Le Cellier

Phonedave

Heck, where else in a Disney park can you get a filet for $26 for lunch?

I'm just hoping it's good. If it's better than something like Outback's steak, I'll be happy. It doesn't have to be Mortin's status.

You should be happy then.

It is decent steak. Yeah they smother it in a sauce and all, but the meat itself is pretty good as well. It's not like a Outback steak where there is a cup of salt added to it.

-dave

mitchk

I always get my steak well done, with no sauce (I don't care for the sauce at all), and creamcheese mashed potatoes :slurp: and lets not forget about the breadsticks. I can't wait :)

justdru

I think they hold tables as long as possible for people running late for reservations since they were turning people away looking for a walk up reservation.

Unverified but was told that each restaurant also holds a specific number of vacant tables for club level guests. I would assume Le Cellier is a hot commodity amongst club level guests so that could be the case as well.

goofykt

We have been able to eat there every time we walk up without a reservation. Here's what you do:
Send in your spouse to ask if they have a table available. While she's doing that, have her glance down at the computer screen and notice a name of a party that has the same amount of people in it as yours. Then she leaves and tells you that name. Then you walk in and give them the name and voila! You have a table.
There can be some complications but it usually works:animwink:

Try the name Abe Froman. It might also help to mention that you're the Sausage King of Chicago.

RoRo

I'm going to Le Cellier for lunch next week for the first time and I was wondering what is the best thing to order for lunch.

goofykt

Tried to make online reservations for Le Cellier for my upcoming trip on 9/5/09 through 9/12/09. I was disappointed to find that it was booked for every day and night of my stay! What are the chances I can walk up around 5 pm and just wait for a table? Did not know if anyone had done this before. Any advice?

As a side note, the online reservations system is great!

I'm going almost the exact same time as you (9/5-9/13) and I just made a reservation online! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm new to WDWMagic and I'd never even heard of Le Cellier until I created an account on here, so by the time I'd heard about Le Cellier's fabled awesomeness, I was waaaay past the 90 day mark and it was totally booked. I've been checking online every single day using the "date range" function, and I'd gotten so used to rejection that when an open time actually appeared at the top, I almost jumped out of my chair at work! No one around my office would care, so I had to get on here and share my excitement with someone!!! WAHOO!!

Moral of the story? PERSISTENCE!!! Keep checking djvand because you might luck out!

hsb1970

Is Le Celliar really good? Just wondering since it looks so hard to get an ADR. Also, if you can't get an ADR there what would you suggest? Thank you.

Mrs.Toad

Sorry! I was there last week and I made reservations like weeks ago and barely got in for a real late lunch at 2:10. So many walk-ups were turned away last Friday. It doesn't hurt to try though.

I did go to San Angel and Coral Reef last week and I have to say they were both very good and we ordered a wide variety of items too.

Hope you get in!

As for a lunch review...our waiter was funny and fantastic. We ordered a Canadian beer and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called but I told the waiter that I would like to try a lighter beer that is from Canada. The guy told me that Le Cellier is the only place that this beer is easy to find in the U.S.

The breadsticks were amazing. Pretzel, sourdough, and some type of seeded one. They were warm and fresh and the butter was delicious.

I had the beer cheese soup and was in heaven....

My boyfriend ordered a steak with potatoes gratin and it was wonderful. Also, he ordered onion rings and a huge skillet with tasty onion rings arrived.

I ordered the shaved prime rib sandwich with mushrooms, onions, and horseradish cream sauce....It was also amazing.

We ate at many places in Disney last week and my boyfriend has not been to WDW in like 15 years. He is still talking about Le Cellier.

elizs77

I check every day, multiple times a day. We've been there on our past two trips, and we won't be heartbroken if we don't get in. But, we'd still love to return.

This has been the ONLY ADR I've had trouble getting for next week using the online system. I've even been able to get multiple shots at Norway and 1900 Park Fare to see the princesses/Cindy (we didn't take them, but they were available!).

My alternates this time are Chefs de France (never been) and Kona Cafe. Actually, DH enjoyed Kona over Le Cellier last year.

Phonedave

We ordered a Canadian beer and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called but I told the waiter that I would like to try a lighter beer that is from Canada. The guy told me that Le Cellier is the only place that this beer is easy to find in the U.S. .

It would be one of these.

Labatt's, Molson, and Moosehead are all over the place, so it must have been one of the others.

All of them are by Unibroue

Canadian Unibroue $6.25
La Fin du Monde $6.25
Maudite $6.25
Blanche de Chambly $6.25
Trois Pistoles $6.25
Molson Canadian $5.25
Labatt Blue $5.25
Labatt Light Blue $5.25
Draft Moosehead Pale Ale $4.25

If you were looking for somthing Light, it was not Trois Pistoles, or Maudite. La Fin du Monde is not "lite" in the "lite beer" sense, but it is lighter than the other two - It also is up around 9% ABV. It's also one of my favorites.

If your beer was citrusy and lightly spicy (like coriander) then it was the Blanche de Chambly (Which I would not serve to a person eating a prime rib sandwich with horseradish sauce by the way - just a really bad pairing)

Maybe it is the "Canadian Unibroue" - I have never heard of Unibroue making a beer simply called "Unibroue" - they usualy name them. They do make one called "U" which is indeed a light style beer. That is about the only one I have not seen at my local liquor stores. I may have to hunt some down now.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom