Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I fear they will do just that... They really need to get rid of the generic Disney Parks branding... nobody likes it, it dumbs down the product, and while it may save a little money, it really lowers the tone of everything... Seriously how expensive are paper plates and cups when you are buying them in their quantities? and you can't have a park specific cup?

Based on volume used I'd bet that the savings are in the millions perhaps low tens of millions, I''m basing this on manufacturing there is generally a good size break in prices when you go up a decade i.e. 1000 to 10,000 etc.

That being said this expresses the cost accounting mindset of 'the cost of everything, the value of nothing' as there is great value in location specific items and it upgrades the experience. For crying out loud even Six Flags tags location on paper goods yes it's generic Six Flags $PARK but it's not the insipid 'Disney Parks' used here in the US.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Regarding the Hulk retheme and upgrade, I've heard rumor and speculation that there was some possible negotiation between Uni and Disney/ Marvel regarding the Hulk film distribution rights.

Disney LOST a bunch of distribution rights as a part of the Dreamworks acquisition by Comcast, Disney may not have noticed but Comcast just declared war on Disney and I'm not betting on Disney to be the winner in this one.

Comcast is hungry and generating organic growth in all lines of business, Heck look at the X1 system in Cable. Disney is complacent and has poor management who are unable to organically grow their business.

doctornick

Regarding the Hulk retheme and upgrade, I've heard rumor and speculation that there was some possible negotiation between Uni and Disney/ Marvel regarding the Hulk film distribution rights.

Interesting and would be cool, as that seemed to be a big barrier which made Disney reluctant to release another Hulk solo film. If such discussions occurred, I wonder if they also included Namor since his movie rights are similarly tangled with Universal.

brb1006

I fear they will do just that... They really need to get rid of the generic Disney Parks branding... nobody likes it, it dumbs down the product, and while it may save a little money, it really lowers the tone of everything... Seriously how expensive are paper plates and cups when you are buying them in their quantities? and you can't have a park specific cup?
At was alright at first but now it's starting to get very old. Before the Disney Park brand Disney actually focused on Walt Disney World itself when it comes to commercials besides showing stuff from Disneyland to advertise WDW anything at WDW for this for example. Which can cause alot of guests to think Disneyland is Walt Disney World.

Mike S

Until "DisneyParks" is done away with we'll have to keep dealing with things like this.
image.jpeg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Based on volume used I'd bet that the savings are in the millions perhaps low tens of millions, I''m basing this on manufacturing there is generally a good size break in prices when you go up a decade i.e. 1000 to 10,000 etc.

That being said this expresses the cost accounting mindset of 'the cost of everything, the value of nothing' as there is great value in location specific items and it upgrades the experience. For crying out loud even Six Flags tags location on paper goods yes it's generic Six Flags $PARK but it's not the insipid 'Disney Parks' used here in the US.
Universal can have Springfield-specific napkins, but Disney... oof.

Mike S

Universal can have Springfield-specific napkins, but Disney... oof.
And all the Harry Potter stuff like plastic cups, those holders for hot drinks, plastic bags, etc. Also the bags specifically for "Universal Orlando" not "Universal Parks" and Cabana Bay bags as well. Pens in all the rooms too are specifically Cabana Bay. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff and all of it must be soooooooo prohibitively expensive :rolleyes:

doctornick

This was mentioned in the most recent Spirit thread -- some old plans for the north side of the RoA in Disneyland from once upon a time. This is exactly the type of thing I would love to see get planned and built in MK on that north side to connect Frontierland and Liberty Sq from the other side.

LandofLegends.jpg

An Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hallow ride would obviously fit in well on the Liberty Sq side of things. Paul Bunyon and Windwagon Smith as well as the WDI pipe dream of the WRE would all fit in great as a continuation of Frontierland.

I know, never gonna happen, but this is exactly what I would love to see come to MK someday and help with the guest movement around the RoA.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This was mentioned in the most recent Spirit thread -- some old plans for the north side of the RoA in Disneyland from once upon a time. This is exactly the type of thing I would love to see get planned and built in MK on that north side to connect Frontierland and Liberty Sq from the other side.

LandofLegends.jpg

An Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hallow ride would obviously fit in well on the Liberty Sq side of things. Paul Bunyon and Windwagon Smith as well as the WDI pipe dream of the WRE would all fit in great as a continuation of Frontierland.

I know, never gonna happen, but this is exactly what I would love to see come to MK someday and help with the guest movement around the RoA.

Windwagon Smith Have you ever read 'Windwagon Smith and the Martians'
http://www.watt-evans.com/WindwagonSmithandtheMartians.html

Bocabear

The whole idea of a sort of new area called Land Of Legends is intriguing... Not sure there is room to actually create anything like this at Disney World though...Unless that was the connector area around the backside of Big Thunder...

Minnie1976

I hope WDW's 50th is better than DLR's was. At DLR when we went in Feb. all the water attractions were closed plus the railroad. It was such a disappointment. You would think they would have left everything running until the 60th year was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom