Lilo and Stitch coming to Disneylands small world. Are we next?

DisneyAnole

Oh, just to break my mean streak, I think it'd be AWESOME if Stitch was in the ride somewhere. I was thinking about it, and given the fact that the mischeif-factor for him is being played up so much (especially with the pins) I think it'd be hilarious if they snuck him in somehow.

They can put Stitch up in the ceiling in the first room where the missing ceiling tiles are, thus transforming bad-show into an added detail!

Are the missing ceiling tiles still missing? :shrug:

Fun2BFree

Hey guys, guess what? Disney have added Mickey and Donald to Spaceship Earth... and they did it in 1982! They appear in the hieroglyphs in the Egyptian scene- barely noticeable, but still there.

Hey guys, guess what? IASW has hundreds of dolls, and Disney are adding a few character dolls into the mix. They'll be no more noticeable than any other doll, but exist to show how much Disney values fairly hidden details in their rides. A touch-screen can't do that, but a dark ride can, and Disney are taking a step forward!

If you don't like the dolls, ignore them. With everything else going on in the ride, you won't find it hard. :wave:

DisneyAnole

Hey guys, guess what? Disney have added Mickey and Donald to Spaceship Earth... and they did it in 1982! They appear in the hieroglyphs in the Egyptian scene- barely noticeable, but still there.

Unless you know something I don't (and that's very possible), I thought the Mickey and Donald hieroglyphics were in the Raiders of the Lost Ark scene from the Great Movie Ride, not in SSE.

Seems like one of the early souvenir books to MGM had a picture of an Imagineer painting the Donald or Mickey hieroglyphic on the wall...

Maybe there's a similar hieroglyphic in SSE?

EDIT: And it doesn't seem like sticking dolls of Disney characters into IASW qualifies as a hidden detail like a Hidden Mickey. Seems like a much more overt gesture.

EDIT II: Here's a small picture of the Mickey and Donald hieroglyphic I found online: http://upload5.postimage.org/306935/photo_hosting.html

JCorduroy

This doesn't really bother me at all, to be honest. If Disney wants to subtly add it's characters - specifically those in regions detailed in the ride - then by all means do so. I'd love to see Lilo and Stitch in the Hawaii section, Peter and Wendy in England, Mowgli in India, Belle in Frnace, Kuzco in South America - I have no problem with this as long as it's done with a consistent art style to the rest of the ride.

That being said, if it's a 12 foot tall animatronic Stitch, then I have an issue. :)

WDWFREAK53

This doesn't really bother me at all, to be honest. If Disney wants to subtly add it's characters - specifically those in regions detailed in the ride - then by all means do so. I'd love to see Lilo and Stitch in the Hawaii section, Peter and Wendy in England, Mowgli in India, Belle in Frnace, Kuzco in South America - I have no problem with this as long as it's done with a consistent art style to the rest of the ride.

That being said, if it's a 12 foot tall animatronic Stitch, then I have an issue. :)

While I agree with you about Peter, Wendy, Lilo, and Mowgli...Belle, Lilo, and Kuzco aren't children...so they wouldn't really fit. The others I welcome if done tastefully and not to distract you from the rest of the dolls. (AKA, don't make the Disney characters be a "spotlight" of the rooms.)

Vernonpush

sworld1.jpg

There seems to be non-Disney characters already there (who don't fit in with the rest of the characters in my opinion). So why not others, like Alice in the British section next to the chess pieces? :shrug:

Fun2BFree

Unless you know something I don't (and that's very possible), I thought the Mickey and Donald hieroglyphics were in the Raiders of the Lost Ark scene from the Great Movie Ride, not in SSE.

Seems like one of the early souvenir books to MGM had a picture of an Imagineer painting the Donald or Mickey hieroglyphic on the wall...

Maybe there's a similar hieroglyphic in SSE?

EDIT: And it doesn't seem like sticking dolls of Disney characters into IASW qualifies as a hidden detail like a Hidden Mickey. Seems like a much more overt gesture.

Hey guys, guess what? Disney have _____________________________________________! _________________________________________.

Hey guys, guess what? IASW has hundreds of dolls, and Disney are adding a few character dolls into the mix. They'll be no more noticeable than any other doll, but exist to show how much Disney values fairly hidden details in their rides. A touch-screen can't do that, but a dark ride can, and Disney are taking a step forward!

If you don't like the dolls, ignore them. With everything else going on in the ride, you won't find it hard. :wave:

Edited. I was almost quite sure it was SSE, but the two Egyptian themed sections sort of confused me. It's hard to do all this without a textbook in front of you. :lookaroun

Regardless of any botched facts, my point still stands. As shown in a picture earlier on in the thread, you can barely make out Cinderella in this scene.

Found her yet? You can quite clearly see that the scene doesn't revolve around her, and it hardly destroys the ride's premise or charm, contrary to what some on these boards think.

(FYI: You can also find C-3PO and R2-D2 in the GMR hieroglyphs ;))

EPCOT Explorer

If this is so false, find me one change/upgrade/whatever that these forums are for. You can't.

Anything that gets done gets complained about. A lot.

Which is why I don't take it seriously when stories come out that Disney checks forums for reactions. No matter what they do, everything is so negative, they can't possibly know if the idea is good or not.

Now, is everyone that way? No. But you will find a good number of members to complain about ANYTHING that gets done.

I think it's called Haunted Mansion.

*backs away slowly*

WDWFREAK53

Found her yet? You can quite clearly see that the scene doesn't revolve around her, (FYI: You can also find C-3PO and R2-D2 in the GMR hieroglyphs ;))

(No but she does revolve around the scene :lookaroun ) :lol:

Yes, those are "hidden" characters...much like hidden Mickeys.

terp79

Okay....isn't my Tony Baxter over seeing this referb? Did he sign off on this blasted idea? Did they okay this with Mary first???

I get it for China, make since...but not for the states, not for the original, no no no no no.

the-reason14

I keep hearing Small World referred to in terms of "appropriateness" like it's some sort of holy shrine.

It's a RIDE folks.

...and honestly, I can't really remember the last time I went on it thinking "Ah, look at all the various children representing their fantastic cultures! Look! It's the mexican children all happy celebrating the day of the dead! And look over there! (insert region of the world)!"

No. Mostly I'm going "It's a smaaaaall wooooorld aaaaaafter all. It's a smaaaall wooooowlrd aaaaaafter all. It's a smaaaall wooooorld aaaaafter all. It's a smaaaaall, smaaaaall wooooooooorld!"... and then it takes a good 2 to 3 hours to get it outta my head.

I don't really think the kids in England are going to be writing angry, insulted letters because someone put Peter Pan's shadow on the wall... or god forbid made a little cute peter pan doll somewhere in the corner of the room. I don't think arab kids are shedding a tear of injury because Aladdin got snuck into the middle-eastern portion.

I mean, really? Really? You're making a big deal about this? The most this is going to change is someone is going to take pictures of the ride while singing the song and looking at the pretty dolls... then they'll notice a character, and go "HEY LOOK IT'S (character name here) OVER THERE!" Take a picture and moooooove on down the line. Very...very....very distracting.

We wouldn't want stupid, harmless, innocent fun getting in the way of the education and spirit of unity involved in It's a Small World, would we? Not at DISNEY WORLD! No stupid, pointless fun at disney world!

If you care about the kids THIS much, and they go through with these HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, DECIETFUL AND DISGRACEFUL additions to such a proper and graceful ride such as IASW, then send them letters by all means. Petition they add a Unicef collection thingie at the end of the ride, on top of donating the coins in the water. That'd be a good one.

Well, I mean, people will be too busy ranting and raving about how they saw Stitch in the ride to care at all about Unicef... or children... or their cultures... to donate, but every little bit helps. Right?

Oh, just to break my mean streak, I think it'd be AWESOME if Stitch was in the ride somewhere. I was thinking about it, and given the fact that the mischeif-factor for him is being played up so much (especially with the pins) I think it'd be hilarious if they snuck him in somehow.

In fact, I propose a new trend: Hidden Stitches. It's even a clever play on words!

I'd look for 'em.

I def. see what you're saying, and for the most part I agree. Im not to hip with this change either, and what you say about the disney characters taking away from the celebrating cultures is extremely true IMO. I take it kinda like how they did pirates, but in a way its different because these are chacters from established movies. I think it could work, but its degrades teh attraction alittle as far as originality and its previous purpose. I think if its done in a hidden mickey type of way, then it wont be too bad, but having full out AAs seems alittle much, esp. for characters like Cinderella, Belle, and such, all the grown up type characters. I guess, we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, DL IASW is the original and the best, I think this for the HK version is better. I didnt even know they didnt have IASW or several other key attractions that you cant call a MK without them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom