Le Cellier

djvand

Original Poster
Tried to make online reservations for Le Cellier for my upcoming trip on 9/5/09 through 9/12/09. I was disappointed to find that it was booked for every day and night of my stay! What are the chances I can walk up around 5 pm and just wait for a table? Did not know if anyone had done this before. Any advice?

As a side note, the online reservations system is great!

WDWmazprty

Tried to make online reservations for Le Cellier for my upcoming trip on 9/5/09 through 9/12/09. I was disappointed to find that it was booked for every day and night of my stay! What are the chances I can walk up around 5 pm and just wait for a table? Did not know if anyone had done this before. Any advice?

Extremely unlikely you'll get a table at all, much less at around 5:00pm. Le Cellier is probably one of the most, if not THE most popular restaurant in Epcot; if you don't have a reservation already you won't be getting in, unless there is a last minute cancellation and you're lucky enough to grab it up. Good luck!

tigsmom

More than likely it will not happen. Last time we were there there were no openings for over 3 months!

Call everyday to see if there are any cancellations, call from you hotel room as well each day you are there and be flexible with the dates & times. We got a 3:30 lunch instead of dinner which was ok for us, we just had snacks when we went to the hotel that night.

k.hunter30

He's right. Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely. Last time we were there was our first time dining there (in May, so not even the time when everyone in scrambling to get reservations). We tried showing up two other nights RIGHT when they opened to try to fit in a second dining experience there, and they could not seat us. You can try doing that though... you never know.
Good luck!

sissa216

I agree-
we ate there for the first time last September.

Even with our ADR for two people, we had to wait an hour past our ADR time.
We sat near the check in and watched dozens upon dozens of people walk up asking if there was anything available, only to be told there was nothing until lunch the next week.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As everyone else has stated you hive a better chance of winning the lottery while simultaneously being struck by lighting then getting a walk up at Le Cellier. Sure it can happen but don't count on it. Make a back up ADR somewhere else and keep checking online to see if a spot opens up.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
99.99999% chance of not walking up and getting a stand by seating. The last few times we have been there, while waiting for our reservation time, all people walking up trying to get in were directed to a house phone and asked to call the reservation number.

maggiegrace1

I got Le Cellier for next week by using the online reservation system last night...:eek:

It is not always that impossible..unless I am just really lucky..:shrug:

I was just going to try and see if I could get one..and sure enough I did..

Keep trying!..:)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
After years of trying months before I finally ate there when they upgraded the system last fall about 5 plus months prior......friends have walked up for lunch or gotten ADR's closer but not dinner..........:king:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They do get cancellations when peeps plans changes true...so call call call again....might want to invest in a hands free headset as to mulitask ...:animwink:

Ghall

It's really hard to get a reservation, we were lucky to have a reservation for our trip leaving tomorrow. As someone else said try the online ADR's you might be in luck.

durangojim

We have been able to eat there every time we walk up without a reservation. Here's what you do:
Send in your spouse to ask if they have a table available. While she's doing that, have her glance down at the computer screen and notice a name of a party that has the same amount of people in it as yours. Then she leaves and tells you that name. Then you walk in and give them the name and voila! You have a table.
There can be some complications but it usually works:animwink:

WDWmazprty

We have been able to eat there every time we walk up without a reservation. Here's what you do:
Send in your spouse to ask if they have a table available. While she's doing that, have her glance down at the computer screen and notice a name of a party that has the same amount of people in it as yours. Then she leaves and tells you that name. Then you walk in and give them the name and voila! You have a table.

:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

maggiegrace1

Please tell me you are joking?
I hope that is what the wink is for..:)

You do realize people will do this now though?

Ghall

That's bad!!! What about the poor people who booked their ADR 90 days out and find their table gone????

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

Keep trying, today i found 2 dinner times in the one week for my trip in july, and multiple lunch times, keep tweaking with it and something will pop up :wave:

tigsmom

Every time we have tried to make reservations I always asked "do you have such & such time on such & such day?". This last time I asked " do you have any openings for the week of ___". We were able to get in that way. I did the same with every restaurant we wanted to eat in and hit pay dirt each time. We then planned our days around those meals (though we do have hoppers so it really didn't matter).

DBlackwell

So... How does one get and ADR?

So what is the best method for getting an ADR there? Looking at the on-line reservation system, it appears that the 90-day out mark is already fully booked 5:00p-8:00p (for the entire 5 days prior as well). Reservation for 4 is what I seached for.

Is the best hope to *call* in at 7:00a on the 90-day out date? Or is there a better option I may not be aware of?

lilclerk

So what is the best method for getting an ADR there? Looking at the on-line reservation system, it appears that the 90-day out mark is already fully booked 5:00p-8:00p (for the entire 5 days prior as well). Reservation for 4 is what I seached for.

Is the best hope to *call* in at 7:00a on the 90-day out date? Or is there a better option I may not be aware of?

For Le Cellier, I would call because they can search by a time and date range, rather than a date range and specific time period in the online system. Hopefully they can find something during your stay for you in one search. :shrug:

mroman

For our most recent trip in May we kept calling pretty much every other day to check availability and this was a month before we were set to arrive. We did manage to get a lunch reservation but the agent who took our reservation screwed up and put 4 instead of 4 adults, 2 children. Luckily they were nice enough to seat us as soon as possible.

I've only been to a couple of other restaurants in World Showcase so it looks to me that LeCellier has the least amount of seating. I would think being so popular they would have tried to expand the place.

One other thing I noticed when we were eating...there were probably 3-5 empty tables during the entire time of our meal so I think they hold tables as long as possible for people running late for reservations since they were turning people away looking for a walk up reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom