Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

matt9112

I'd be shocked at an Avengers E ticket in IOA. But. But. As of this summer, nothing in IOA would be under construction, so they just may have the ability to do so. Not many people care for Doom so it's not as though crowd control would be EXTREMELY hurt.

Doom is good eye candy for the skyline that's really about it...it's an outdated classic drop tower. It's time for it to go but it should be replaced with a solid strong E ticket. Side note I think a retheme to doom if it is left untouched would be good too.

matt9112

^^^ THIS ^^^ No you don't fix what's not broken you maintain it and keep it fresh like Hulk which is getting a ground up rebuild to keep it fresh and exciting, yet the iconic Space Mountain is getting band-aids in the form of nightly visits from the welding fairy until it cannot be patched then it will be down for years.

Im all for classics but IMO I think space should be gutted and a modern single coaster built in its place....probably LIM based. Retain classic. Building refresh all guts and new ride....but who am i?

matt9112

You seem to be letting your opinion get in the way of fact.

The land was an expensive one to build, and designed very precisely to look like a non descript comic page. Hence the signs, for example.

You do know about the expensive colour changing paint don't you?

What paint!!!

Cesar R M

Aside from the attractions (particularly Spider-Man) and their improvements, the land itself is very dated and cheap looking. Just look at these photos and try and tell me that it would look the same if it were built today. http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/Photos/Marvel-Super-Hero/pages/24-Marvel Super Hero Island.htm
almost all the zones in IOA are very "retro" and "classic.
I mean the cartoon area has the same feel as well until you hit the jurassic park area.

Cesar R M

You seem to be letting your opinion get in the way of fact.

The land was an expensive one to build, and designed very precisely to look like a non descript comic page. Hence the signs, for example.

You do know about the expensive colour changing paint don't you?
wait a sec, color changing paint?

Something Martin has with his tea.
did someone said Crumpets and Tea?
tea.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I remember right, it's called ChromaLusion, and DuPont offered it at the time. It changes colors depending on how much light there is and where you're looking at it from.
That sounds like it. It's on several of the lands buildings for those who look. It was pointed out to me by a TM friend. It's not noticeable much as you walk and look at it, but look at a building, walk past it, then look again. Different colour.

Hardly cheap.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

almost all the zones in IOA are very "retro" and "classic.
I mean the cartoon area has the same feel as well until you hit the jurassic park area.
I know, I think that part of the park looks fairly cheap as well, although not as cheap looking as Marvel Superhero Island. It seems as is they started the park by building Seuss Landing and used whatever was left by the time they made it full circle to Marvel Superhero Island.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ha I knew that...just couldn't resist that last tag could ya ;)

No No I absolutely could not resist that last tag:rolleyes::devilish:, With the crap that's flying it's going to be interesting with what happens with Mr Iger's vanity project though especially if he leaves before his contract expires.

EDIT:

In all likelihood Disney will finish pandora - but if he leaves before too much pandora specific theming is applied what it becomes is an open question.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom