

yookeroo

Parrotheads even make Deadheads look interesting.

FerretAfros

Is that really a thing with some LA people??? What--did Fred Meyer start taking over Vons?
1077520.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom