Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

muteki

all they have to do is truck the bigger tree off to the farm, and bring in a proper size for the area.
That's just it...what people consider a proper size for the area is going to vary from person to person. I wish they put larger trees back, but that has long been a problem, not related to the hub rework.

Big C 73

Are those....benches? :eek:;)

This is when the particular area inhabited a higher degree of living. The space was designed to have a function as to where people could sit, talk, relax, and engage I conversation with other individuals. A provision of orientation through the perturbed reflection of the structured environment. Whereas presently confusion is admits the central hub area, and confusion develops into fear, then violence. Just ask John Hench.

note2001

68 of those benches are still in storage back stage. Guests must "keep moving no place to sit here".

Incredible.

Which means the only places left to sit are in smoking areas, quick service places (where the smell makes me sick to my stomach if I'm not eating, not sure how many others have this happen), or if it's a little one with exhausted feet you can get creative and do as I've seen many kids do, and have them plop down on the bottom of the displays in stores. Seen many-a-snoozers under the t-shirts.

Good going Disney. I don't see keeping people moving as a way to make more money, just a way to make them more miserable.

Wait... I do believe there are places to sit in Tomorrowland still... don't tell corporate.

Mawg

Is the bigger problem here that they are trying to have a nighttime show right in the middle of the park that is a major corridor for all parts of the park? The hub has become an arena with standing room only. Is there enough room off of the new bypass in that parking lot beside Space Mountain to build an actual Fantasmic like arena for night time shows? Traffic could flow afterwards out to the bypass, out the exit or out to Tomorrowland. Or build it somewhere else around the park. Seems like the Magic Kingdom could use a big "Day Show" like Animal Kingdom (Nemo and Lion King) has that can occupy large crowds for long periods of time anyways in a more remote area. I don't really care about the trees so much or all the concrete, it just seems dumb to have such a large show right in the middle of the park. I still like the show but it is impossible to navigate the crowds during it and many occasion I have been separate from the family and not able to reunite until some time afterwards. I wonder how many lost children are found during this time period?

dstrawn9889

the glaze will fade in, it is just locking in the colors... they did it last at DL, it made the roofing tiles look faded for a few weeks until it was completely cured and the bright lustre returned.

MOXOMUMD

Are there really so few benches in MK? I've only been to WDW once but I try to get to DL every month or 2 and I've never had a hard time finding a bench to sit on in DL or in DCA.
That's because it's DL/DCA. There was a time one's family could grab a bench in the shade and enjoy a nice refreshing beverage at MK. Unfortunately those have been disappearing through the years and a majority of the seating remaining (such as the benches near the Speedway) offer no respite from the sun.

Gomer

Or sometimes both.
Go ahead and try to enjoy your Dole Whip while taking-in the cloud of smoke at the bottle-neck in front of Aloha Isle.

Just plain sad.
Is it strange, that pineapple and cigarette smoke now has a positive association to me. Instantly transports me to Adventureland. I honestly get a little disappointed if no one is smoking over there when I stop for my once a trip dole whip. The experience feels incomplete somehow.

But I’m a little strange that way. The smell of second hand smoke doesn’t bother me. I actually enjoy it. Always have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom