Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Father Robinson

Question about the mini character statues: Are they permanently in that new area, and is that all of them? (hard to tell from the pics). I know they have concrete bases, but obviously they are mobile if they can be moved in the first place. Seems strange to me to have them just on ONE side of the hub and NOT surrounding the Partners statue. Their placement before at least to me had a lot of symbolism behind it, here's Walt, his partner in show, Mickey, and their continued success stories surrounding them. I guess I can see moving the characters to new locations in the hub now that it has drastically changed, but I'm stuck on the fact that they're just on one side of the hub now. What does the other side get? Again, to me the balance just seems off now, whereas before the symmetry and story telling visual elements were perfect.

erwinalber4

Question about the mini character statues: Are they permanently in that new area, and is that all of them? (hard to tell from the pics). I know they have concrete bases, but obviously they are mobile if they can be moved in the first place. Seems strange to me to have them just on ONE side of the hub and NOT surrounding the Partners statue. Their placement before at least to me had a lot of symbolism behind it, here's Walt, his partner in show, Mickey, and their continued success stories surrounding them. I guess I can see moving the characters to new locations in the hub now that it has drastically changed, but I'm stuck on the fact that they're just on one side of the hub now. What does the other side get? Again, to me the balance just seems off now, whereas before the symmetry and story telling visual elements were perfect.
If I'm not mistaken, the others will be on the other side of the Hub surrounding that side's fountain when it opens.

ItlngrlBella

Yes, I do. I enjoy it a lot too, actually. The amount of guest interaction and freedom to roam is something I love and (for the most part) nothing is ever THAT nasty. The chemicals supplied make for easy and quick clean ups and don't involve actually touching the spill in most cases.

@Next Big Thing : Just saw your post and want to take a minute to say THANK YOU! Custodial CM's are the unsung heroes of the parks. I'm amazed as to how spotless they always are. You ALL do an amazing job from keeping everything beautiful to countless times having to politely answer the question, "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" Thank you for all the hard work you do, all the year through. :)

Monorail_Red_77

Nicely done, thanks. Ok, so the ones in the center by the fountain are a bit glaring, but the others are backed by trees and should fade back a bit. Looking at this, I'd expect 4 more towers, plus what's going to be integrated into the new turrets.

Based on some of the concept pics I have seen. I wonder if they will fade more into the background once all of the new trees have been installed and they get a bit of growth on them. I wonder how close the remainder of the new trees that have not been planted yet are going to the new light poles? I agree right now the light poles could look better. I can't help but think that we are getting up in arms a bit too early without seeing the fully completed product.

Kinda like back when mine coaster / splash / thunder mountain were being built. Someone might have said, "What the heck is it with all this wire mesh crap. This doesn't look like a mountain." Yet, once complete it looks pretty darn good.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Based on pic below. See how the light pole is near the tree. True the tree is in it's winter mode. But, once it fills out for spring, etc. I don't think you will be able to see the lilght pole as much.

docdebbi

you know what i would like to see on here now? an aerial shot with the construction done. i know several members post these for us periodically. let's go friends, would be greatly appreciated

wogwog

Yes some are still missing and should show up as work progresses on that side.
The east side will be a mirror image of the West side with a twin fountain and the other four statues in waiting to appear. In fact they may already be in place behind the construction wall as the fountain is already flowing with water behind the walls. No worry, they survived the construction.

Rob562

Thanks! I believe for the sections that are complete, what's in is what's going in, but there's still the rest of the work to go. Even with more to come, I do think they'll fade into the background once everyone is used to the new hub, however.

I wonder if they can incorporate some of the lights closest to the Castle into the new tech booth turret structures they'll be building. That'd at least get rid of a couple poles...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom