Master of the Parks: Challenge 2 - Lost Imagination.

Matt7187

THE NEW AND IMPROVED IMAGINATION:

To replace Captain EO, there would be a reimagined version of it. There would be added scenes at the beginning, which in the 1st new scene it would be of Captain EO given the duty from his planets leader to negotiate with the planet that he goes to to make them happy and stuff. Then there is a scene where in the plane thing he flys gets into a "dogfight" with another plane from another planet with the new effect of moving seats. Then the rest of the show would be generally be the same but with updated effects and such. The new captain EO would be either Bruno Mars or Usher, the supreme master lady would be Adele, and the leader from captain EO's planet would be tommy lee jones.

The rest will come later!!

Matt7187

THE NEW AND IMPROVED IMAGINATION:

For the 1st floor of imageworks, there would be just a general refurb of the exhibits and some new ones would be added. I have made up two new exhibits. The first one would be called:
CREATE A FIGMENT
This brand new exhibit would be a sure cash cow for Disney. What you do is get on a touch screen computer where you customize your very own figment! You can pick his color and such using your "imagination"! But the big draw to it is you are creating a stuffed animal! Once you create him, you will get a receipt printed from the computer that you take to the counter where they will put in your order. But because it would take a while to make it, they would ship it to your house. Another neat thing about it is that it would be like the webkinz program. If you are not familiar with the program, you buy stuffed animals that have codes on them, you put the code in online and then you can play games and stuff as your animal. The next thing for imageworks will be in another post soon!
For floor #2 of imageworks, there will be added exhibits, but the main draw will be:
YOUR IMAGINATION AND WHAT IT CAN DO
This experience is very similar to Sum of all thrills in innoventions. After you go through a normal line, you get to a preshow where you watch a screen explaining how we will go into your imagination and design your out of this world ride on a touch screen! An examle of a ride experience is… you are on a roller coaster, it derails, it falls into a poral to the Dino age, you are chased by the dinosaur, you get in a portal back to earth. There are certain options you can choose for how the ride will go. It would be put on a card like sum of all thrills and you could use it again without having to design another ride. The simulator would be like sum of all thrill's simulator!
The main ride of the pavillion will come later today or tomorrow!
OPERATION: IMAGINATION

Facade: same

Queue: you enter the doors to the imagination university which is where the ride takes place. Once you enter, you walk through halls of the university, and enter some rooms (examples are Mr. Tom Morrow's room about the future where you find an AA alien interacting with the guests and Mr. Yensid Tlaw's room of performing arts where there are clips of Disney movies playing) by the way, yensid tlaw is Walt Disney backwards! And eventually, you enter Professor Dreamfinder's room of general imagination. This is where the preshow is. In the room, there is an AA Dreamfinder and Figment tell you the story of the ride. It is that you are about to take the finals at the Imagination University! He states the horrible imaginations of the general person, but we may be the next great employee at the imagination institute. Then Figment causes some mayhem that turns the lights out and you hear Dreamfinder say that he will se you again before the test. Then you exit, and are right at the loading dock.

Ride technology: the same as before, but there are touch screens in the vehicles and there is only a car of four in each set so the ride is more imaginative!

The ride experience will come later, off to Walmart!
OPERATION: IMAGINATION

Ride Experience: you enter the 1st scene where there are AA Dreamfinder and Figment telling how to use the touch screens and telling you good luck. Then you enter your 1st test question: There is a party going on that is really boring. Then on the touch screen, there are two options for you to touch to make the party fun. You can pick to have a disco ball and dj come out and make the party hopping, or you can choose for a pizza delivery man to come. Depending on which one you choose, the ride experience will be different. If you choose pizza, you will hear a knocking on the door and figment saying pizza delivery, and if you choose disco, a disco ball will fall from the roof and figment will pop up dressed like a dj behind a turn table. Each one is an answer to the question, and no matter which one you choose, it will be the right answer. Now on to the next room/question:there is a boy in the mall shopping with his mom and he is really bored in a woman's clothes store. The options are starting a flash mob or having a mall cop chase occur in the store you are in. If you choose flash mob, figment and others would show up and start to dance different dances. If you choose mall cop, figment is the mall cop who is on a Segway chasing a burglar around the store. Now on to the next scene: there is a young girl who is at the dinner table who is forced to eat her broccoli. The options are have a bird (figment) crash through the window and grab it, or have the broccoli explode! Those two options are self explanatory. Then, while you are supposed to go to the last question, on your touch screen, you see an alert that the infamous Dream Stealer has arrived at the university and is about to steal the Dream Generator, which stores all of the worlds imagination! You make a few turns into the boiler room where the Dream Stealer is, and then come face to face with this 10 foot tall dragon beast. The dream stealer would be similar to the yeti. Then you are given two options on how to defeat the Dream Stealer: shoot him with pie, or curse it with a curse that makes him good. If you choose the 1st, then a TSMM like shooting thing pops up in front of you and you shoot him while effects make it look like he is being hit with pie. The 2nd shows figment with a wand in sorcerer Mickey clothes cursing it. Then in the next scene, you see Dreamfinder and Figment AA's and the other professors clapping for you because you beat the dream stealer AND graduated!! Then the ride goes to the unload area.
After you get off, you can get a copy of your diploma with your name on it and I will post a concept of a diploma for the ride later!

BryceM

Original Poster
@ctxak98 – I found your proposal to be very well thought-out, detailed and above all, creative. It was a good choice to keep the current Imagination! Pavilion façade and adding a unique twist to it. The projection idea was very, very cool as was the smoke. It would definitely draw attention to the seemingly forgotten pavilion and would also help breathe new life into the pavilion. Journey to the Land of Lost Imagination is a very cool concept. The queue sounds interesting and well themed, especially heading through Dream Finder’s labs. I got a little confused at the pre-show when you said, “you will only hear them for someone needs to zap them back and forth.” Whaaaaat? I guess that’s just a minor flaw in the way you worded it, but I really couldn’t understand what you meant. Anyways, the concept of saving the dreams of tomorrow is very cool, and really ties in with Future World which is all about the future. Props to you on that! The use of the Imagination Shooters was really innovative. The parts of the ride where you spread imagination with your shooters were really creative. I could see it being like the restaurant on some of the Disney cruise ships, where the colors change before your eyes. The climax of the ride was perfect. The whole ride built up to that moment where you had to face all of the creatures and above all, the Dream Finder. It sounds thrilling at the end, but that “thrill” left me confused. Is it a drop or acceleration? A drop would definitely be thrilling, like something found on Jurassic Park River Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The very conclusion to the ride was something to be proud of. It went back to the beginning and showed that you were the ones who helped restore her imagination. Very creative ending! I have a small gripe and that is the ride system. The same ride technology used for Journey to the Center of the Earth is also used for Test Track, which is just a short walk away. It really is a small gripe because I doubt anyone would notice, due to this being a dark-ride. The Dream House is a very cool idea, as all of the little things to do there sound very interactive and interesting. I could easily spend hours exploring these different little things you have thought up. Good job! The Sensory Labs Tour was really cool and I’m glad you kept the idea of exploring the senses, because this really does live up to the original idea of Epcot. I don’t know how popular this ride would be, however. The current Journey to Imagination is usually a walk-on, and this just takes the same concept and moves it. I don’t know how many people would want to visit this attraction, but I guess it being a new ride would bring in more people than the current incarnation. Very good work!

@techee – You also had one of the stronger proposals this week, a definite improvement over last week’s! This was a great submission. The queue was very creative, and set up the ride perfectly by having guests walk through the Institution and seeing all of the different labs they will be exploring on their ride. The intro scene was very creative and I’m glad you immediately made it known that Dream Finder was back! The art scene was beautiful and it was a smart move to take riders through those well known paintings. The literature scene was nice, and having Figment fight a dragon was something needed here as it some action and the rest of the scene seemed intriguing, having classic characters come out of the pages. Once again the Performing Arts scene was creative and I thought it was great how you showed all aspects of it, such as theater all the way to the glitz of Hollywood. The final scene was a great end to this fantastic ride. The way you split the first floor and second floor into two interactive play areas was very cool. The show sounds interesting, but your description left me wanting more. I guess that’s a good thing, because I wish I could see it. I believe there is just one major flaw in your new pavilion… will this sufficiently attract guests? The main ride’s name is very similar to the old ride’s name, and most guests will come to the park and think nothing about that ride has changed and they will probably skip it. Unless marketed correctly, the average guests might not know a single thing has changed. The same goes for Figment’s Imagination Lab. Will the average guest push and shove their way to 6 new interactive “games” spread throughout two floors? While the ideas you created sound fantastic for Figment’s Imagination Lab, I’m not sure if it would have a huge draw. Overall, this was great proposal and you produced some quality and creative ideas, though these ideas might not be the “next big thing” that Epcot desperately needs.

@WED99 – Wow. Your proposal this week really blew me away. The Imagiscanner is where I could tell you took it to the next level. Bringing this technology into a ride seems amazing, especially for an Imagination ride. With the Imagiscanner, this ride will be taken to a whole different level than ever before on a theme park ride. Incorporating this technology into the story of the ride adds un-predictability and whole new realm of fun but letting guests see their scores of how far they can imagine. The use of LPS was a good choice, as it allows more fluid motion, letting guests focus more on the imagination aspect of the ride instead of how fast they are jerking around. The digital score counter and the power gauge on the seats make the experience even more intimate for guests, something that I really praise you on. I won’t break up the story into little parts, but adding the dialogue was very smart, as it made the story of the ride pretty much perfect. Each of the scenes is as great and innovative as the next and having many different possibilities in each scene really heightens the guest’s want to re-ride. Letting guests see their imagination scores at the end is a great way to leave guests feeling truly concluded. Figment’s House is really, really cool. Each room adds something unique and fun and I believe guests would enjoy this a lot, getting to explore each room that adds something for them to discover. I could easily spend a few hours having the time of my life in Figment’s House. Imagination to Inspiration sounds like what Epcot is truly about. It’s educational and inspiring and sounds like it would be a true delight to attend this show. This proposal was outstanding in every way possible.

@Matt7187 – Your proposal this week was stronger than last weeks, but it really lacked in some areas. The queue area sounded great for Operation: Imagination until it got to the exam part. An exam on a ride sounds like the scariest thing ever. Forget The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror… forget that 400 ft. tall roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure… this ride has an exam! Of course, it’s a “fun” exam, but I don’t know if guests would want to line up for an attraction where the description is that you will be taking an exam. The ride experience itself will probably anger many major fans of Epcot. Epcot is supposed to be about “education, the future, imagination, hope and friendship, etc.” not helping choose if you want pizza or a disco ball, exploding a little girl’s broccoli, or starting a flash mob in a department store. However, the ride improved when the Dream Stealer interfered. This provided some action and excitement! Then, you mentioned how to defeat him… While “using a curse that makes him good” is at least neat, you went back to the roots of this ride experience by shooting him with pie… The end was a good conclusion as you realize you graduated and got to shoot pies at a dragon! The Captain E.O. idea was… interesting. While I, and many others, believe Captain E.O. should be scrapped completely, you re-imagined the film but with more pop stars. This seems like a forced and cheesy way to bring pop-culture into Epcot. And why Tommy Lee Jones of all people!? The new Imageworks seems cool, especially the new “Sum of All Thrills” type of attraction. This is one I wouldn’t mind checking out. However, the rest suffers because once again you have to question if these exhibits would really bring in more people to the dying pavilion. Creating a Figment seems really cute and fun, especially how he is shipped to you! Overall, this proposal was weak with a few semi-redeeming factors.

@jdmdisney99 – Using Your Imagination is very good choice to replace Captain E.O. and a creative one too. The show seems like an inspiring and fun replacement and really helps welcome you to the realm of Imagination. The show seems a little on the short side though, but that’s really my only complaint about it. The new “Imageworks” seems really fun and innovative. The ZeroN Gravity Labs seems like it would be addicting, as well as the Living Forest. The queue for Journey Through Imagination seems really neat. I like how you included all of the creative thinkers in the grand hall and also making interactive at the same time. Like WED99, I really like how you included a full dialogue for your ride experience. It really helped make the ride seem complete. The rest of the ride seemed like a fun and really awesome adventure. The effects in this ride really shine, as they are plentiful and sound very unique and cool, definitely adding to the ride experience. Overall, this was a very fun and original proposal that would really help to spruce up the Imagination Pavilion! And sorry for this critique being short, but it wasn’t very hard to critique, which is a good thing!

WED99

@WED99 – Wow. Your proposal this week really blew me away. The Imagiscanner is where I could tell you took it to the next level. Bringing this technology into a ride seems amazing, especially for an Imagination ride. With the Imagiscanner, this ride will be taken to a whole different level than ever before on a theme park ride. Incorporating this technology into the story of the ride adds un-predictability and whole new realm of fun but letting guests see their scores of how far they can imagine. The use of LPS was a good choice, as it allows more fluid motion, letting guests focus more on the imagination aspect of the ride instead of how fast they are jerking around. The digital score counter and the power gauge on the seats make the experience even more intimate for guests, something that I really praise you on. I won’t break up the story into little parts, but adding the dialogue was very smart, as it made the story of the ride pretty much perfect. Each of the scenes is as great and innovative as the next and having many different possibilities in each scene really heightens the guest’s want to re-ride. Letting guests see their imagination scores at the end is a great way to leave guests feeling truly concluded. Figment’s House is really, really cool. Each room adds something unique and fun and I believe guests would enjoy this a lot, getting to explore each room that adds something for them to discover. I could easily spend a few hours having the time of my life in Figment’s House. Imagination to Inspiration sounds like what Epcot is truly about. It’s educational and inspiring and sounds like it would be a true delight to attend this show. This proposal was outstanding in every way possible.

such a relief! I was worried mine was lacking this week :D

ctxak98

@ctxak98 – I found your proposal to be very well thought-out, detailed and above all, creative. It was a good choice to keep the current Imagination! Pavilion façade and adding a unique twist to it. The projection idea was very, very cool as was the smoke. It would definitely draw attention to the seemingly forgotten pavilion and would also help breathe new life into the pavilion. Journey to the Land of Lost Imagination is a very cool concept. The queue sounds interesting and well themed, especially heading through Dream Finder’s labs. I got a little confused at the pre-show when you said, “you will only hear them for someone needs to zap them back and forth.” Whaaaaat? I guess that’s just a minor flaw in the way you worded it, but I really couldn’t understand what you meant. Anyways, the concept of saving the dreams of tomorrow is very cool, and really ties in with Future World which is all about the future. Props to you on that! The use of the Imagination Shooters was really innovative. The parts of the ride where you spread imagination with your shooters were really creative. I could see it being like the restaurant on some of the Disney cruise ships, where the colors change before your eyes. The climax of the ride was perfect. The whole ride built up to that moment where you had to face all of the creatures and above all, the Dream Finder. It sounds thrilling at the end, but that “thrill” left me confused. Is it a drop or acceleration? A drop would definitely be thrilling, like something found on Jurassic Park River Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The very conclusion to the ride was something to be proud of. It went back to the beginning and showed that you were the ones who helped restore her imagination. Very creative ending! I have a small gripe and that is the ride system. The same ride technology used for Journey to the Center of the Earth is also used for Test Track, which is just a short walk away. It really is a small gripe because I doubt anyone would notice, due to this being a dark-ride. The Dream House is a very cool idea, as all of the little things to do there sound very interactive and interesting. I could easily spend hours exploring these different little things you have thought up. Good job! The Sensory Labs Tour was really cool and I’m glad you kept the idea of exploring the senses, because this really does live up to the original idea of Epcot. I don’t know how popular this ride would be, however. The current Journey to Imagination is usually a walk-on, and this just takes the same concept and moves it. I don’t know how many people would want to visit this attraction, but I guess it being a new ride would bring in more people than the current incarnation. Very good work!

!

Yah I know I rushed some things and that was my problem this week! I had little time and tried typing fast. Should have gone over to correct mistakes. And yes the Zaps and Blasts would be just like JTTCOTE. fast speed up then a slight drop. SO yes some thrill on this ride. Thanks for the Critique! Hopefully I make it to th next one!

Matt7187

Will anyone be eliminated? @BryceM because I feel nervous that I won't make it through! I thought I was good at coming up with ride ideas, but 2 straight weak proposals leaves me nervous!

BryceM

Original Poster
I still have heard nothing from the other two judges, so the rankings will probably be posted way later.

BryceM

Original Poster
Rankings for Challenge 2:

1. @WED99
2. @ctxak98
3. @techee
4. @jdmdisney99
5. @Matt7187

Contestants who left the competition: LittleGiants16 and Turtle.

I'm not sure the status of the other judges, but hopefully they will try to at least get their critiques in today. As for the elimination, I've been pondering a vote between the last two contestants, and the winner of the vote moves on. This would be a fair way to eliminate the next person, and that would be decided by YOU! Thoughts? Or should I just fire Matt7187?

jdmdisney99

I don't intend to be mean, but since I am in the bottom 2, fire away!
If there is a vote, though, here is my first campaign speech about why I should stay;
First of all, I am destined to be an Imagineer. I am young, live far from FL, and I have been to Disney World 15 times and Disneyland once. My mind is always overflowing with ideas for the parks. They need fixing and I'm sure I can compete in this competition to do just that. More than two thirds of my posts have been liked. Less than half Matt's have been. People like what I have to say and will be entertained for the remainder of the competition if I remain a contestant. I was not up to my game this Challenge. With Thanksgiving coming, I rushed my concept and posted in spurts. Therefore not all of my full potential and detail was brought out. If you vote me through, I will not disappoint. Plus I'll give free cookies! ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom