Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

jdmdisney99

The good old days, before the dark times of the princess takeover.
tumblr_nf2qp6gfis1s0c4z4o4_400.jpg
Ah yes. Before Sleeping Beauty's dad stopped serving food in Cinderella's castle.

;)

SpectroMan93

Add me to the faction that likes the turrets, but not so fond of the banners. If they could remove the purple parts, it would look much better. Hoping when they remove the remaining scrims, this well become a nice frame for the castle. Would be a shame if this throws off the forced perspective.

TTA94

Slightly off topic but do we have a update on the rumored nighttime show marni1971? :). One of many things I hope for in the new show is search lights! and a lot of them! I think all the Disney parks around the world use search lights now except MK lol.

WDWLover#1

Slightly off topic but do we have a update on the rumored nighttime show marni1971? :). One of many things I hope for in the new show is search lights! and a lot of them! I think all the Disney parks around the world use search lights now except MK lol.
I've not heard of a nighttime show for the magic kingdom lately. Maybe for the 50th?

rioriz

DaGoof00

ToTBellHop

Who faked all these pictures of trees being planted at or near the hub. Disney hates trees and would never do that.
If you look at the edges of the trees in the pictures closely, you can see that it's a bad Photoshop edit. The whole area is in fact being paved over. The trees were all stolen from a Google image search for "Alaska", the only place in 'Merica with trees.

note2001

Just got back from my first view of the new hub layout over the crowded Fourth of July week, and the less crowded week following. Mind, I had it in my mind to see the new hub, and was well aware of how the changes would look from all the pics and discussions here... but did want to wait and see it finished before judging. The good: it's still not done... so I still cannot "judge" ;) Also good: traffic flowed much better through the hub even at fireworks time on the 3rd. Pathways were kept open enough for two suburban sized double strollers to pass each other. I navigated from one side to the other and back in what seemed to be 5 minutes. We did find standing room in front of the castle, in the hub even 20 minutes before the fireworks started.

Also good: The fountains are absolutely beautiful and HUGE! Much larger than pics can show, as there's nothing to show for scale right next to them.

Also, Also good: Those big lighting poles we;ve discussed and complained about: in person they are very small in comparison to everything around them and are easy to ignore unless you have one right in front of you for the castle show.. (Unfortunately, in pictures they're just there in the way.)

The bad: I was shocked out of my shoes when I looked down Main Street for the first time this trip and saw the castle hovering right at the end of it like a giant. Pictures will not prepare you if you did like the distance the trees that were there added. I suppose I didn't really expect the view down Main Street to look any different than it had in the past. I was not prepared at all and felt a shiver of the ghost that used to be the view from Town Square to the Hub pass right through me, and flip my stomach upside down for a moment. I recovered by walking with my eyes focused on balloons and people instead.

Last edited:

Otamin

The bad: I was shocked out of my shoes when I looked down Main Street for the first time this trip and saw the castle hovering right at the end of it like a giant. Pictures will not prepare you if you did like the distance the trees that were there added. I suppose I didn't really expect the view down Main Street to look any different than it had in the past. I was not prepared at all and felt a shiver of the ghost that used to be the view from Town Square to the Hub pass right through me, and flip my stomach upside down for a moment. I recovered by walking with my eyes focused on balloons and people instead.
Sarcasm? I can only imagine the view would look almost identical to how it's looked for nearly 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom