Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Definitely better than openly visible construction everywhere... And if you don't like the equipment on the other side of the walls, don't aim your camera over there.

Those walls are pretty high - I'd have to get a ladder to aim my camera over them. There is a bonus, they make a nice surface to lean up against.....

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Although holy cow it seems that no one wants a crane near the castle.

In a perfect world, it WOULD be nice to see crane hidden better during hours or driven off park, but if they make "quick work" of it, can't complain. If we want updates and seasonal displays we have to concede that SOME things will be visible on occasion.

Maybe paint the crane arm to match the castle color scheme?

Nemo14

... Or could maybe disguise the crane to look like a magic wand? Hmm...
Yeah we remember how that worked...
th

LAKid53

Premium Member
It would be interesting if "Tink" went from crane to Tomorrowland Terrace roof. It would make the crane a part of the "show".

Tink would have to go from the tower in the Castle to crane to the Terrace roof. Otherwise the poor CM would have to climb up the crane long before dark. Imagine if he had to answer nature's call? And I bet that costume with all the lights and the harness isn't light.

Not sure I'd want to be the supervisor who has to ask someone who is already willing to fly on a zip line in the dark at that height with fire works starting to go off to climb a crane that has got to be at least 100 feet in the air - the Castle is 189 feet high. "Bob, we've got a new addition to Tink's flight at the beginning of Wishes. We thought since the crane is up to put the lights on the Castle, Tink will fly from the CRANE to the Terrace Roof. Which means you need to climb up a 125' crane BEFORE dark (can't have the kids seeing that a guy plays Tink) in full costume. You okay with this?"

Addition: I think the zip line for safety purposes needs to be anchored at both ends to something fixed, not a moveable crane...

MaryJaneP

...Otherwise the poor CM would have to climb up the crane long before dark. Imagine if he had to answer nature's call? And I bet that costume with all the lights and the harness isn't light....

Agreed. How long do you think it will be before they have an AA perform the "flight"? Could program the wave wand motion into the automaton.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Agreed. How long do you think it will be before they have an AA perform the "flight"? Could program the wave wand motion into the automaton.

Until the AA breaks down, midflight. Imagine the discussion on THAT.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom