Just when you thought there was no more money to be made in the parking lots

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
We've had parking price increases, premium parking, massively overpriced EV charging, and now Disney has found a new way to make money in the parking lots.

What's next, PhotoPass in the parking lot?

And yes, the poor CM's are holding menus and showing them to the passers buy.

IMG_8474.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ABQ

I suppose it's only useful on the way out of the park? Monorail and ferry are both no food an drink allowed, are they not?

FerretAfros

I have no problem with the concept, but the execution is remarkably terrible. A golf cart with a stenciled sign is really the best they could come up with?

Too bad there isn't an attractive food truck on property that isn't operating on a regular basis. Oh wait...
Namaste-Cafe-Food-Truck-Downtown-Disney-18.jpg

And for the record, this isn't the first time Disney has tried to monetize the time spent in the parking lot. DLR's Toy Story parking lot has frequently had ODV carts ever since the lot first opened circa 2010, including some that sell park tickets to bypass the long lines at the Esplanade
dl171017.jpg

jaklgreen

The parked golf cart I feel is the problem. If it was a more permanent structure or even just a drinks cart from the parks I'd feel a lot better about it.

I think this is a quick way of them to get drinks and snacks out at a busy time of year. I have no issues with the golf cart. I love WDW and have been going for the last 20 years. I guess I do not see things like that and freak out that Disney has ruined my vacation or has lost all of its appeal because they put up a temporary spot at busy times.

PREMiERdrum

Good idea, executed at a level far below Disney standards... it's a used golf course beer cart. I would guess this setup allows them to react more quickly to different areas of the parking lot as crowds shift. The standard Disney ODVC with a standing umbrella would be infinitely more aesthetically pleasing.

Bolt

We've had parking price increases, premium parking, massively overpriced EV charging, and now Disney has found a new way to make money in the parking lots.

What's next, PhotoPass in the parking lot?

And yes, the poor CM's are holding menus and showing them to the passers buy.

View attachment 177005
The offerings available prior to a park open is always so limited so I'd welcome this.

MissM

Forget drinks and snacks in the parking lot. What they need are TRASH CANS. Man, the parking lot is ALWAYS a mess with garbage people just leave in the parking spaces. And I get it because no one wants to carry the trash on the tram to the TTC to throw it away. Such a silly oversight not to have trash cans at least at the tram stops. I can only imagine snack/drink carts will make this problem worse.

Princess Leia

If this was a food truck, I'd be a little more impressed. It's not a bad idea, but like the cabanas, the execution was poor. It serves a need, but could definitely be spruced a bit (or a lot).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom