Laminate Floors Increase Noise?

Lets Respect

Original Poster
Does anyone think all of the laminate floors they are installing in the rooms are going to increase noise issues?

We lived in an apartment last year in between selling and buying, with people above us.

The entire apartment was carpet except for the bathrooms and kitchen. And the dining area down the hallway to the bedrooms

There was soooo much noise just from the footsteps of the people above and kids running. And most of it emanated out from the laminate area.

My mom's condo bans hard floors except on the first floor and wet areas

I wonder if they have put in any soundproofing underneath?

drizgirl

I wonder about that too. We stayed in a condo once on vacation with tile floors above us and ended up having to move because of all the noise coming from above late at night. With more hard wood floors going in at Disney, I'll be watching to see the reports of noise and will plan accordingly to try and avoid it. (request a top floor room or book a resort that still has carpet).

SSH

It's a really good question. I know we put a good quality laminate in our bedroom and I love the look, but every time the cats jump on the bed, on the floor or walk around, the pitter patter of their feet is amplified big time. Would not do it again if I had the choice. Have tile everywhere else and it's MUCH quieter.

DisneyPrincess5

It makes sense to me that feet/other objects meeting that surface would be noisier. Carpet absorbs or buffers sound. Hmm that stinks, I didn't think of that at all.
Anyone know if the Boardwalk Inn Villas have the laminate yet?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've stayed in WL Villas multiple times sunce the refurbishment. If it's the same laminate, it's (1) not wood and (2) not that noisy. I've got wood laminate floors in my house and the ones at Disney are very quiet in comparison...

nickys

Premium Member
I've stayed in WL Villas multiple times sunce the refurbishment. If it's the same laminate, it's (1) not wood and (2) not that noisy. I've got wood laminate floors in my house and the ones at Disney are very quiet in comparison...

Maybe a silly question, but how slippy is the laminate?

When we stayed in a Beach Club villa, one of my boys slept on a makeshift bed on the floor using the cushions off the pull-out. I was thinking with the laminate that the cushions would slip around too much, but what's your view? Possible?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

When we stayed in a Beach Club villa, one of my boys slept on a makeshift bed on the floor using the cushions off the pull-out. I was thinking with the laminate that the cushions would slip around too much, but what's your view? Possible?

They can be slippery if wearing socks, so I would assume the same when laying the cushions on the floor to sleep on.

J_Krafty24

A 2ft x 8ft non-slip rug pad is $8 on Amazon. A roll or non-slip drawer liner is about the same. Might be worth picking up a roll to help keep the cushions from sliding around.

nickys

Premium Member
A 2ft x 8ft non-slip rug pad is $8 on Amazon. A roll or non-slip drawer liner is about the same. Might be worth picking up a roll to help keep the cushions from sliding around.

Thanks for the tip! That sounds a possibility. Coming from the UK bringing an air bed and the pump seems overkill, but my two 6ft+ boys just do not fit in one bed ;). Not that they would share a bed when smaller either ..... I had wondered about getting 2 studios instead, but we like our breakfasts.

We're spoilt for BLT but I love the BC and am determined we'll start our trip there. A few days chilling in the lazy river at SAB whilst dipping in and out of World Showcase will do nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom