Just when you thought there was no more money to be made in the parking lots

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This seems absolutely convenient for the people who wake up at their resort and realize they have no bottled water or fruit in their room, then proceed to walk past all the areas of their hotel that sell bottled water, fruit and a myriad of other options, they hop in their car still completely thirsty then drive by 25 places where they could stop and get a drink (for far less than $3), then arrive and park their car, hop out and suddenly decide they need a bottle of water.... and low and behold, the used country club golf cart catches their eye and the solution to their parched state is at hand! Thanks TDO!

You are being sarcastic...but it happens....

rael ramone

Thoughts:

Add me to the 'good idea, horrible, horrible execution' list.

In a premium, themed resort, an effort should be made to make this look appropriate. (And having it look good might even boost sales - there's a reason McDonald's spends money renovating their restaurants). It makes the food trucks/stands that you find outside Home Depot look like The French Laundry.

A nice looking food truck would not be an issue in my opinion.

Luxe

I really like the pizza stand at the All Star resort. That's a great idea when you get back from the park and want a quick bite before bed. The parking lot golf cart doesn't make sense to me, there are places to get a drink and overpriced chips at every park entrance. I guess they are trying to profit on lazy people here? Ok then...

Smooth

Coming soon:
PHP498C97770165D.jpg

For a fee of course.

Brad Bishop

Coming soon:
PHP498C97770165D.jpg

For a fee of course.

Those would be wonderful. I'm not forced to use them. There are times when I'm leaving the park late at night and think, "Man, I sure could use the restroom," but I've already passed the restrooms at the TTC and am already on the tram. These would be great for when you need to use the restroom out in the parking lot and don't want to wait until you get back to the hotel. $20/10min session seems perfectly reasonable and, again, you don't have to use them, so what's the harm?

The $20/10min fee could also be used to ensure that they're mostly clean.

BubbaQuest

Notice where this is parked? Aladdin which is the upcharge lot. If people will pay extra to park closer they should pay to get water, soda and chips in the lot right? Not like people bring drinks and food with them???

Wait? This is in the new $35 premium parking? That doesn't already include free water and a bag of chips?

Raineman

So, let me get this straight-everything in the parking lots now has to be themed to the max? Why stop there? Maybe all of the roads leading into WDW property should be themed too? How about all of the Orlando area? Come on, people. The amount of complaining over petty things like food carts in the parking lot is really not necessary. Save the vitriol for the extremely inane Disney decisions-like those idiotic cabanas, for instance.

Luxe

So, let me get this straight-everything in the parking lots now has to be themed to the max? Why stop there? Maybe all of the roads leading into WDW property should be themed too? How about all of the Orlando area? Come on, people. The amount of complaining over petty things like food carts in the parking lot is really not necessary. Save the vitriol for the extremely inane Disney decisions-like those idiotic cabanas, for instance.
It's not necessarily the parking lot snack cart idea that is the problem here, just the culmination of the last few shenanigans going on in the parks.

Virtual Toad

And as usual, frothing at the mouth because there's now a drink cart in the parking lot. I don't get this site sometimes???

Sorry you feel that way but this is about standards.

This is about the WDW that used to be-- and no longer is-- because current management believes that "good enough" is good enough.

This is about a recent, ongoing and disturbing trend. This is about the fact that advertising $35 preferred parking at the front door to Epcot is embarrassing. Selling shanties for $650 a pop-- in Tomorrowland of all places-- is as tacky as it is cringeworthy.

This is about separating the guest from every last penny as they come and go-- and to heck with the consequences-- because we're on a mission to dumb down the experience so far that any discussion of providing a quality experience is seen as hopelessly critical banter from a bunch of malcontents.

A concession stand on wheels in the parking lot is so far beneath what WDW used to stand for that we can't understand why so many people can't see it for what it is.

I wish I had photos of what the EPCOT parking lot used to look like to share with you and others here, so you could realize, what with the tacky fake security stand and now the concession stand on wheels-- we really have come so far.

But definitely not in the direction the promise of a new tomorrow was supposed to take us. And that's what we're complaining about.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just when you thought TDO had lowered the bar as far as they could, and they had hit the bottom in terms of standards... They unveil a shovel and start digging.

The only thing worse than this would be increasing the already-exorbitant parking fees to cover this "plussing" of the parking lots.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's a lot of extra charge things to get mad about, but really, this is just a straight sale of food. It's not an upcharge.

That needs to be repeated: This is not an upcharge thing. It's not preferential parking. It's not parking lot tents. It's not a private tram.

It's just a vending thing.

How is this different than the soda and snack vending machines outside the park gates?

JoeCamel

There's a lot of extra charge things to get mad about, but really, this is just a straight sale of food. It's not an upcharge.

That needs to be repeated: This is not an upcharge thing. It's not preferential parking. It's not parking lot tents. It's not a private tram.

It's just a vending thing.

How is this different than the soda and snack vending machines outside the park gates?

Um, they are partially themed and permanent and this is a golf cart in a parking lot with reflectorized CMs?

PREMiERdrum

Sadly, this thread got me curious enough to see how expense used Golf Course Beer Carts are, and that just further exposed me to how much better this could have looked, even had they bought an "off the shelf" cart. There are ones with nice striped, canvas tops that would blend much more nicely with WDW's aesthetic, carts with tasteful and period-themed graphics, and carts with far better merchandising visuals than the one pictured in the Disney lot.

If someone told me that a mid-manager in foods went to an auction one weekend, picked this thing up, and hatched this plan on a whim... I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

drizgirl

Sadly, this thread got me curious enough to see how expense used Golf Course Beer Carts are, and that just further exposed me to how much better this could have looked, even had they bought an "off the shelf" cart. There are ones with nice striped, canvas tops that would blend much more nicely with WDW's aesthetic, carts with tasteful and period-themed graphics, and carts with far better merchandising visuals than the one pictured in the Disney lot.

If someone told me that a mid-manager in foods went to an auction one weekend, picked this thing up, and hatched this plan on a whim... I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

I'll go a step further and say they didn't even pay for this at an auction. I bet they souped up something parked in the back Disney lot somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom