Laminate Floors Increase Noise?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
All the deluxe resort rooms, no matter the room configuration, have at the minimum a vacuum and a broom/dust pan. Some even have a steam mop. No need to bring your own.....

Sans Souci

We just left Pop. Had a 2nd floor room in 90s building. No noise above. The floors are loud if you wear shoes with a plastic or hard heel.

My only issue was that the floors felt dirty upon arrival.

This is what I felt when I stayed at BWV. I wanted to mention it, but I didn't want to be called a "Doom and Gloomer." The floors felt sticky in places and my son's sock bottoms were filthy on the bottom. Even though we paid cash and got daily housekeeping, the floors were never cleaned. I did do some spot cleaning, but it really needed a mop and some solution.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This is what I felt when I stayed at BWV. I wanted to mention it, but I didn't want to be called a "Doom and Gloomer." The floors felt sticky in places and my son's sock bottoms were filthy on the bottom. Even though we paid cash and got daily housekeeping, the floors were never cleaned. I did do some spot cleaning, but it really needed a mop and some solution.

There's a steam mop in the closet with the broom and vacuum. At least there was in our one bedroom at BWV - which I used when I spilled OJ all over the kitchen floor. Gotta make sure that cap is on tightly before I shake the jug, lol.

Lets Respect

Original Poster
I've stayed in WL Villas multiple times sunce the refurbishment. If it's the same laminate, it's (1) not wood and (2) not that noisy. I've got wood laminate floors in my house and the ones at Disney are very quiet in comparison...

We stayed there two years ago so not sure if things changed but the bedrooms had carpet

It did seem like a vinyl flooring in the living area

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
We stayed there two years ago so not sure if things changed but the bedrooms had carpet

It did seem like a vinyl flooring in the living area

Yes, the bedrooms still have carpet, at least they did in April. I believe Copper Creek is all hard surface, with area rugs. I don't remember carpet in the bedroom when I took my tour.

The Empress Lilly

There's a steam mop in the closet with the broom and vacuum. At least there was in our one bedroom at BWV - which I used when I spilled OJ all over the kitchen floor. Gotta make sure that cap is on tightly before I shake the jug, lol.
There's a telephone in the room with a number to call reception. They can send a cleaner. It's all I would be willing to do to get a clean floor already when I paid $79843 per night.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There's a telephone in the room with a number to call reception. They can send a cleaner. It's all I would be willing to do to get a clean floor already when I paid $79843 per night.

I would be embarrassed to call Housekeeping to clean up a mess I made because of my carelessness, but that's me...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Fair enough. ;)

But I meant a floor dirty not through any mess of my own.

You know, I'd still clean it if the tools were available in the room for me to do so. Quicker than calling and waiting for Housekeeping. But I'd let them know the floor was dirty and I cleaned it. I've even washed the towels I used...and left a note saying they were washed. It's their water, electricity and laundry soap.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Worth noting the laminate floors are being used in non-villa rooms, meaning there isn't an option to clean the floor even if you wanted to clean it.

Um, so when rooms are renovated, Disney is replacing carpet with vinyl laminate? Interesting....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Correct. The new rooms at POP and Yacht Club (standard rooms) have the new laminate. Jury still seems to be out as far as noise.

I knew the new rooms at Pop had laminate floors. Make sense, easier to clean than carpet and better for people with allergies. If the floors are properly installed and not directly on concrete, that helps with noise.

jaklgreen

People need to take their shoes off as soon as they get into the room. I treat it like my house, no one gets past a couple of feet from the door before shoes have to come off. It's disgusting.

LAKid53

Premium Member
People need to take their shoes off as soon as they get into the room. I treat it like my house, no one gets past a couple of feet from the door before shoes have to come off. It's disgusting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing the same. Shoes come off right at the door - I've got a tray for them. I'm not only trying to keep all the yuck on the bottom of shoes being tracked into my house, but protect my hardwood floors, even if they're laminate.

Sans Souci

There was only one of those mops that has a sponge at the end of it. This was last August, so maybe the steam mops weren't in all rooms yet? I did use the mop provided to clean with water, but it really needed some pine sol or something that could cut through grime, you know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom