1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by Animaniac93-98, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member Original Poster

DLP Welcome says Cinemagique will close March 30, though the official site has not been updated with this info yet.

I will try and make a point of seeing the final show on the last day during my trip.

brb1006 likes this.
  2. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

teruterubouzu and JDL30 like this.
  3. felipenor

felipenor Active Member

I don't know how crowded it gets during summer, but I was there in mid-january and the park seemed pretty busy to me. Many rides had a one-hour waiting line (as well as the princess M&G), Big Thunder Mountain was 100 minutes.

The Empress Lilly likes this.
  4. Den Carter

Den Carter Active Member

Winter crowds outside Christmas and New Year times are a new thing at DLP, and proof they're finally doing a good job marketing the parks. The only way to guarantee a quiet day these days is to visit during a mid week winter day. It's great news for Disney, but a sure indication the resort needs some expansion!

5. brb1006

Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary Theme Song (Everydays's A Celebration)

Den Carter likes this.
  6. DDLand

DDLand Well-Known Member

I hate being this guy, but I want to ask @marni1971 a question. I try to refrain from linking like this because I don't want to turn him into a search engine, but I figure this is interesting enough...

At this point we're starting to get a vision of what's coming next. WDW with Epcot over the next 5-6 (or 7) years. Disneyland has rumblings of new offerings beyond Star Wars at both DCA and Walt's Original. Disney Cruise Line up to 2023. In Hong Kong, while in flux right now, we do have some general objectives and things they want to accomplish. Shanghai is actually a little more up in the air, but Everest and Marvel seem to be coming eventually.

That leaves Disneyland Paris Resort as the one WDC operated business that has an unclear future. Project Sparkle is nearing completion and the road map beyond is uncharted.

I was doing some reading on French Language forums (translate of course) and it seems like they think projects such as TSMM and an Adventureland addition may be on the docket. Now bluntly I put more credence on what you have to say, so I'm wondering if you've heard any rumblings on what's coming in the medium term.

If it's too early that's fine, I can imagine with the acquisition coming to a close things could still be up in the air.

Thanks!

7. Animaniac93-98

I've never seen this piece of concept art before. Would be nice if the Studios looked this good:

[​IMG]

brb1006 likes this.
  8. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Things seem more up in the air now with the different direction funding will be coming from, so I only know what's been proposed in the recent past; Soarin, TSMM, Marvel (all WDSP) and Mermaid or a water coaster for DLparc.

WDWdream97, DDLand and JDL30 like this.
  9. brb1006

Where did you find that?

10. Animaniac93-98

Themeparktourist.com had a recent article on the history of the park.

11. WDWdream97

WDWdream97 Active Member

I wonder if once Dis fully owns Disneyland Paris, will they advertise it in the US?

deix15x8 and brb1006 like this.
  12. Animaniac93-98

Star Tours had its first soft opening today. I also love the new look for the Discoveryland waterfalls at night:

[​IMG]

Photo from ED92

13. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

First pictures of the returned Star Tours look fantastic - Disneyland Paris Park really is starting to look so beautiful now if is being given some love - can't wait to see what they do with Pirates

IMG_4895.JPG IMG_4896.JPG IMG_4897.JPG

Kman101, Peter Pano, croboy82 and 3 others like this.
  14. brb1006

More images of the 25th Anniversary decor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

Great aren't they? I posted these in the 25th anniversary forum as they seemed more appropriate there...

16. Donald Dutch

Donald Dutch Active Member

After five years, Disneyland Paris said goodbye to the Magic on Parade and Disney Dreams today. Had to share this nice video of the last parade performance from Pixiedust.be:

brb1006 likes this.
  17. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

Shareholders meeting note today confirms 2.1 Billion Euro investment plan over 10 years for Disneyland Paris, incl. Marvel attractions for Studios - sounds like plans for the resort are really moving forward.

Stevie Amsterdam likes this.
  18. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Possible rumor here. Summer of Stars July 14 - August 31. Disney Magic on Parade at Studios and Disney Dreams as an Illuminations Pre Show. I really don't know what to think about it.
    EDIT: (facepalm) April Fools...

Donald Dutch and brb1006 like this.
  19. Donald Dutch

Donald Dutch Active Member

With the new (very tall) parade floats comes one problem: when the floats line up before the parade starts, you constantly see Minnie / Mickey / Chip and Dale awkwardly waiting. On Magic on Parade, the Blue Fairy and the Fairy Godmother would squat/bend over a little untill the gates opened so they weren't that visible. In my opinion, they should really add some trees on the left side of the gates. Same goes for the gates at Town Square... Of course they also could line up the floats a bit further away.
    [​IMG]

20. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

€15 to ride Hyperspace Mountain in advance.

#^$@!

You can tell DLP has been taken over by the unspeakable barbarians across the pond. What a sad and sorry bunch of mediocre lemon squeezers.