1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by Animaniac93-98, Jul 18, 2014.

1. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

Where did you hear this? Have done a search and normally get wind of most DLP rumours - not seen anything about this online. Also to my knowledge they are going to be very close to the wire getting this ready for the proposed reopening date - I can't see how they will have time to offer a paid for preview

2. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

My inbox:

NE MANQUEZ PAS L’ÉVÉNEMENT
    QUE LA GALAXIE ENTIÈRE NOUS ENVIE !

[​IMG]

SOIRÉES STAR WARSTM LES 5 ET 6 MAI 2017
    DANS LE PARC WALT DISNEY STUDIOS®
    De 20h à 1h du matin

Accès aux 2 Parcs Disney® dès 17h
    PRIX BILLET SOIRÉE STAR WARSTM : 49€(1)

Plus d'infos

Et pour 15€ de plus(2), accédez en avant-première à
    la nouvelle attraction STAR WARS HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN !

http://idf.disneylandparis.fr/evenements/soiree-star-wars-disneyland-paris/

3. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

4. cjkeating

cjkeating Well-Known Member

I don't like it, especially as I am there whilst this is happening as they have pushed the opening back to accommodate this. However it's not like DLP don't need the money unlike WDW...

5. Stevie Amsterdam

Stevie Amsterdam Active Member

How incredibly disappointing @The Empress Lilly - not to say shameless. I don't speak French but I take they justify it by selling it as 'be the first to ride the new Hyperspace Mountain' or something?

6. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

We may have gone beyond the shameless monetisation of the American parks. I believe we have a world premiere in that the parks are closed for an upcharge event...that has an upcharge event in it.

We've crossed into Inception territory.... :eek:

€49 for a Star Wars evening to celebrate the opening of Hyperspace Mountain, and for another €15 you get to actually ride the mountain too.
    I hope this doesn't fly in Europe. This is the second time DLP is in control of American hypergreed. The first time the parks were dragged down for decades by building more hotels than attractions. This time, they are trying to transplant the American hyper monetisation.

For one thing, you need American income inequality and low taxes to have a wide audience for this sort of event. Plus a cultural acceptance. What middle-class European family will pay several hundred euros just for a few hours in a theme park? That they have already paid for to get to. In Europe, that makes you the laughing stock of your friends, not their envy.

7. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Not quite. HalloWishes/Holiday Wishes dessert parties and Villain's Sinister Soiree are other examples.

8. Stevie Amsterdam

Stevie Amsterdam Active Member

I agree. I don't see European families justifying paying so much for something that is currently in the middle of re-establishing itself. For over a decade DLP was run down and not on par with it's overseas siblings. Under the control of TWDC it has been refurbished, painted etc but it still needs a lot more for Europeans to say 'hey, some significant changes have been made, it's worth spending the extra money'

The Empress Lilly and brb1006 like this.
  9. peep

peep Active Member

Urgh, this news is upsetting. I imagine people will pay out for this, you'd be surprised at how often this type of thing sells at other parks - which is frustrating as it's the worst, these trips are expensive enough as it is.

Makes it even less likely that they'll be soft opening the ride the weekend before when I'm there (not too fussed, back again in August).