Largest test to date of MyMagic+ will use all features including guest use of the MagicBand

dreamfinder

100% speculation but is it unreasonable to think they would do 3 FP+ reservations for Deluxe, 2 for moderate, and 1 for value?

There has been plenty of speculation that something of this nature will come. It may be that any guest can get 3 FP+, and then if you stay on property you get extras, +1, +2, +3 depending on levels. Or you may get an extra FP+ for every $200 in merch you buy. Or they may just do 60 days + 10 for resorts guests. Any "plussing" of the system leads to a bunch of possible issues. I think it will definitely end up being a large game of wait and see.

kapeman

On our most recent trip, we were able to ride TSM, RnR, Soarin and TT in one day. With the way the new system looks, that won't be possible. The limit of three per day is a disappointment. I had been looking forward to this new system.

Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the personal guest experiences the RFID was supposed to enable?

RSoxNo1

Despite the still widespread ignorance of the FastPass system, I don't think those who will be most inclined to buy into the fullest extent of MyMagic+, including potential upcharge experiences, will be pleased with such a limit on what was once free. Three FastPasses per person may be the overall average, but it is not average amongst the audience that will most buy into the system.
I would assume now that the 3/2/1 thing I outlined above would also include day of Fastpass usage under the current rules.

lebeau

I would assume now that the 3/2/1 thing I outlined above would also include day of Fastpass usage under the current rules.

You mean the ability to use FP and FP+? I thought we had established it was an "either-or" situation. Meaning if you opt out of FP+, you can used FP. But you can't use both.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm a fan of FP+, but not the notion of some people getting more FP allowances than others. That's all sorts of screwed up.
In other news, has anyone mentioned that some of the FP distribution machines have already been converted to the touchscreen kiosks? They're still under wraps, but they're there.

RSoxNo1

You mean the ability to use FP and FP+? I thought we had established it was an "either-or" situation. Meaning if you opt out of FP+, you can used FP. But you can't use both.
I'm beginning to think this is not the case. Whether it was initially an either/or situation, I think making it no longer an either/or situation resolves a lot of guest concerns. If the either/or situation is eliminated the only concern now becomes availability of premium attractions day of

muteki

I'm beginning to think this is not the case. Whether it was initially an either/or situation, I think making it no longer an either/or situation resolves a lot of guest concerns. If the either/or situation is eliminated the only concern now becomes availability of premium attractions day of

I think the best case scenario is if they kept the current day-of FP system with new RFID/kiosks coupled with a limited x-days in advance FP reservation system. I just don't know if, realistically, there is enough capacity for that.

It's like ADR/walk in dining. The amount of ADRs is so overwhelmingly numerous that any chances of walking up to a restaurant and getting a table day-of is impossible.

lazyboy97o

I always took that to mean not using the system the preset yes it's with the kiosks and paper tickets.

RSoxNo1

That's the problem right now especially in Epcot. I'm not seeing how the new FP is of any use??? Standby lines crawl at a snails pace now and I can't believe that will change. Epcot and DHS need more rides not new Mickey Bands.......
Am I the only one that has noticed attendance/wait times at The Seas with Nemo and Friends picking up? I would rarely have to wait for that even at the busiest times of year and now I'm regularly seeing 20+ minute waits.

Did something change?

rioriz

On our most recent trip, we were able to ride TSM, RnR, Soarin and TT in one day. With the way the new system looks, that won't be possible. The limit of three per day is a disappointment. I had been looking forward to this new system.

Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the personal guest experiences the RFID was supposed to enable?

Nope you can ride them in one day...fast pass+ a couple and stand in line for the others..TSM at rope drop,then Tot then FP RnRC and Soarin

ratherbeinwdw

Am I the only one that has noticed attendance/wait times at The Seas with Nemo and Friends picking up? I would rarely have to wait for that even at the busiest times of year and now I'm regularly seeing 20+ minute waits.

Did something change?
Yes. It was out the door during spring break. We didn't wait. We waited until late hours and rode with no wait.

kapeman

Nope you can ride them in one day...fast pass+ a couple and stand in line for the others..TSM at rope drop,then Tot then FP RnRC and Soarin

I meant that it probably would not have been possible without FP. I also think the amount of time in the standby line would make it difficult, if not impossible to do them all.
Especially since FP+ limits you to FP at only one park.

I find that odd since it seems they have been trying to encourage park hopping more recently.

Dasnowz

I haven't read all of this thread but wanted to share what I found out that is supposedly current as of Saturday.

The number of fast passes will be limited to 3 per park per day. One park only per day. A limited number of passes will be available per ride and once those are gone they are gone. There is a very good chance day trip people will never be able to receive fast passes for more popular rides. There are going to be less fast passes given out but they will be spread out over a larger time of day. Also they expect that adding in fast passes to parades and such should reduce the number used on rides. Day trip persons will be able to access kiosks inside the park and get fast passes for the day from what is left. They expect fewer per hour fast passes and the upcoming GAC revisions to force more people into the standby lines but with less in fast pass side the lines should move faster. They expect this to be live in early next year.

This is what is being taught to CM who are involved with this. I was most shocked to find out that FP are being decreased while park attendance is going up.

There was also tips and tricks given to the CM to help to alleviate traffic jams at rides that they are supposed to pass on to guests who ask. Things such as when entering the park go left and circle around .
Most people rush to the right. We actually have been sitting in the mornings and watching this. About an hour after park opening most popular rides calm down for about an hour so that is the best time.

Like I said not sure how much has been posted but thought I would share as I have seen many questions about how many and how to get.

The one big thing I didn't like was that its a tap and go system. It does not just scan the band. It actually has to touch.

Paper fast passes will be gone. There is confusion about how those who don't have bands will get tickets I heard a couple of different plans but no one knows for sure.

asianway

I haven't read all of this thread but wanted to share what I found out that is supposedly current as of Saturday.

The number of fast passes will be limited to 3 per park per day. One park only per day. A limited number of passes will be available per ride and once those are gone they are gone. There is a very good chance day trip people will never be able to receive fast passes for more popular rides. There are going to be less fast passes given out but they will be spread out over a larger time of day. Also they expect that adding in fast passes to parades and such should reduce the number used on rides. Day trip persons will be able to access kiosks inside the park and get fast passes for the day from what is left. They expect fewer per hour fast passes and the upcoming GAC revisions to force more people into the standby lines but with less in fast pass side the lines should move faster. They expect this to be live in early next year.

This is what is being taught to CM who are involved with this. I was most shocked to find out that FP are being decreased while park attendance is going up.

There was also tips and tricks given to the CM to help to alleviate traffic jams at rides that they are supposed to pass on to guests who ask. Things such as when entering the park go left and circle around .
Most people rush to the right. We actually have been sitting in the mornings and watching this. About an hour after park opening most popular rides calm down for about an hour so that is the best time.

Like I said not sure how much has been posted but thought I would share as I have seen many questions about how many and how to get.

The one big thing I didn't like was that its a tap and go system. It does not just scan the band. It actually has to touch.

Paper fast passes will be gone. There is confusion about how those who don't have bands will get tickets I heard a couple of different plans but no one knows for sure.
Decreasing the number of fp would support my conspiracy theory of pay to play day of fp, that allotment needs to come from somewhere. I know even spirit said there's no plans for it, but they need to recover $2B somehow

Dasnowz

There is honestly no discussion of pay to play that I have heard. The idea is to get lines moving faster by decreasing those in fp lines. We had a lengthy discussion about this. The sad thing is that this whole system is making it so if you don't plan out in advance there is a real chance you will not get fp to any popular rides. It was said at one point that its a real possibility that none will be available day of trip even at opening.

The main push honestly was for people to preplan their trip and every minute to be micromanaged. The group I was with came to a consensus we don't like this plan

Mammymouse

All this "to Fastpass+ or to not Fastpass+" is giving me a headache and anxiety! I thought we were supposed to be on VACATION! Even if a visit is only a day at a time as with many APers, at least to me Disney's appeal is supposed to be an escape from day to day routine and stress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom