Lilo and Stitch coming to Disneylands small world. Are we next?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
No, there is just one park officially called the Magic Kingdom. All Disneyland Parks are Magic Kingdoms.

Disneyland in California throughout the 60s and 70s had various publications that said "Disneyland" and beneath that "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"

sometimes there was "The Magic Kingdom of Disneyland"

even various television shows and the disneyland railroad periodically refered to it as "the magic kingdom"

InfernalPenguin

I def. see what you're saying, and for the most part I agree. Im not to hip with this change either, and what you say about the disney characters taking away from the celebrating cultures is extremely true IMO. I take it kinda like how they did pirates, but in a way its different because these are chacters from established movies. I think it could work, but its degrades teh attraction alittle as far as originality and its previous purpose. I think if its done in a hidden mickey type of way, then it wont be too bad, but having full out AAs seems alittle much, esp. for characters like Cinderella, Belle, and such, all the grown up type characters. I guess, we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, DL IASW is the original and the best, I think this for the HK version is better. I didnt even know they didnt have IASW or several other key attractions that you cant call a MK without them.

I don't know if you meant to quote someone else, or I just don't understand your post... but I was being sarcastic the whole distraction thing/taking away from the ride. Dunno if that blipped on your radar.

Oh, I also tend to agree that DL's IASW should be preserved... if that'd be the purpose of no changes.

But I also think the characters added into the foreign versions would sort of...I dunno... would it make sense over there? If you're talking Hong Kong/Paris, that's one place that'd REALLY appreciate the original version.

It's kinda like a game, I think: you shouldn't be playing the expansion if you haven't even been through the original.

But aaaanyways, just to stop myself from posting about this again, cuz I'm just goin' in circles, it'd definitely make me warm and fuzzy inside if when I went on IASW again I spotted a character.

I asked my grandmother, btw, and she agreed. She would definitely giggle and take a picture, along with all the other dolls.

Every. Single. One.

You guys have no idea. Beware the flash of an overzealous scrapbooker's camera bulb.

WDWFREAK53

No. There's several scattered across the world.

Disneyland
Disney's California Adventure
Magic Kindgom
EPCOT
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disneyland Paris
Disney Studios Paris
Disneyland Tokyo
DisneySEA
Disneyland Hong Kong

(BTW, I know I'm being too literal...I'm messing with you)

the-reason14

I don't know if you meant to quote someone else, or I just don't understand your post... but I was being sarcastic the whole distraction thing/taking away from the ride. Dunno if that blipped on your radar.

Oh, I also tend to agree that DL's IASW should be preserved... if that'd be the purpose of no changes.

But I also think the characters added into the foreign versions would sort of...I dunno... would it make sense over there? If you're talking Hong Kong/Paris, that's one place that'd REALLY appreciate the original version.

It's kinda like a game, I think: you shouldn't be playing the expansion if you haven't even been through the original.

But aaaanyways, just to stop myself from posting about this again, cuz I'm just goin' in circles, it'd definitely make me warm and fuzzy inside if when I went on IASW again I spotted a character.

I asked my grandmother, btw, and she agreed. She would definitely giggle and take a picture, along with all the other dolls.

Every. Single. One.

You guys have no idea. Beware the flash of an overzealous scrapbooker's camera bulb.

Oh yea, my bad. I quoted wrong. What you are saying I dont fully agree on. It was some other post, but I cant remember who.

the-reason14

Disneyland
Disney's California Adventure
Magic Kindgom
EPCOT
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disneyland Paris
Disney Studios Paris
Disneyland Tokyo
DisneySEA
Disneyland Hong Kong

(BTW, I know I'm being too literal...I'm messing with you)

All the ones with a land next too em. Are also Magic Kingdoms, encase you didnt know. You learn something new everyday huh. :p :animwink:

LoriMistress

Wow, people getting schooled online on a WDW message board...sweet!

Personally, my DH and I are NOT happy with this new change at DLR. It should be kept a classic. If this rumor is true, DH and I will write to Disney and complain. We're not Stitch fans.

Disneyfanman

I am betting that Disney will base the final decision on adding characters on how well it's received at HK. They haven't done it yet....just planned for it in case they decide it's appropriate.

Personally I have no problem in plussing out classic attractions. They just did it with the HM. They did it in DL on the Jungle Cruise. The only real decision in my mind is about what is an appropriate change.

IASM seems to be getting busier lately. I think it's nostalgia. We ride it on every trip, but the kids make huge fun of it. During the last trip it had a (no kidding) 45 minute wait posted at WDW. The entire switchback was full, and the line was into the main walkway. I noticed on my prior trip that it was busier too.

So I really think it not adding characters that's the problem, it's HOW they add them. If it's done with respect to the classic nature of the attraction, then I am open to it.

What's really nifty is that three classic attractions (Pirates, IASM, and HM) are all getting a ton of love lately. And seeing lines similar to what I remembered in the early days of WDW. And that is healthy for the park and the future.

KeithVH

OK. Not to stir the pot, especially since there's probably some drop-off with thread fatigue but has anyone seen http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2008/03/world-of-tears.html?

One thing that this thread is missing is the reference to:

"And in one of the most egregious and downright disgusting decisions in Disney theme park history, the gorgeous New Guinea rainforest scene, replete with some of Mary Blair’s most whimsical character creations (a crocodile with an umbrella, colorful birds hatching from eggs) and her drummer children with Tiki Masks on the opposite shore will be replaced with a Hooray for U.S.A sequence."

Has anyone heard anything about this? Whose blog is this anyway? Any credence to any of the postings?

Enigma

Account Suspended
Has anyone heard anything about this? Whose blog is this anyway? Any credence to any of the postings?

The people that run that blog are all pixar employees, ex (possibly some current?) imagineers, and a few other theme park professionals. They are not just rumor mongers or that sort of thing. Highly Reliable.

Lee

Adventurer
The people that run that blog are all pixar employees, ex (possibly some current?) imagineers, and a few other theme park professionals. They are not just rumor mongers or that sort of thing. Highly Reliable.
And highly pessimistic and grumpy.:rolleyes:

InfernalPenguin

Checks & Balances I guess.

I read that article they had on the Leave a Legacy "tombstones" infront of EPCOT. I had never thought about it that way, pretty funny.

Figment571

I look at them as the Yang to the Yeng of the happy super doper Iger = all problems solved type. They do make many valid points. They have made me think a lot about the parks and what they can be.

Unplugged

I'll give them points for passion. You don't write the level of detail and opinion they do unless your passionate about the issue one way or another. I was never "into" IASM, but did appreciate the fact that it's classic Disney. I don't agree with the concept of dropping Stitch in there or the Rain Forest scene replacement with Hooray for USA as it's not appropriate for the content and themeing of IASM. I want to say that after reading their facts and history on IASM, not only do I have a real appreciation for it, but now I'm on their bandwagon.

In agreement with others regarding POTC and HM plusing thats recently occured, I feel they were very well and respectfully. With that in mind, I'll keep my mind open to what may/may not be in store for IASM. However, my open mind is quite concerned for the validity of the proposed. :lookaroun

TP2000

This thread is kind of getting out of hand.

People are arguing about something that hasn't happened yet.

And, in your opinion, is coming from someone who is rarely right and should be put on ignore. (Even though his actual track record in the last several years clearly says otherwise)

So, there's not much left to talk about, because Al Lutz broke this news and so it has to be wrong. End of story. Anyone seen Block Party Bash yet?

darthjohnny

And, in your opinion, is coming from someone who is rarely right and should be put on ignore. (Even though his actual track record in the last several years clearly says otherwise)

So, there's not much left to talk about, because Al Lutz broke this news and so it has to be wrong. End of story. Anyone seen Block Party Bash yet?

I've said he might be good for somethings, but isn't all knowing.

Forgive me if I don't worship at the altar that is MiceAge.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom