Master of the Parks: Challenge 2 - Lost Imagination.

BryceM

Original Poster
Challenge Two - Lost Imagination!

"Imaaaaginaaationnnnn" is the classic tune playing throughout Journey into Imagination with Figment. This classic ride used to be a charming adventure starring the purple dragon Figment and his friend, The Dreamfinder. Now, the ride is a shell of it's former self, as is the rest of the pavilion. You can now find a less than 5 minute wait, even on the most crowded of days, for Journey into Imagination which has been downgraded from the charming original version to a ride not even most toddlers have interest in seeing. Located next to Journey into Imagination is the infamous "Captain EO", a cheesy 80s sci-fi movie starring Michael Jackson. Not only are these two attractions dated beyond belief, but the rest of the pavilion is really lacking. Figment's WonderWorks, which used to occupy the upstairs portion of the pavilion is completely obsolete, leaving good space un-used.

Many things are lacking in the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot, but can you turn things around?

Requirements

- Re-imagineering or replacement attraction for Journey into Imagination with Figment (be sure to mention things such as queue, ride technology, ride experience, exit experience, etc.)
- Re-imagineering or replacement show for Captain EO.
- Something new for the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion.

These are due before midnight, next Friday. Good luck!

Matt7187

One question: if someone doesn't submit their idea, will it be another free round or will someone who submitted theirs also be eliminated?

Tip Top Club

@Turtle You don't have to use old Imagination as a jumping off point, in fact I would advise against it, as I said EPCOT is about the future not the past. If I were doing this challenge I would gut the building and start from scratch. There are very few limits here.

ctxak98

@Turtle You don't have to use old Imagination as a jumping off point, in fact I would advise against it, as I said EPCOT is about the future not the past. If I were doing this challenge I would gut the building and start from scratch. There are very few limits here.

My Idea is kind of a mix of NEW and OLD...? I hope that works for you! I just couldnt get rid of the DreamFinder. Just some more concept art and Mine should be completed. Wednesday night is what I am aiming for!

ctxak98

Hello Everybody, So As I was thinking about the next few days I realized I wont have anymore time to do this so I had to post my Idea tonight or I would be disqualified! So here is my idea for the Imagination pavillion and I want to explain a few things first and why I made certain decision. The ride will be a branching off of the Original concept of Dreamfinder and Figment but still bring in modern technology and new stories to bring life to kids and adults all over the world.

The Imagination Pavilion: the Facade and show building will All remain the same, But with some tweaks and new effects. The pyramids will now have a Imagination chamber behind them that Collects all of epcots Fantasies, dreams, wishes and hopes. The tube will burst out Magical colored smoke throughout the day and at Night show and array of different visions of imagination onto the glass pyramid. An example would be the pyramids will turn into a sunset on the sea or a storm, or even a rainforest or underwater ocean. Anything the mind can think of the pyramids can display!( The smoke will not be harmful to the environment at all! just colored through different lighted effects. A rainbow of smoke almost coming out of a chimney like structure.

Journey to the Land of Lost Imaginaiton: This ride will be replacing all of the current "Imagination" ride and be completely re-done with a new ride system and a new ride story. The ride Itself will be about the world of Imagination and how the world we live in today is losing its touch and its up to us to bring dreams back to kids and adults everywhere. The line starts trhough the rainbow Tunnel( a feature from old imageworks I though would be cool to bring back) Its leads you to the "DreamFinder Archives" . Its the dream Finders lab and workshop with a bunch of inventions and magical things that occur throughout the queue(also interactive). The queue then puts you into a room known as the Sparkservatory, for a pre-show with Dreamfinder and Figment AA figures explaining your mission to save the dreams of tomorrow.He explains that they will Be helping on your journey through there lab and you will only hear them for someone needs to zap them back and forth. He also goes into detail about the DreamCatcher and how he works and how you will know when your getting close to him and how to defeat him. You will be strapped into the Dreamfinders "Imagination Fixermobile" and travel into the heart of Imagination in a young girls Mind. You will be shrunken down to the size of a peanut and travel through a badly corrupted world of lost Imagination. With the Imagination shooters, you can spread Imagination throughout the land. (It is a mix of a ride and a Buzz lighter/Men in bacl sort of thing)
So as the pre-show ends, doors on either side of the room open and you can exit either way and get on the ride at the loading dock. The ride system is the same used at "Journey to the center of the earth" at Tokyo Disney Sea. (some reasons I decided to use this system is because I am all about cloning ride system types...without copying the ride itself, so It will not be the same track layout at all!) The ride starts out as you travel through the portal tube where rainbow lights flash with fog rolling in and soon find yourself in the girls room as she is sleeping. The dreamfinder turns on the detectors to see how far gone the childs imagination is and finds bad energy in the room. The dreamfinder then realizes how little time you have left to stop the DreamCatcher and zaps you into the childs Imagination. You are zapped and brought inside the mind of the girl. The ride starts of in a land very eerie and dark. The life is still and not much movement. The colors are all blah with mean looking creatures and scary looking rock formations.As you travel through the lost Imagination the Dreamfinder tells you to start spraying. As you color back in thr land around you and transforming things before your eyes, the light starts to come back into the land. You journey through the Floating Forests, Rainbow cloud , Singing seas, and the Planetary Plains. Each one of these areas has to be corrupted. The four corners of the Imagination have been changed by the DreamCatcher and Need to be Fixed. As you go through the world spreading Imagination with Imagination Shooters, it brings the world to a happier state. As you venture further you come to the heart of the Imagination land where its a bit more touchy and Dark. You can definately tell the Dream Catcher has hit this area the most. This part is a little harder to clean up and the dreams start to come at you. The ape like monsters and Cat like creatures chase you from ever direction. The last turn brings you to the Dream Catcher( Mean dragon that is the heart of the evil nightmares). As you turn at him the Dragon speaks to you saying " Your Dreams Are mine , Dont try to stop me now Dreamfinder", Just then the Dream Finder launches the Spark starter Missle at the Dream Catcher. You defeat the dream catcher but you dont have much time to escape his claws. In the nick of time you escape the dream catcher and find yourself In a beautiful World of Imagination but need to get back so the dreamfinder zaps you back to the childs bedroom. The DreamFinder Turns on the Detectors once more and the results are extraordinary. colors and magic surround her detecting her Imagination is back on track. The Dreamfinder and Figment congradulate you for your sucess in bringing Imagination back and knowing it is possible to help others as well. He Invites you to go to the "Dream House" to explore all the wonder and fantasies that await and to Add there Imagination to the Dream Generator. (the portals and Zaps are fast little boosts like in JTTCOTE!)

The Dream House: From the outside view you can see the Imagination chamber and inside there is another chamber called the Dream Generator and 3 smaller chambers depicting Adventure, Power, and Courage. All the Imagination gathered inside the Dreamhouse goes into the Dream Generator and powers the Imagination labs. The dream Generator will explode with Imagination every half hour or so, Inidicating the powering of the Dream House. The dream House is the new name of "Imageworks". The Dream house will include a few different activities and one smaller ride.

Different Things to do:
One Little Spark: Let your Imagination soar as you depict different constallations and images as you touch everything around you. This room will be a touch sensory area where everything you touch glows and spreads to create an image of some sort. the Surrounding environment will be almost like walking on mars or the moon with rock like structures with hidden lighting to sense touch and display what your Imagination sees.

Finding Figment: A wheres Figment Idea though figments house as you find him in the most bizarre places that lets your Imagination run free. The house will be a two level thing and be all sorts of wackyness and include AA figments in each room!

Dream Generator: See how much Imagination you can generate when you place your hands on the dream generators base.(fun activity to see how much imagination you and your kids can stir up as you play through the Dream House.) Once the dream Generator is full the Generator will overflow with fog and smoke mixed with colors of all sorts.

Dream Capsules: Climb into a capsule and completely surround yourself in darkness and just listen with your ears as figment takes you on a wild journey to magical places. ( 5 capsules each holding 10 people and each with a differnt destination and journey)

Bridge to the Stars: Much like the old steping stones, this is a stepping stone idea that starts on one corner of the room and leads you to the other but you have to find the right way. the bridge is made of different stars and planets that move and actually make you feel like your in outer space.

The skys the Limit: In this dome shaped room, the Enviroment will change around you and you can draw on tablets to shape the sky around you.( ex: if its a cloudy atmosphere, you will shape clouds, If its a thunder storm, you will shape lightning etc....The tablets will be all around the room and you can draw anything from bunnys to trucks and the enviroment will depict what your Imagination wants to see!

The sensory Labs tour: Taking over the theatre area wher captain EO is, this tram tour wiill take you throuhg th dreamfinder labs to see how things work around there. (I didnt want to waste the idea of a senses lab cuz I kind of like it! so I thought I would incorporate a slower paced ride) The ride will start out in the senses lobby showing many different labs and then go into the touch lab and trick you into what your feeling in the dark, the taste lab will show you a family(AA) being in a food sampling and showing how being blinded and eating can change your view of what you eat and to use your brain and not your eyes. They will explain the taste testing is full for the day so you cant have any!( not complicate the ride). Then the sight lab will test what you see in opyical illusions. the Sound lab will Test what you hear and then show you what your actually hearing. The smell lab is the last lab on the tour and will trigure your senses and Imagination by each object smelling like other objects(ex: a rose smelling like garbage and Garbage smelling like fresh daisies. The ride drops you back out in the Dream house. (I wanted this ride to be kind of Old school Epcot with a more educational in a fun way sort of feel.)

Well thats about it folks, I hope you like the idea. I know some will think im crazy for using lost imagination as my concept but I thought it was unique and a good message to keep dreaming and reaching for the stars. I thought a sort of thrill ride on either side of FW would be good to balance it out. At the bottom is some concept art but I didnt get enough time for actiual on-ride art or Dream House arts. I hope I will someday but Not enough time in my schedule. Thanks for reading!
http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/ctxak98/?action=view&current=imaginationpavilion2q.jpg
http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/ctxak98/?action=view&current=imaginationpavilion1.jpg

jdmdisney99

I will be posting my proposal in parts starting with;
USING YOUR IMAGINATION
This would be a show to replace Captain EO in the Magic Eye Theater. Using Your Imagination would begin with guests entering the theater. Shortly after, an audio-animatronic professor "walks" on stage (like an improved version of Ben Franklin) in front of the screen. He introduces himself as Aberforth Cogitare, a whimsical philosopher and a member of A.D. (Alliance of Dreamers). He brings the "giant computer" (screen) to life with a voice command. He begins a presentation about the imagination and other members of the A.D. (including Dreamfinder, Walter Disney, Albert Einstein, and sadly Maldominus the Nightmare Maker). Suddenly, the presentation is interrupted by an emergency video call from Dreamfinder. He is in the future and all imagination has run out. Dreamfinder transports everyone in the theater to the future using in theater effects such as fog, lasers, and effects in the seats. Once there, the residents of the theater travel through a dark, gloomy city with Dreamfinder (on the screen). Along the way, the audience, Dreamfinder, and Professor Cogitare spread the dreams of many across the land so everybody's imagination is reinvigorated. Travelling back through time, you find yourselves back in the regular theater with Professor Cogitare congratulating you on your success in the field of imaginatology. Then the audience exits.

techee

What I wanted for this is to mix the best of the old ride with new parts entered into this. This includes classic characters with classic music and the same scenes as the original ride, but with new scenes and new dialogue. I also like to point out that each scene are just general ideas for each scene.

Dreamfinder Presents: Journey Into Imagination with Figment - Go into the Imagination Institution
as you join Professor Dreamfinder and Figment into the realm of your imagination.

Queue: Guests will enter the queue from the outside. As they enter, they come upon what looks like an Imagination Lab. This lab will have windows where guests will look out on various experiments centered on one’s imagination. Such windows are: a music lab (there’ll be something that looks like an IPod connected to speakers that surrounds the room), a literature lab (a book will be placed on a table and projected on a screen), an art lab (famous paintings will be put on the walls like an art gallery), a performing arts lab (probably a dark room with a classic Disney film being shown in a theater-like room), and a science lab (a room with a microscope, rocks, plants and a few other essential science stuff). All of these labs will be scattered throughout the queue as to make it feel like they are walking into a science institution on imagination.

Ride Technology: It will be kept the same ride tech.

Imagination_02.jpg

Ride Experience

Intro Scene: Guests will finally enter the loading dock. The loading dock will be brightly colored with a mural, but it is still kept with the feel of an institution. Guests will hop on board a purple covered car and the ride begins. I will try to make this ride as close to the original as possible, but keep it new and modern as much as I can. You travel to the first scene where you encounter Dreamfinder. He’ll say that he’s a scientist working for the institution. He will then proceed to say that they find that imagination can be quite useful, especially when it comes to creating something from his figment of his imagination. Thus, he creates Figment. Figment will “be born” and will greet you guys in his hyperactive self. Dreamfinder will tell him to calm down and he’ll say that he’s taking them along with him to explore the far reaches of imagination. To end the scene, he’ll say: “Come on, off to the first part of imagination: Art!” He’ll also begin singing “One Little Spark”, as you go throughout the ride with moments where he talks and explains to the guests about each place.

jii_dreamfinder.jpg

Art Scene: In the art scene, you find many famous paintings literally come to life from Dali’s “Melting Clocks” to Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”, and a few other paintings. Also, you’ll see Figment messing around with painting on a giant canvas, only to make a mess with himself, but successfully paints a picture of him. In here, Dreamfinder, found in a painted boat, will explain how imagination has influenced many painters throughout time, envisioning many interesting scenes that takes us place upon first glance, and it will continue to make its mark in the future with newer technology that takes art to new places than it has before. Then you’ll pass under paintbrushes ontop and easels on the side.

300px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
images

Literature Scene: You continue through this scene until you get to the next scene, which is literature. When you get into the literature scene, you see many scenes literally come out of the pages, all of them recognizable characters ranging from novels, short stories, to poems. Dreamfinder, found on a pile of books, will explain that upon the pages of these stories comes imagination you can’t get from anywhere else. Each tale takes readers to its whimsical land and has us captivated as knights fight dragons and pirates rule the seas. Figment will be in this scene as he tries fighting a dragon and tries to read a book. You’ll pass under an arch made out of books to take you to the performing arts scene.

Performing Arts Scene: In this scene, you find much cliche glitzy Hollywood stuff with projectors projecting film, lights playing a show, and music being played. Dreamfinder, found overhead in a director’s chair, will explain that movies were brought by the most imaginative people of all times and will continue to do so. You will see such things like a theater entrance, to a limousine and props representing different genres of film (like a spaceship for Sci-Fi and Wild West buildings to represent Westerns). Figment will be in proper Hollywood attire as he rides a limousine, sticking his head out the window, on the street. The scene will end as you enter through a film reel and into the final scene, which is the science room.

Science and Outro Scene: This room will look similar to one big science lab with lots of scientific gear. Dreamfinder, found as he is on a step leading to a rocket ship, says that with imagination, one can make many discoveries. You will go pass giant screens displaying different parts of science like biology, chemistry, geology, and astrology. Figment will be conducting a chemistry experiment, by mixing two liquids together in one test tube, only causing an explosion to occur. Dreamfinder , as the scene ends, will thank you for going on this tour on Imagination and Figment will be saying thanks and goodbye unending. Dreamfinder will ask Figment: “Shall we sing one more time?” Figment responds: “Sure.” And they close the ride with a revise to “One Little Spark”. Guests will get to the loading dock and will unload off the ride to Figment’s Imagination Labs. This lab will take kids right through a review of different aspects of imagination that was already mentioned in the ride.

One Little Spark

The music is the same exact lyrics as the original ride, but there'll be new dialogue for the ride.

Exit Experience – Figment’s Imagination Lab

First Floor
  • Figment’s Artist Splash – Similar to Goofy’s Paint-n-Playhouse at Tokyo Disneyland, guests will approach a wall with paint guns. Each guest will take a paint gun and a random room/picture will appear. Guests will press the button and start painting the wall. Once the room/picture is fully painted, the time is up, and the next guests will move in to take part.
Goofys-Paint-N-Play-House-Tokyo-Disneyland.jpg

• Act Out! – Guests will approach a screen with a sensor and camera system embedded in the wall. Guests will choose a scene in which they want to act out and stand on the pad to begin acting the scene out. The scenes will be anything from dancing in a musical to a classic scene from a Disney movie. It will last around minute. There will be around three stations guests can go to, and each station will allow more than one person to perform.
  • Tap Music – Guests will enter one big room with colored squares on the floor. Each square will produce a different note and guests can perform a song using only their feet. They can also choose to perform a song to perform. If guests do that, then lights will come on in the floor telling them which floor tiles to press on.

Second Floor (Guests can either take the stairs or the elevator between Act Out! and Figment's Artist Splash)

• Light Show – Guests will approach a light machine with a projector, projecting colored lights to a wall. On the light machine is a screen with different effects on it. They can put in different effects and arrange it in the order they choose. When they complete their show, they’ll have a chance to preview the show, in case changes need to happen. If changes need to happen, they can quickly edit, or try out other effects, and preview it again. If there aren’t any changes needing to happen, then they can go on to submitting it. Once they submit it, then they, and other guests, can see the show and awe at what they made.
  • Writer’s Block – In the middle of the second floor, there’s a cube building with writing on it. Inside, guests can go to a booth with a keyboard. They first enter their name and choose the story they which to continue. Once done, they can move onto the next scene where they see the previous page of the story and a blank page where they can write the next page of the story. Guests also have a chance to complete a story. If a story is completed, the next guest can begin a new story where others can write a page of the next story.
  • Dreamfinder's Science Fair – In the back of this floor, guests will enter a huge area where guests can experience different types of science. They can see plants grow and drop rubber balls off of a high platform. They can watch someone perform a science experiment and participate in that. They can also interact with simple science experiments on their own throughout the room. Plus, they get to see different exhibits relating to science as well.
The New Show: I will take out Captain EO, but I will place it somewhere else, probably in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom. To replace it, I will place in a 4-D show featuring Figment. It’ll be called “Figment Presents: Your Five Sense(s)”. The show will present your five senses and how they contribute to your imagination. He’ll say, “It’ll open your world of imagination.” The description for the show will be as followed: “Join Figment as he takes you on 3-D show with 4-D effects into 5-D senses.”

Matt7187

THE NEW AND IMPROVED IMAGINATION:

To replace Captain EO, there would be a reimagined version of it. There would be added scenes at the beginning, which in the 1st new scene it would be of Captain EO given the duty from his planets leader to negotiate with the planet that he goes to to make them happy and stuff. Then there is a scene where in the plane thing he flys gets into a "dogfight" with another plane from another planet with the new effect of moving seats. Then the rest of the show would be generally be the same but with updated effects and such. The new captain EO would be either Bruno Mars or Usher, the supreme master lady would be Adele, and the leader from captain EO's planet would be tommy lee jones.

The rest will come later!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom