Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Found some more pictures of the hub before they finally got smart and redesigned it. This is just hideous! The castle is so obstructed by those trees! And hardly any space to view the fireworks!

View attachment 91215 View attachment 91216
Not sure if it is sarcasm or not, but just incase - you know the castle is not part of Main Street, and the trees were there as a break between Main Street and the reveal of the castle? Fantasyland and the castle were originally intended to be only visible once at the end of Main Street.

Although better for guests viewing fireworks and crowd flow, the hub and castle area are now breaking the original intent and design of the park.

Horizons1

You know the castle is not part of Main Street, and the trees were there as a break between Main Street and the reveal of the castle? Fantasyland and the castle were originally intended to be only visible once at the end of Main Street.

Although better for guests viewing fireworks and crowd flow, the hub and castle area are now breaking the original intent and design of the park.
I know, Steve. I'm sarcastic.

note2001

Not sure if it is sarcasm or not, but just incase - you know the castle is not part of Main Street, and the trees were there as a break between Main Street and the reveal of the castle? Fantasyland and the castle were originally intended to be only visible once at the end of Main Street.

I loved the trees and the look of the castle hidden off someway past "the town", not hovering over it. Oh well... it was nice while it lasted.

Sage of Time

I asked my Cast Member friend from the Castle Shows management team the question about the "golden arches" last November and she wasn't sure if they were going away; but, said the stage was going to be revamped.

Those arches look awful up close.
YES PLEASE. I can't stand all that clutter up on the stage.

Brian

At least they didn't block up the castle. But I agree, they could be themed to the stonework of the castle a bit better.

They do block, but I think they are themed well enough to blend in. Just as the new turrets will block but blend in.

Maybe they got confused with what the fans wanted, instead of trees... arches.

Scene: Confusion in the TDO Board Room:

Random Executive: Alright gang, so the fans are complaining there's no longer anything blocking the castle in the hub. What do we do about this? What happened?

Random Park Worker: Not sure. But what if we put arches on the stage so the view of the castle is blocked again?

Random Executive: Bam! Do it!

SAM_5781.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I did go to the eye doctor, and he is ordering me new glasses...I might add that I'm nearsighted and can't see well, day or night. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
Oh, you didn't offend him. :D We were there just a few weeks ago, and my wife, who does not visit these boards at all, did not notice them at all. I saw them because I knew from here that they are there, and while I agree that they look ugly, and either need to go away or be replaced with something nicer, it didn't detract from any kind of viewing, as they were behind us when we were watching Wishes. It mostly affects the FP+ viewing areas, so the vast majority of people aren't even going to notice them at all.

michael.fumc

Oh, you didn't offend him. :D We were there just a few weeks ago, and my wife, who does not visit these boards at all, did not notice them at all. I saw them because I knew from here that they are there, and while I agree that they look ugly, and either need to go away or be replaced with something nicer, it didn't detract from any kind of viewing, as they were behind us when we were watching Wishes. It mostly affects the FP+ viewing areas, so the vast majority of people aren't even going to notice them at all.
Same experience last month, no one in my family noticed them the three days we spent at MK, I saw them but it was only because I was looking

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Phew. That's okay then.

betty rose

Thanks, I'm beginning to think I only went to Disney thru the Twilight Zone.:D

Goofyernmost

Here's the deal with them as I see it. If you want to see them you will. If you are at the ready to nitpick every detail of everything, you will notice them. And if you are just there for the fun of it, you might notice them, but, also know that they affect your experience to a minimum level. If you are a true Disney fan you will be able to ignore all the lighting poles and set ups in Disneyland, because, well, because they are king and nothing they do is wrong. It's all a smoke screen. I am thankful that I still go to enjoy myself and not get hung up over minor junk that has no real impact on my enjoyment or that I realize that in order to be everything to everybody, sometimes real world realities have to enter into our little fantasy world. People that didn't notice them are not blind, they are just focused on what is important and not what actually can be described as important parts of what makes the magic and what might be lessened if they didn't exist. The Magic doesn't just happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom