Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

MerlinTheGoat

I take it the newly planted trees on the east side of the hub will not grow that much?
Half of those trees are some variety of magnolia. Magnolia trees have the potential to grow quite tall if you let them (and care for them), but they grow relatively slowly. It can potentially take decades for any substantial growth.

The other half I don't know the specific species, but definitely a coniferous/evergreen variety. Some similar types of trees are capable of growing pretty tall fairly quickly, but it depends on the species. Again I don't know what species they are, but they remind me of ones I am familiar with- leyland cypress or arborvitae (aka thuja). Those two varieties in particular are (in my experience) quite fast growing and can get quite tall if left alone and cared for properly. May not be the case for these in particular, but there are a lot of trees like these that can grow very tall in a surprisingly short amount of time if allowed.

But you can control growth by continually pruning a tree, regardless of the species.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I have a feeling this is a very similar if not identical show MK will get.. Hopefully with a few more fireworks and maybe projections on Main Street.

OMG I hope not... this show is horribly paced, only the barest minimum of pyro... Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon show...
Looks very cheap... Hoping for WDWs 50th we get a much better show than this... Disney Dreams it Disneyland Paris is a much nicer show...

Slowjack

Maybe these will grow on me over time, or maybe the effect is different in person, but from the photos, they're throwing off the scale of the castle itself. The high turrets on the castle are forced perspective, of course, meant to appear larger and more distant than they are. Having the turrets at ground level makes the scale evident, and makes the whole vista toy-like.

ToTBellHop

Kind of random thought, but I wonder if there are plans to put lights on the new turrets during the holiday season.
Maybe eventually, but likely only as part of a Dream Light upgrade--and they just got upgraded this past year to include lights on the trees in the hub, so I wouldn't expect more just yet.

DisneyJunkie

I would have thought that if they were going anywhere, they'd have been on the opposite sides of the ones that mark the entrance to New Fantasyland (next to Pinocchio Village Haus).....sort of as a way of balancing it out.

trevorfs

OMG I hope not... this show is horribly paced, only the barest minimum of pyro... Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon show...
Looks very cheap... Hoping for WDWs 50th we get a much better show than this... Disney Dreams it Disneyland Paris is a much nicer show...
I completely agree!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom