Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

EthanMagicBands

My advice is to anyone who didn't make the cut for the party, go photograph it / look at it from the parking lot.

EXACTLY. If you really want to see it, just go to Epcot towards the end of the night and look at it from the parking lot.

The "event" itself probably will just be some free snacks/drinks, a poster or MagicBand or something (MAYBE, they have been getting more lame with the gifts lately), and you'll just get to see the announcement in person (I'm not expecting a whole lot of details either).

It's all going to be live-streamed on the Blog anyway.

At first I was bummed that I didn't get in, but I'd honestly rather go to the movie previews that they do at AMC 24 in Disney Springs anyway.... they give you free popcorn and drinks and tickets. AND you get to see the movie early and do character meet-and-greets. The Zootopia one was awesome. Pretty much a $100+ value in my book for a family of 4.

omurice

If I recall the Mike W announcement of Monstrous Summer All-Nighter in 2013 was projected on the south side of SSE, facing INTO the park, not toward the parking lot side, so from the parking lot may not be a way to see this. (Maybe)

Pam Hates Penguins

Good grief people. It's a harmless, one-time event. Nothing is being permanently changed. No operating hours are being impacted. No paying guest will be impacted or 'forced' to see this. The overwhelming majority of potential WDW guests will have absolutely no clue this event even happened. Outside of some people projecting negativity toward Disney for the sake of it, I can't see how this is an issue at all.

Nobody who doesn't want to see this will experience it or be impacted by it, and the next day it will be over and things will move on. What is the big deal?

They're overdoing it.

Tom Morrow

This is literally only going to be for a few hours total, and it will look cool. There is no reason whatsoever to complain about this but of course you guys find reasons.

You should instead be mad at all the fansites for giving this news a misleading headline on the subject, making it seem like a permanent change. It's irresponsible and now guests will forever ask "so when is it going to be changed to the Death Star??"

Pam Hates Penguins

This is literally only going to be for a few hours total, and it will look cool. There is no reason whatsoever to complain about this but of course you guys find reasons.

You should instead be mad at all the fansites for giving this news a misleading headline on the subject, making it seem like a permanent change. It's irresponsible and now guests will forever ask "so when is it going to be changed to the Death Star??"

Again, I say, it's just too much Star Wars... It's constant. And everyone knows it.

Sonic Sunglasses

The dissent basically boils down to this...

Pam Hates Penguins

It's not too much and not everyone knows it.

[penguin fight!!]

Picture1.jpg

Pam Hates Penguins

It's for a few hours of one night for a private event.

Oh and SSE is more or less the only structure in the world that can properly look like a death star, so there's that too. (yes I'm aware there are other geospheric structures but they aren't as good.)

We already have/had too much Star Wars. Here's my famous list of Star Wars overuse by Disney:

1. Season of the Force
a. Hyperspace Mountain
b. Star Wars Launch Bay

2. Star Wars Fireworks
3. Another Star Wars Launch Bay
4. Star Wars music forced at DHS

3. Two Star Wars Lands
a. 14 acres

4. Star Tours

Andrew_Ryan

WDWMagic Thread Post 1: "Ugh. No thanks"

WDWMagic Thread Posts 2-54: "OMG. You people need to just calm down. You'll complain about ANYTHING. Good grief, lighten up. It's a one time event! You guys need to take a chill pill. Give me a freaking break. What is the big deal? Anyone complaining about this just needs to relax. How do you people sleep at night?!?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom