Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Horizons1

this little girl looks pretty miserable as well. Look at all the annoying shade surrounding her in this photo. It was difficult back in the day to enjoy yourself in the hub with all the built in bench seating and beautiful, intricate landscaping. So glad they finally planted spiral shrubs and topiary plants that I can buy on Amazon.

View attachment 91335
See? This guy gets it.

betty rose

this little girl looks pretty miserable as well. Look at all the annoying shade surrounding her in this photo. It was difficult back in the day to enjoy yourself in the hub with all the built in bench seating and beautiful, intricate landscaping. So glad they finally planted spiral shrubs and topiary plants that I can buy on Amazon.

View attachment 91335
Yes, I see the unhappiness written all over her face:D

raymusiccity

Thanks a lot. Getting old is not all it's cracked up to be. My love, and sometimes anger at Disney today colors my posts. I'm an artist if that explains my temperament . No excuse, just who I am. As my dad always said...I over think too much. I love Disney, that is clear, but I don't excuse everything that has happened . I've been going since it opened....and I've seen it all. But, I still go that's a testament that they appeal to most that continue to go. They appeal to young and old. I just look at different things now....atmosphere, looking at flowers, having someone fix me a meal. Any meal is good at my age...;) as my daughter like's to remind me, I've have old taste buds, and will eat anything. She is probably right. :D

‘Once you muscle past the gag reflex all kinds of food possibilities open up’ 'Emile, Ratatouille'
image.jpg

hopemax

During this transition and the hat removal, I've been getting an earful from my Dad about stages in inappropriate places, and he's been wanting to see pictures of Cinderella Castle, before the stage got built. No still pictures, but during the DFC World Chapter meeting on Saturday, Greg Ehrbar showed a clip from Peter Alexander's German variety show's February 1976 special at Disney World, and at the 1'22" mark, there starts a bit with some nice shots of the front of the Castle, minus any stage. At 2'40" there's a "horrible" shot of the Castle, ruined by Hub trees.

So I thought I would drop the link here, in case anyone else was interested.

raymusiccity

During this transition and the hat removal, I've been getting an earful from my Dad about stages in inappropriate places, and he's been wanting to see pictures of Cinderella Castle, before the stage got built. No still pictures, but during the DFC World Chapter meeting on Saturday, Greg Ehrbar showed a clip from Peter Alexander's German variety show's February 1976 special at Disney World, and at the 1'22" mark, there starts a bit with some nice shots of the front of the Castle, minus any stage. At 2'40" there's a "horrible" shot of the Castle, ruined by Hub trees.

So I thought I would drop the link here, in case anyone else was interested.

It was great seeing the Skyway gondolas......but, I don't think I saw one stroller in any of the background crowd shots! That's what we all miss most. The backs of everyone's feet were safe!

betty rose

It was great seeing the Skyway gondolas......but, I don't think I saw one stroller in any of the background crowd shots! That's what we all miss most. The backs of everyone's feet were safe!
I'm not sure what has changed in the Magic Kingdom, we took our daughter from the age of one. My husband and I took turns carrying her. When she wanted down we went out of the park and found a place for her to move around. I guess with one park , that was an easier thing to do.

raymusiccity

I'm not sure what has changed in the Magic Kingdom, we took our daughter from the age of one. My husband and I took turns carrying her. When she wanted down we went out of the park and found a place for her to move around. I guess with one park , that was an easier thing to do.

......That, plus parents are out of shape nowadays to carry their overweight kiddies.. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom