Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

wogwog

Don't know the number. From a quick glance at the photos, it looks like 2 poles per section pointing towards the hub's inside traffic paths on each side (not the exterior circle). I'll take a look when I'm in the park next. I agree with you, fwiw.
I counted ten. Might be more coming. All firmly set in concrete. None will telescope.

note2001

Artificial grass has holes in the backing for drainage. Water goes through it into the ground just like with regular grass. No need for special drainage unless you are doing a sports field that needs to handle a couple of inches an hour of rain and stay playable.

Such as those Florida Summer/Fall rainstorms? :)
I'm sure Disney thought of everything when installing the turf. If they didn't think of it on their own, those selling it to them did.

MrMorrowTom

The new west section is beautiful. Strolled through it today, people laying in the grass with little kids running around. It was a good idea that they went with the turf, at first I was skeptical about it but it looks good. Plus it will with stand all the traffic and weather.
As for the east section I saw them rolling out the turf over there today. Shouldn't be much longer before it opens.

motox7

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb 26. While the construction walls came down earlier this week, today was only the second day Plaza Gardens West were open to guests. WDWMagic has posted a great video and pictures. Here are a few photos of guests enjoying the area later in the day. Some guests were even picnicking on the grass. Even though it rained just a day ago, the grass was dry. Perhaps there is a drain system under the artificial grass.

The restrooms at the base of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant are indeed open. Here is a photo of the large planter being constructed in front of the restroom entrances. The white color and concrete shape/form match the existing shapes around Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

View attachment 84502

Is it just me or wasnt there a planter in this exact spot and a couple years ago they got rid of it and leveled it. Now they are rebuilding it again? lol

Cesar R M

you can schedule time with any character you want as many as you want for parties... weddings.. other events and or just to spend time with characters without having to deal with 100 other people... lol
thats awesome, now I understand how the guys from the convention I attended had characters.. LOT of them.
even with suits I never seen before.

(have a mickey mouse at Cochlear Celebration 2015 Convention, and the Mickey with Minnie in suits I had never seen before)
DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

I used to go to the character department in the tunnels all the time and talk with the people who work in that area...
former castmember?

erclvrb18

thats awesome, now I understand how the guys from the convention I attended had characters.. LOT of them.

(have a mickey mouse at Cochlear Celebration 2015 Convention, and the Mickey with Minnie in suits I had never seen before)
View attachment 84569

View attachment 84570

former castmember?
I used to work in disney's convention center so I've most definitely seen a lot of different versions of mickey and minnie from nurse and doctor to princess and race car driver hehe....

my fav moments of working were wondering if mickey was gonna be there that day or not lol

I remember one time walking on stage and being right in the footsteps of mickey as he was going somewhere and seeing all the kids in shock cause they were not even at the parks yet lol

articos

Using @photoflight 's photos as a guide I was able to come up with this diagram.
View attachment 84542
Blue dots are existing new lights. Green are existing old lights. Red are the previous locations of old lights that have since been removed.

These photos show the old a new lights currently in place, staring at Casey's and going clockwise around the Hub.
View attachment 84543 View attachment 84544 View attachment 84545 View attachment 84546 View attachment 84547 View attachment 84548 View attachment 84549 View attachment 84550 View attachment 84551
Nicely done, thanks. Ok, so the ones in the center by the fountain are a bit glaring, but the others are backed by trees and should fade back a bit. Looking at this, I'd expect 4 more towers, plus what's going to be integrated into the new turrets.

Next Big Thing

All of this looks great except there's no excuse for the lack of benches. They've added all of these super wide open walkways and areas, they can fit a bench or two in there.
There is plenty of seating all around the area. It's just in the form of wide planters rather than benches.

That means not only more seating than benches would allow for, but it's in theme.

WDWLover#1

View attachment 84569

View attachment 84570

former castmember?
I last saw those when new fantasyland had its grand opening

Next Big Thing

Was thinking same thing lol,,,while I dont mind the grass areas, I cant see the Disney of today keeping up with all the trash people will constanly be littering and leaving behind on the grasses. The Disney of the 80s, yes.
I take offense to this as a Custodial CM. We do the best we can and the parks would be pig stye if we didn't have the proper procedures in place that we currently do.

MK is the most attended park in the world, not everything is going to be gotten to immediately, but we do our absolute best to make sure we attend to everything in a timely manner and keep the park looking show ready.

Cesar R M

I take offense to this as a Custodial CM. We do the best we can and the parks would be pig stye if we didn't have the proper procedures in place that we currently do.

MK is the most attended park in the world, not everything is going to be gotten to immediately, but we do our absolute best to make sure we attend to everything in a timely manner and keep the park looking show ready.
hang on, you work as custodial CM ? or you worked in the past?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom