Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Donaldfan1934

How do you know they were at whim?

The original Wizarding World of Harry Potter deal was with Universal City Development Partners (the partnership between General Electric and The Blackstone Group which owned the Universal Orlando Resort) and includes 22 clauses related to approval.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312507178559/dex1041.htm

Do you have the Transformers deal handy? It seems likely that it would have been a global licensing deal. The attraction was designed for Universal Studios Hollywood and then sat in development hell for a period of time until it received funding by Resorts World Sentosa. So hardly an example of acting on a whim.
Sorry, RELATIVE whim. They happened one right after the other. My point is that if there were no issues with Marvel's approval, it may very well have been opened up by now.

lazyboy97o

Sorry, RELATIVE whim. They happened one right after the other. My point is that if there were no issues with Marvel's approval, it may very well have been opened up by now.
What opened one after the other? Transformers? Of course they did, that was the deal worked out with Hasbro and Sentosa. And it happened after development hell.

You're whole theory rests on the idea that Universal has been seeking approval. You also continue to ignore that Marvel cannot just stall and has given approval to new costumes and now two significant updates to the existing attractions.

Donaldfan1934

What opened one after the other? Transformers? Of course they did, that was the deal worked out with Hasbro and Sentosa. And it happened after development hell.

You're whole theory rests on the idea that Universal has been seeking approval. You also continue to ignore that Marvel cannot just stall and has given approval to new costumes and now two significant updates to the existing attractions.
Speaking of the new costumes, they're still not the movie based ones that are at DL. Definitely fits the miscellaneous legal part of the contract. As listed in section C., "Whenever Marvel has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by Marvel may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in Marvel’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by MCA." Basically, Marvel can control and manipulate these aspects of a potential change in the area, which is why the costumes depict versions of the characters that are fundamentally the same comic based designs as the originals.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Speaking of the new costumes, they're still not the movie based ones that are at DL. Definitely fits the miscellaneous legal part of the contract. As listed in section C., "Whenever Marvel has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by Marvel may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in Marvel’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by MCA." Basically, Marvel can control and manipulate these aspects of a potential change in the area, which is why the costumes depict versions of the characters that are fundamentally the same design as the originals.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm
No, Marvel cannot do that because the basis for the reasonable approval is Marvel's own style guides.

jensenrick

How would you like an Avengers E ticket?

Yes, please. And I'd like it where it belongs- on Marvel Super Hero Island!

I try not to, but I get tense at constant calls by some for Disney to take marvel theme park rights from Universal, whether they figure it's by trade, or force, or just a function of time- it doesn't matter HOW. Because, what do they think will happen? Lots of "amazing" new attractions?
**Buzzer sound*** NOPE, we get stuff like this- a TRAVESTY where they destroy an amazing attraction to overlay on unrelated IP.
Even the plans for DLR don't inspire much. Another simulator? A Cap America "themed" coaster?
Dare I hope for more than you might find at SixFlags for a Batman "themed" coaster?

BrianLo

You seriously are trying to argue the hulk, a 10 scene dark trackless ride with mostly AA, an avengers attraction, and most like a mountain coaster not made by Disney won't be E-Tickets?

No, that's not what I meant at all. Martin was talking about the rides currently under construction.

I was mostly referring to the Jimmy Fallon attraction. Neither Avengers or the Crumpet coaster are under construction.

matt9112

or you know, they could theme the darn tower as the stark's avenger tower.(at DCA) would make more sense than GOTG's guardians.
aka you're happily visiting the Avengers tower, Jarvis is doing the explanation of artifacts and tech..
Villains attack, you get droped a few times.
Iron man saves you..

There you go, a way better fit.. YOU WELCOME DISNEY!!

Is nothing sacred to you? Do you.....watch the world burn?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom